3:00 Neighborhood Camps

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

3:00 Neighborhood Camps

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Alright, what camps (registered or otherwise) are planning on camping in the 2:30ish to 4ish range on the dial? Yes, we realize that placement is not announced until early July, and not all camps have filled out a placement questionnaire. Tell us about where you've requested, or where you're aiming to camp in the neighborhood if you're not a placed theme camp. This thread is for camps to announce their locations and intentions (not for recruiting, posting lineups and schedules, or other stuff you can tell us in your own camp thread)… tell us who you are, meet your neighbors!

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Re: 3:00 Neighborhood Camps

Post by bigbluedoggy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Destiny Lounge is once again hoping to be in this neighborhood! We had such a great time last year and we're looking forward to even more fun for 2016!
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located at Esplanade and 3:00 Portal for 2018!

mgb327

Post by mgb327 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Well, I guess I will step up to the plate first...myself and Heisenberg will be at 3:30 and J again this year, as the Playa Pinguinos. I make bacon and coffee every morning for those "innocent passersby" and neighboring campers. We bike out to the deep playa every afternoon, 2-3ish with coolers full of iced drinks for thirsty people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.

motskyroonmatick
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Black Rock City Welding & Repair will be back with Repairians repairing your wild variety of broken stuff and of course non stop bike repairs. Last year was a great year with fantastic neighbors, neighborhood and location. We will be making everything we do bigger, faster and stronger and adding even more interactivity. Stop by to get a repair, warm up at the night time warming station, jump on the trampoline, view the city from the tall couch, enjoy some music, spin the wheel of goodness and more!
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Gadget
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: SideShow

Post by Gadget » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:49 pm

BEHOLD! SIDESHOW returns to the Playa in 2016 with an assemblage of freaks, oddities, magicians extraordinaire, and a real-life strong woman, all in the greatest old time tradition of the Circus sideshow.

Explore our Odditorium of Playa Wonders, anyone is a musician on our world-famous Corndog Calliope, and prepare to be amazed, bemused, and not excused, from our Midnite Magic Shows (at 1PM and 11:PM).

And for a few lucky winners, a trip around BRC on the "Train of Thought" OR the "Paper Playa Plane". You literally cannot lose!

Killbuck is taking the year off, but Sideshow camp is carrying on.
We are going to merge forces with the 404 Village not found. Generally located around 3:00 and B or C.
Teaming up with 404, a larger frontage, and a few new talented performers promises to make for a great year!
"Gadget"
"Train of Thought" art car creator
Camp Sideshow Infrastructure lead

Peritwinkle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A - Peritwinkle's venue

Post by Peritwinkle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Camp D.O.A. is planning on being back on the playa bigger than ever near our usual place (3&D or 3&G).

This year we will be celebrating Handjam Master C's big birthday all week long by sharing some great Brunello, French rose/white Burgundy wine, and really nice champagne!

Hope to see you on the playa!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:13 am

So, after much thought and a vote by camp members, Sideshow has decided to depart from the 404 Village a be a stand alone placed camp once again this year. We are hopeful to be in the 3:00 Plaza again, but wherever we are placed, we will be an excellent camp. Stop in and see us!
"Gadget"

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 am

motskyroonmatick wrote:Black Rock City Welding & Repair will be back with Repairians repairing your wild variety of broken stuff and of course non stop bike repairs. Last year was a great year with fantastic neighbors, neighborhood and location. We will be making everything we do bigger, faster and stronger and adding even more interactivity. Stop by to get a repair, warm up at the night time warming station, jump on the trampoline, view the city from the tall couch, enjoy some music, spin the wheel of goodness and more!

This is great! Are you guys in need of volunteer mechanics? Bike shop veterans looking to volunteer our time, can even bring our own basic tools :D
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

motskyroonmatick
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:43 pm

tattooedreceptionist wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:Black Rock City Welding & Repair will be back with Repairians repairing your wild variety of broken stuff and of course non stop bike repairs. Last year was a great year with fantastic neighbors, neighborhood and location. We will be making everything we do bigger, faster and stronger and adding even more interactivity. Stop by to get a repair, warm up at the night time warming station, jump on the trampoline, view the city from the tall couch, enjoy some music, spin the wheel of goodness and more!

This is great! Are you guys in need of volunteer mechanics? Bike shop veterans looking to volunteer our time, can even bring our own basic tools :D
PM Sent! :)
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Soul Patch
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: WMICC " Veggie Camp"

Post by Soul Patch » Fri May 27, 2016 5:13 am

Veggie Camp
Usually around 3 & J
Gifting thousands of pounds of organic fruits and vegetables since 2011.

veggie camp pano.jpg

fernley1
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Love Veggie camp!

jeremedia
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: EXPEDITION OKNOTOK

Post by jeremedia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm

OKNOTOK shall return to 3:00 for our eighth year in row. Last year we were at 3:30 and C, which was perfect. Fingers crossed.

misfit
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 am

Jeremy.!. nice to see your coming back. thanks for the fire and hospitality. (wish you were here) :D
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

bigbluedoggy

Post by bigbluedoggy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Destiny Lounge is pleased to announce our placement for 2016 at Florin and 3:15! Nice and close to the relocated ice sales!

jeremedia

Post by jeremedia » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:20 pm

misfit wrote:Jeremy.!. nice to see your coming back. thanks for the fire and hospitality. (wish you were here) :D
Misfit!!! We'll see you there on the corner of 3&D... OK3D

Peritwinkle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A - Peritwinkle's venue

Post by Peritwinkle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 am

And..... we're back! Camp D.O.A. returns to the playa again this year but into a slightly different spot. We are now going to be placed at 3:30 and Cosimo!!! So you don't have to walk far to have us spoil you with fine wine and champagne!!!

