6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:37 pm

Alright, what camps (registered or otherwise) are planning on camping in the 5ish to 7ish range on the dial? We know you're out there, on ring road or tucked away behind Center Camp… Yes, we realize that placement is not announced until early July, and not all camps have filled out a placement questionnaire. Tell us about where you've requested, or where you're aiming to camp in the neighborhood if you're not a placed theme camp. This thread is for camps to announce their locations and intentions (not for recruiting, posting lineups and schedules, or other stuff you can tell us in your own camp thread)… tell us who you are, meet your neighbors!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: 6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby Ratty » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Well, let me be the first.....Our little camp of people who camp alone, together will be at 5:25 and H. If possible. We are all volunteering at different camps and all have different volunteer department jobs. I guess we are a different kind of camp. I'm making an effort to spruce the place up this year. Stop in and visit. Cheap beer in the cooler. Look for the 'ePlaya' signs.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 am

Hushville is five~ish, usually, and that is where you find me. The village spans two blocks, I'd be on the manside street (been E for the last few years). Usually right on the border, often near the No Spectators sign. If you can't find the Home for Wayward Art, you're on the wrong street.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

somebodys-mom
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp 511. We provide your traffic info

Postby somebodys-mom » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 am

I'm hoping Camp 511 will be somewhere in this area although I don't know exactly where. I'm hoping our camp is bigger this year, too. Half our members canceled due to the dust storms last year, the wimps. :mrgreen:
Beware of inviting trouble. It usually accepts.

xdwingdx
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Zen as Fuck

Postby xdwingdx » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Zen as Fuck is hoping to be back in the 6 region. last year we were at Rod's Road, next to the lamp lighters, Tesla Camp, and the newspaper folk. Rods road is like the bermuda triangle... everyone gets lost and disappears. It's great.

Your pal,

Puddles

The Rat Lady
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC DoA/ Mobility Camp

Postby The Rat Lady » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

MOBILITY CAMP will be back!
Somewhere around 7:30 in the Center Camp plaza.

We will be providing our Art Tours (Wheelchair accessible) 4 times a day
Accessible camping
Public charging station for Medical equipment
And of course our loaning out of Wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, Knee Scooters,a limited number of Braces.

So...if you run across a wheelchair at a yard sale, that has footrests, grab it! Bring it to the burn and drop it off at our camp:)
Same applies for Knee scooters, clean knee braces, wrist braces and any bike trailers, buddy systems for towing a wheelchair,any bikes set up for one able bodied, one mobility impaired.

We Will have a couple of obstacle courses, a workshop on Wednesday at noon, and our Book Crossing Zone, Temporary Tattoo station, and Gifting Box as usual.
We are working on some new experiences for the able bodied folks as well.

As for most camps this year, not all of our important people got tickets, We especially need a Vehicle pass for our Mechanic, and two tickets and a vehicle pass for our Prosthetist (The folks that keep our Braces and artificial limbs working!) we have about 6 other camp members in need as well, so if ya have some folks whose plans change, our crew would be happy to pay face value, plus any fees accrued. Thanks:)

Can't wait to see everyone in the dust!!!

Rat Lady
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx

eggchairsteve
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: EGGS Bar

Postby eggchairsteve » Tue May 10, 2016 5:10 pm

The triumphant return of EGGS Bar 2016 is planning on inner center camp, or possibly Rod's Road

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Wed May 11, 2016 6:40 am

Eggchair seems like an eternal bit in my collective Burning memory over the years.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Wed May 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Woohoo for EGGS bar!!!

eggchairsteve
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: EGGS Bar

Postby eggchairsteve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am

EGGS Bar 2016 placement is 8:00 on the Center Camp Plaza!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:23 pm

BRC Weekly is at 6:30 & Esplanade - (basically somewhere on the 6:30/ Rod's Road/ Esplanade intersection). Paper Distribution Engineers are welcome to stop by and pick up a bunch to deliver, or just hang out and bullshit with a group of crusty old-timers.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby pink » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:18 am

Retrofrolic is E & 6:45.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Photo by Steve Schwartz via the Burning Man Blog

As always, the Lamplighters are in Center Camp. Our workspace for preparing for the lamplighting procession is at 5:30 and the Inner Plaza of Center Camp, and our huge bar lounge is along the 5:30 and Rod's Road frontage.

We need your help to light the city every night, and anyone can be a lamplighter! See our thread to learn more: https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?f=468&t=77616

No need to sign up ahead of time, just come by any afternoon before 5pm. The bar lounge is open during non-lamplighting hours, with daily themed parties starting at 3pm.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Postby Papa Bear » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:03 pm

The HeeBeeGeeBee Healers have been placed at 6:00 & E.

Roundabout
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Postby Roundabout » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 pm

The Playa Choir will be at about the 7:30 mark on the 6:00 Plaza!

Does anyone in the hive happen to know what the diameter of this year's 6:00 Plaza is? I am working on our camp map in Sketchup and it is hard to outline our space without knowing the size of the plaza. I know last year's size, but from what I can figure, it looks like they have enlarged it for 2016. Thanks.
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

cosmicopia
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Cosmicopia

Postby cosmicopia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi, we are the Cosmicopia camp at 5:45 and H. We've been around since 2010 and offer astrology readings, healing arts, theatre performances and much more. Our website is here http://www.cosmicopia.org. Come visit!

islandkat
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Storytelling Camp

Postby islandkat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

We are Storytelling Camp!

And we've been assigned placement near 5:45 and D... hurray!!

