Minstrel CrAMP - Cajun music

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
rblazer
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Minstrel CrAMP

Minstrel CrAMP - Cajun music

Postby rblazer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:14 pm

My camp is looking for Cajun musicians --- wanna camp with us or just stop by?
Reply to this and we'll go from there!

rblazer
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Minstrel CrAMP

Minstrel CrAMP looking for Musicians, Campers

Postby rblazer » Thu May 19, 2016 7:32 pm

MINSTREL CrAMP is a largely acoustic music themed camp in the 6:00 neighborhood with a 20' x30' performance tent, an acoustic piano, solar powered sound system with mic's, amps, monitors etc A full drum kit, and a variety of available musical instruments. We do daily workshops and performances Tue.–Sat.. We’re looking for a few more musicians and camp members to camp with us. Cheers!

2chaparro8
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Minstrel Cramp

Re: Minstrel CrAMP - Cajun music

Postby 2chaparro8 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:42 pm

I am trying to contact the piano tuner for Minstrel Cramp - I enjoyed so much hanging out with you guys playing Mozart and Chopin - I even enjoyed listening to the tuning in the morning! - it was agreed I could camp with you in '17 and I want to contact and talk about what's involved - please send info to Steve at the following e-mail, okay? - cozzy2424@gmail.com - would love to hear from you! - I am Steve Arntson - I didn't do a very good job of getting contact information - I think I have an e-mail somewhere - I believe the tuner's name was Greg (Chris?) - his daughter is going to medical school - lol

Steve (wildcat2)

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Re: Minstrel CrAMP - Cajun music

Postby Elliot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:45 am

If I may toss in a vaguely relevant anecdote here....

Around middle of the week last year, someone came into our bicycle repair shop and borrowed a small socket and vice-grip pliers.
He clamped the 1/4" drive socket in the vice-grips and used this makeshift tuning lever to tune our piano. (1/4" being a tolerable fit on the tuning pins.) Then he vanished into the Dust again.

Only at Burning Man. :D
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Healing Arts, Body Paint & Piano Bar
Cell-Phone-Free & Non-Smoking in 2018!

-----Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude! -----

http://www.elliotsbikes.org

Awesome? Yes, Ma'am, we do awesome.

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”