Since some of our members were not able to get tickets this year, we are looking for a few new members to join our family.
We do have camp dues to help pay for the decadence. If you would like more information, please see our website: https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:01 am

DYE with DIGNITY within the 404 will be at 2:45 & C !

Weeeeeeeesdsdss
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Wigwam
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Wanderers

Post by Wigwam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 pm

The Wanderers camp has been placed at 3:30 and F. We serve hot dogs and toxic tonic to weary playa wanderers every day from 4:00 to 6:00ish. That's right...every day!!
The truth is more important than the facts.
I'm not an actor, but I've played one on TV.

Somebody
Burning Since: 2013

Post by Somebody » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 pm

We call it "coming home" and we greet each other as family...

Family Reunion Camp celebrates this aspect of Burning Man culture with activities that encourage getting to know our extended Burner family members. Making art, playing games, or sitting around the campfire telling stories and making music - come meet your long-lost relatives and share in making new memories for the Burner Family Album!

Botticelli & 3:45

https://www.facebook.com/Family-Reunion ... 463918176/

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 pm

OK, So we just heard from placement, and we are going to be at Esplanade @ 3:00 this year. Once again, back on the Esplanade! It will be a "banner' year!!!
"Gadget"

Luigi
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: VW Bus Camp

Post by Luigi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:26 pm

VW Bus Camp will be serving shots of tequila at 3:15 and High Renaissance
"Water is the driving force of all nature. " Leonardo da Vinci

jeremedia

Post by jeremedia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm

This years OKNOTOK configuration.

This is actually a screenshot of a VR 'experience' of the camp. If you have a Vive and like to check it out, let me know.

Leap
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Post by Leap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:24 am

Big Puffy Yellow checking in at 2:30 and G. Looking forward to starting some trouble with our neighbors!

Wigwam
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Wanderers

Post by Wigwam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Has anyone heard where DeMenthe is this year?
The truth is more important than the facts.
I'm not an actor, but I've played one on TV.

revjim

Post by revjim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:04 pm

VooDoo Soup will be returning to the neighborhood with our well tuned piano, soup and award winning sodas. Located at Cosimo and 3:15, we are dedicated to live music and encourage musicians to come by and jam. Sousaphones welcome.

WestburnerBRC
Camp Name: Westburner Baptist Church

Post by WestburnerBRC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:26 am

The WestBurner Baptist Church will be at the 3:00 Portal this year. Come join us for Daily Sermons on the 10 Principles, Alan Watts Power Hour, Concept Album Dance Parties, and random camp/dust storms/heterosexuality protests!

We will also be offering our "Playa Pet" service, where veteran burners can sign up to be a playa parent to a lucky virgin!
https://www.facebook.com/WestburnerBaptist/

dragonpilot
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Post by dragonpilot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:55 am

Is Faux Mirage a thing this year? The last time I saw them was 2014, but I looked at the 2014 events guide and they were not listed...maybe they aren't a them camp, but OMG...what a show!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

bigbluedoggy

Post by bigbluedoggy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 pm

dragonpilot wrote:Is Faux Mirage a thing this year? The last time I saw them was 2014, but I looked at the 2014 events guide and they were not listed...maybe they aren't a them camp, but OMG...what a show!
They use a different name each year and fly under the radar. They were there last year and I imagine they will be there again this year. Figuring out where they are is half the fun. They prefer not to publicly announce their activities and leave it to chance and word of mouth. Good luck!

dragonpilot

Post by dragonpilot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:44 pm

bigbluedoggy wrote:
dragonpilot wrote:Is Faux Mirage a thing this year? The last time I saw them was 2014, but I looked at the 2014 events guide and they were not listed...maybe they aren't a them camp, but OMG...what a show!
They use a different name each year and fly under the radar. They were there last year and I imagine they will be there again this year. Figuring out where they are is half the fun. They prefer not to publicly announce their activities and leave it to chance and word of mouth. Good luck!
I wonder what name they went under last year. I didn't see them in the WWW, so figured they took the year off. I'm guessing they register as a theme camp since they take up a lot of real estate. That doesn't mean that they must list themselves in the WWW, tho. Hmmmm...kinda like Pokemon Go finding them. Looking for two big water tankers.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

dragonpilot

Post by dragonpilot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Opps! I think I found them. I won't divulge their name this year or location, tho...make ya's work for it. :D

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”