We are a small camp with big magical happenings....Handmade fantastic yurts hold regular nightly storytelling times (times will be posted on chalkboard by the rocking chair!), where Burners come to sit in circle, have some beverage and relaxation upon comfy blankets and pillows, perhaps be enchanted by flute or drums.....and hear or tell their most magical life happenings or their most cherished legend and myth. In years past, the most stunning stories have been heard in these fabric walls! And now we are an official camp, woo hoo!!

Come one and all =) And there may be extra art placed about, "extra" left from our playa installation "Axis Mundi" (see the art threads for that).

Exciting times a'comin' !

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:29 am

Very cool and sounds delightful ^^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

islandkat

Postby islandkat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 am

lucky420 wrote:Very cool and sounds delightful ^^^

Thanks lucky420! Dusty hugs :D

The Rat Lady

Postby The Rat Lady » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:41 am

Are your yurts accessible? We try to keep a list of accessible activities:)

Rat Lady
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 am

Islandkat, I love your yurt. Your theme sounds lovely. I'm a bit disappointed. I read it wrong. Would have been great if it was 'Story YELLING' . Maybe you could do that just once? Just to see how it goes? I'll come and yell a short story.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

islandkat

Postby islandkat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:50 pm

The Rat Lady wrote:Are your yurts accessible? We try to keep a list of accessible activities:)

Rat Lady

Thanks for asking! 8) ... The yurts are accessible when we are there, and that is where we hold daily "Storytelling Hours" and just general socializing! We have the rocking chair out front, and the german gentleman in the pic often plops in the rocker waving passersby in with a grin or a song or other antics....

When we are out and about we tie up the yurts as temporarily closed, and we have a chalkboard out front showing next opening time that afternoon or evening.
(We are also an art support camp, attending to an installation.)

Even in the morns, people who were at a storytelling time in the previous evenings often stop by to share coffee and tea, and we welcome that! It's the burning fun of being there!

Does that help?

Ratty wrote:Islandkat, I love your yurt. Your theme sounds lovely. I'm a bit disappointed. I read it wrong. Would have been great if it was 'Story YELLING' . Maybe you could do that just once? Just to see how it goes? I'll come and yell a short story.

Hahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That is good! We are going to have to try a session or two of that....instead of the grin and howdies to call people in, we should just yell out a story or limerick! I love it !! :lol: :lol:

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:10 pm

islandkat wrote:
The Rat Lady wrote:Are your yurts accessible? We try to keep a list of accessible activities:)

Rat Lady

... The yurts are accessible when we are there, and that is where we hold daily "Storytelling Hours" and just general socializing! ...

Islandkat, I just want to clarify because your response was unclear: Rat Lady runs a camp in Center Camp that helps participants who might need extra mobility help in exploring the playa and the city. She is specifically asking if the yurts are accessible to people using mobility devices such as wheelchairs. Consider the width of the doorway, the presence of any incline in the path to/through the yurt, and the turning radius inside the yurts.

I love the idea of your camp, and the photo looks very welcoming. I'm camped nearby with Lamplighters and so will try to come visit!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

islandkat

Postby islandkat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:29 am

BoyScoutGirl wrote:Islandkat, I just want to clarify because your response was unclear: Rat Lady... is specifically asking if the yurts are accessible to people using mobility devices such as wheelchairs. Consider the width of the doorway, the presence of any incline in the path to/through the yurt, and the turning radius inside the yurts.

Oh silly me!! I was not cluing into *handicap* accessible :oops: ....

Well, in the photo, the "fly" to the doorway is tied shut right behind the standing gentleman, and at the ground level you can see the pvc pipe that is part of the frame of the yurt. I'd think that pipe makes it tough to access, though we could probably bring some heavy-duty plywood for a little ramp in and out, or a ramp to "rock" over that pipe. Let me see what we can do. Certainly if the party got big enough we'd be in the camp space outside the yurts (behind the pictured yurt) anyway, and if someone could not access the interior of the yurt, we'd just "move the party" to the areas *in between* the yurts (there is more than one of these colorful yurts). And I do think the doorway is plenty wide. I'll try to get a measurement, but that will take a bit.

Does that help?

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:00 am

Rat Lady

Come by Dye with Dignity and tye dye a silk scarf. Our monkey hut is huge and accessible. If somethings in the way, we'll move it. Big dye day is Monday at 1 and if there's a line we'll get those who need it out of the sun too. If you miss our dye day we're doing sno cones and margaritas daily from 2-4:30.

2:45 & C
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

The Rat Lady

Postby The Rat Lady » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks all for thinking about us "Gimps:)" (and yes, that's one of those politically incorrect words)
If you have any questions about accessibility, check out the "How to Be Wheelchair Friendly"http://www.mobilitycamp.org/?page_id=61 page on our website. If you still have questions, please contact us, up until the 18th.

Radical Inclusion by Radical Accessibility!

If you have an Accessible activity or volunteer opportunity, please stop by Camp (Center Camp Plaza 7:30) and tell us, so we can add it to our boards:) That way, the whole city can come by and find you!

Rat Lady
Groucho Marx

islandkat

Postby islandkat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:16 pm

The Rat Lady wrote:
Radical Inclusion by Radical Accessibility!

Rat Lady

Love this quote! For us, should be easy. I'll definitely update you. Best!

Lost Coyote
Burning Since: 1996

Postby Lost Coyote » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Play with Ken and Barbie camp will be at 6th and E.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Postby Just_Joe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 am

Only one or two ABC blocks this year.
Otherwise, just Joe.
6:15 D -- facing Rod's Road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”