Flying Falafels camp Looking to get adopted :)

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
kwabi73
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Flying Falafels

Flying Falafels camp Looking to get adopted :)

Post by kwabi73 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:10 am

Hello :)
We are not going to get placement this year and are looking to get adopted by another theme camp.The process is easy and won't affect your SQ footage /EA passes in any negative way(have already confirmed with the placement team).Please help us out-most of us are coming from abroad and running a theme camp isn't easy as you know.Our camp is called Flying Falafels,and we have a yearly Falafel event along with music and more,we have been running for a few years now, we consist of 25 burners every year, (from all over the world)and are willing to help you if you need. We have a clean moop record from past years.If you are willing to consider this collaboration we are happy to share our water arrangements with you (I'll give you up to 200 gallons-delivered :)).Please PM me for more info. Bam Bam.
https://www.facebook.com/flyingfalafels ... f=settings

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Looking to get adopted :)

Post by Token » Fri May 13, 2016 2:29 pm

You should really change the title of your post.

"Theme Camp looking to co-locate space" or "Small Theme Camp looking to team up with Village" or somesuch.

"Looking to get adopted" sounds like a sparkle pony, "i don't have my shit together", "looking to mooch off your infrastructure" type of post that is both annoying and dime-a-dozen on the boards.

You guys seem to have your shit together.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Fri May 13, 2016 2:30 pm

What do you want from another camp?
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Token wrote:You should really change the title of your post.

"Theme Camp looking to co-locate space" or "Small Theme Camp looking to team up with Village" or somesuch.

"Looking to get adopted" sounds like a sparkle pony, "i don't have my shit together", "looking to mooch off your infrastructure" type of post that is both annoying and dime-a-dozen on the boards.

You guys seem to have your shit together.
Excellent point. I really thought this thread was going to be a first-timer begging for a camp.

kwabi73, if you'd like me to edit your subject line to ""Small Theme Camp looking to team up with Village" or similar, so you can more easily attract the sort of collaboration you're looking for, let me know.
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Dr Dilemma
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Post by Dr Dilemma » Fri May 13, 2016 3:32 pm

You know that there is nothing wrong with a camp that comes in after gates opens and finds a spot to set up. Our camp did this the first couple of years we went. We would tell folks the general area / street we were going to look for space and to come find us when they arrived. Heck, with that damn cell tower up now you could even get a text or email out saying where you'd set up. Things may be somewhat different than when we weren't placed, but I would imagine it's still doable.

The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Wed May 18, 2016 3:05 pm

kwabi73 wrote:Hello :)
We are not going to get placement this year and are looking to get adopted by another theme camp.The process is easy and won't affect your SQ footage /EA passes in any negative way(have already confirmed with the placement team).....we have a yearly Falafel event along with music and more,we have been running for a few years now, we consist of 25 burners every year...
I'm confused by this.
How do 25 people, kitchen facilities, and some kind of music (Stage/sound/lights?) not impact the space of a camp bringing them in?
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

kwabi73
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Flying Falafels

Post by kwabi73 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Ya'll right :).Should have named this post a bit differently.
So lets start with the fact we found a way to join a small village named- "The Yard", so the trauma is sort of over.
Come visit us in tokyo town :))).

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”