7:30 Neighborhood Camps

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: 7:30 Neighborhood Camps

Postby Skuzzy61 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Barbie Death Village is at 6:30 and E stretching to G, and on to 6:45. Exact same spot as last year. So I guess this should be in the 6:00 Neighborhood Camps thread? No matter, you guys will manage to find us somehow.

Bah, putting it in the 6:00 post would be too predictable. Putting it in the 7:30 seems to set the tone better for what to expect. :)
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

Captain Who
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Mudskippers

Re: Settle This Like Men/Make Good Choices

Postby Captain Who » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 am

uncle sticky wrote:Camp Settle This Like Men, in Cahoots with Camp Make Good Choices, is at D &, 7:30. Come and get your beatings! Workouts every morning starting at 9 a.m., Jiu Jitsu Classes and Open Mat at 11;00. Afternoons will be more shenanigans with Rocktails, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Full Contact Facepunching(kicking), Morrissey Sadness Hour, and Muay Thai in the afternoons.

This is awesome! Do you have a schedule posted? I will bring a couple sets of old wraps and an old pair of gloves. So glad we're so close!

Captain Who

Postby Captain Who » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:40 am

Elderberry wrote:
Chowski wrote:Allow me to answer my questions. Yes, they are still sending out emails, so don't panic if you haven't heard yet. We are placed at B and 7:45, calling ourselves It's All Fun and Gaymes, featuring oversized lawn games, a tower, a bar, a dance floor.

To answer my other question: yes, they send out denial emails - our neighbors from last year got one this morning. Sad face.

And finally, we will be set up, drinking champagne in the shade by the time the RVs of Brigittes and Estebans, Giselas and Pierres start rolling through Gate on Sunday. Woohoo!

Haha So are we! :) Hi, neighbor!!!

Elderberry, I challenge you to an oversized lawn game!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Captain Who wrote:
Elderberry wrote:
Chowski wrote:Allow me to answer my questions. Yes, they are still sending out emails, so don't panic if you haven't heard yet. We are placed at B and 7:45, calling ourselves It's All Fun and Gaymes, featuring oversized lawn games, a tower, a bar, a dance floor.

To answer my other question: yes, they send out denial emails - our neighbors from last year got one this morning. Sad face.

And finally, we will be set up, drinking champagne in the shade by the time the RVs of Brigittes and Estebans, Giselas and Pierres start rolling through Gate on Sunday. Woohoo!

Haha So are we! :) Hi, neighbor!!!

Elderberry, I challenge you to an oversized lawn game!

Ha! Sounds like a plan. :shock: :lol:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

uncle sticky

Re: Settle This Like Men/Make Good Choices

Postby uncle sticky » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Captain Who wrote:
uncle sticky wrote:Camp Settle This Like Men, in Cahoots with Camp Make Good Choices, is at D &, 7:30. Come and get your beatings! Workouts every morning starting at 9 a.m., Jiu Jitsu Classes and Open Mat at 11;00. Afternoons will be more shenanigans with Rocktails, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Full Contact Facepunching(kicking), Morrissey Sadness Hour, and Muay Thai in the afternoons.

This is awesome! Do you have a schedule posted? I will bring a couple sets of old wraps and an old pair of gloves. So glad we're so close!

Face-Punching Head-Kicking Arm Barring Good Times Come and participate in our Kinetic Dispute Resolution Workshops. Learn to use your hands, not your words when confronted with a difficult problem. Jiu Jitsu, Muy Thai, MMA, wrestling, whatever tickles your fancy. Enjoy classes in grappling, striking, take downs, then use those new found skills to explain your position in a more, erm, direct manner. Explain how the evap pond works to that guy who thinks it's a urinal in a way he won't see forget. Demonstrate that No means No aren't just words! Fight for status and win the love of that Sparkle Pony!
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, September 2nd, 2016 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Rolling in the Dust! Jitz Fix! Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on the Playa! Join us on our big white mat and learn to use your hands not your words! Choke your friends, destroy your enemies! Demonstrate that No means No aren't just words. Fight for status and win the love of that Sparkle Pony. We will have both gi (some loaners, bring your own), and no-gi options. Instruction, as well as open mat.
Monday, August 29th, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Friday, September 2nd, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The handbasket to hell is leaving. Hop in world!

fresh
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby fresh » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am

The Black Rock Roller Disco again will be in this sector for yet another year!!! We will be at 7:00 and Esplanade. Come get your roll on open a near 20 hours a day!
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot

doktarspazz
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Freestyle Palace

Postby doktarspazz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:45 pm

FreeStyle Palace will be in the neighborhood! come out to 6:45/Esplanade for live music jamming, hip-hop performances, dance parties, and the BALL PIT.

Capn-Joe1945
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Capn-Joe1945 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:32 pm

What is the name assigned to E this year?

gerflash
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cartoon Commune (Green Reflections)

Postby gerflash » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Would you believe that 6:30 is still in the 7:30 naborhood? It IS! Pepperland theme camp is located at 6:30 and Effigiare. It's our 9th year or so, though we were named "Cartoon Commune" for the last 8 (remember us?) Got most of the same 250 hours(!) of activities/events/entertainment as in the past, but with several new deals as well! See us at our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/198208360209399/
and also check out our postings on the 7:30 sector's FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BurningMan730Sector/

One activity we want to publicize especially is our TOASTMASTERS meeting. Really!
Calling all Toastmasters! We’re doing it again: Pepperland (6:30/E) is having a real Toastmasters meeting for the fourth year in a row.
It’s 1 to 2 PM on Tuesday.
If you are a Toastmaster already, bring your CL manual and whatever speech manual you like, and get credit for any role you take on.
Let us know in advance what you want to do; the roles will fill up!
If you have no idea what we’re talking about, then you may want to see and live this great hour even more!
“People who get into Toastmasters to get everything they can out of Toastmasters - never get out of Toastmasters!”

Mini
Burning Since: 1987
Camp Name: Stories of MIR

Postby Mini » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 am

Dear friends!

The Stories of MIR camp (Italic & 7:45) is bringing traditional Russian banya to Playa!
We are building a 15 ft geodome made of exotic felt to Black Rock Desert, staffed with 6 experienced steammasters who will take care of your heart, body & soul. The banya will introduce our knowledge and culture of steam healing and will become a living classroom, teaching this unique practice and exploring the ways of steam, sound and plants!

Support us & join us this year at the Burning Man: https://www.facebook.com/steamology2/

The Banya will be located in Stories of MIR camp, Italic 7:45. Banya & Tea Herbal Club are opened every day from 3pm till 9pm.
Welcome everybody! Hugs & Steam!

)'(

glitterpetal723
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Taste of Childhood

Postby glitterpetal723 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:30 pm

Hiiii!

Our Taste of Childhood mobile camp plans on camping on 7:30 and H. We camped at 5 and I last year which was cool but wanted to try out other locations.

The basic idea of our camp is to bring back memories of childhood through our taste buds. Last year, we did Kool Aid, reminiscent of American childhood. This year, we are looking to add a few more childhoods. There's talks of Ukrainian and Guatemalan childhoods! Our camp events are mobile and we serve drinks and snacks from our bike baskets. We also have an amazing artist that will be joining our camp so stay tuned for more information on our art studio events. We might have a trailer with an art exhibit/workshop so come by to say hi!

Check us out on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/503792793115968/

xoxo,
Mrs. Hamster

Captain Who

Postby Captain Who » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Looks like the Mudskippers are ready to rock and roll with our events! Dance parties, workshops, a trans discussion group, craft lounge, and so much more. I can't wait!

Crack is Whack: a 2 hour Whitney Houston tribute party https://www.facebook.com/events/1209465219077664/ By far our most popular dance party!

Urban Decay Disco Inferno: 2 hours of killer disco beats with a 30 minute lesson beforehand to teach The Hustle: https://www.facebook.com/events/1801816190038162/ This is destined to be a playa favorite!

And of course, M-F, 12-4 our cafe is open serving REAL fruit smoothies! So stop in, sit down, and let our wait staff hook it up! You may have to wait for a seat if you don't get there early, but you can get your nails done while you wait!

We have a nail salon T-F, 12-4. There's a Tribal Beauty Bar on Wednesday, 11-5pm for some serious makeup work by our pros! Plan B dance party on Wednesday 9-11pm (because your plan A will likely not work out and you'd rather listen to Britney, Beyonce and the Backstreet Boys anyway). Coffee Appreciation workshop on Tuesday, 9-11am. Portrait studio, Story SLAM, belly dancing class, Capture the (Glowing) Flag. Everything should be in the book. Come visit us at B & 7:45!

dancingfairygirl
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: BeeCharge!

Postby dancingfairygirl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 pm

BeeCharge will be at 7:45 & Cosimo

Join us for our Pastie Making Party on Tuesday at noon, where we will also have Live Band Karaoke!

And our annual LiBEEto party is on Weds from 2-6. We will be serving delicious honey mojitos, booty shaking tunes and lots of bee-shenanigans. Dress up in your black & yellow, and join us as we SWARM the man at 6pm.

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”