Camp Graceland is interested in new members!

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
Giraffe1970
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Graceland

Camp Graceland: Still looking for a camp? Look no further!

Post by Giraffe1970 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Camp Graceland Home of Original Mother Fucking Underground Heroes or OMFUGH is accepting new members. We are located at 9 25 and I. Most of us are well seasoned Burners from other camps and are now in our second year as Camp Graceland OMFUGH. We are looking for people to help us grow it out. OMFUGH is about Anonymous Random Acts Of Kindness. We are centered on the 10 principles. Radical Self Reliance being a big part. We are a fairly small group of laid back, fun, happy Burners. We create a happy safe environment in camp and let loose on the Playa. We provide, Showers, community indoor lounge space, community outdoor lounge space, and community kitchen. We are looking for people who can bring their own Shade (prefered- Costco Carport Canopy or Monkey Hut) Water, food and creativity to camp. We take turn making community meals once a day. We are considering taking 2-6 like minded Burners who would make a good fit and bring big love to the Playa. If this is you, please message me,
Thanks
Giraffe )'(

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Still looking for a camp? Look no further!

Post by Eric » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 pm

I've moved this over to " 2015 Camps, Art & Activities" as it's a better fit
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

puravidamia
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Camp Graceland: Still looking for a camp? Look no furthe

Post by puravidamia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi Camp Graceland! My name is Lauren (28), my partner Dan (32) and I have just secured last min tickets and are now looking for a camp of new best friends to share space with. Please let me know if you have room for our shared tent and what what you are looking for in a camp member and hopefully it's a fit! We're flying in from NY with large instruments so we can't bring too much with us but we will be self reliant and contribute however we can. A kitchen setup is the main thing we are looking for in a camp (I gift the best breakfasts!), and evaporation ponds for solar showers are sweet! This will be our 3rd burn in a row and we've been living the playa lifestyle year round as professional musicians. We come bearing gifts of rhythm and song! 9:25 sounds like a good location as we facilitate the Red Lightning Sunset Celebration drum circle every sunset at 8:30 & Esp. And practicing more Anonymous Random Acts of Kindness sounds like a great way to expand our playa experience!

We also have some friends in an RV who are looking for some cool people to join up with...

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Lauren
)*(

P.S. Love the name! We regularly perform with Bakithi Kumalo (bassist) from the original Paul Simon Graceland album ;)

Islamapaddy
Camp Name: Celtic Chaos

Post by Islamapaddy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 am

Hi, second burn and keen for a new camp. Can you send me the finer details etc? keen to contribute :-) cheers

carcallaghan
Burning Since: 2015

Post by carcallaghan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Camp Graceland! My name is Caroline, I'm a 19 year old virgin burner from the bay area going to my first burn with my boyfriend Lodo (19) and our friend Hannah (19). We're looking for a camp where all 3 of us can stay. We've built our own geodesic dome that we'd love to share with the camp, and we're more than willing to help out with any food and water and other work to be done! I'm really interested in being a part of your camp and I'd love to know more about it. Please message me if there's still space in your camp, I'd be incredibly grateful to join!!!

Jon_MFD

Post by Jon_MFD » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

Hi! My camp had camp collapse disorder due to not enough people getting tickets. I got one last minute. Happen to have any room left? I'm a 36 yr old male Non Virgin, specialized branch of mechanical engineering for state university so pretty good with tools. Work as a night club DJ/Lighting Tech by weekend nights. I know how to cook, weld, clean up MOOP, and give Hi5s! Will be on playa from Monday to Monday. I also will have adult beverages and like to share :D If any room left, I would love to join, please PM.
Last edited by Jon_MFD on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

fosterandbronze
Burning Since: 2015

Post by fosterandbronze » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:46 am

carcallaghan wrote:Hi Camp Graceland! My name is Caroline, I'm a 19 year old virgin burner from the bay area going to my first burn with my boyfriend Lodo (19) and our friend Hannah (19). We're looking for a camp where all 3 of us can stay. We've built our own geodesic dome that we'd love to share with the camp, and we're more than willing to help out with any food and water and other work to be done! I'm really interested in being a part of your camp and I'd love to know more about it. Please message me if there's still space in your camp, I'd be incredibly grateful to join!!!
I am a 20 year old female virgin burner arriving wednesday I wondered if you had found a camp because I too am looking! I am kind of second guessing going solo...

MaxVallejo
Burning Since: 2008

Camp Graceland is interested in new members!

Post by MaxVallejo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 am

Hello all, Camp Graceland- OMFUGH is looking for people interested in camping with us! Our space is rather large this year and we are looking to welcome in new members. Our theme is loosely Elvis-based and places an emphasis on “random acts of kindness.” Veterans, Virgins and all others are welcome.

Our camp has been placed this year at 845 and B. We provide a communal kitchen with camp stoves, propane and all cooking accessories, communal fire pit, multiple showers on an evapatron, 30 ft. chill out lounge with a generator run-AC and shade, several camp DJ’s and 3 events during the week, including: peach smoothies, Elvis pb&j shots, free Tecate Tuesday and Bloody Mary Saturday.

Dues are minimal and go to cover alcohol give-a-ways, food for theme events and general camp expenses. There are no duties, although we encourage every camper to help out with what they can and if possible, make one meal for the entire camp (typically 20-25 people) one day.

We are an established camp with members who have been over 10 times all the way to virgins. Ages range from 27-50 years old and our camp has people from all over the world, with a good portion residing in San Diego, Los Angeles and the Bay Area. We pride ourselves on leaving no trace, and recommend the use of Carports as shade structures to create a uniform look in camp.

If you are interested in learning about running a camp at Burning Man, want to get involved with a theme camp for the next few years, want to help with the set up and logistics of a camp or just want to camp with a smaller theme camp where you can get to know everyone please contact me.

Burn on...........

Don Shestko

Re: Camp Graceland is interested in new members!

Post by Don Shestko » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Max
Your camp sounds interesting...
I'm Don Shestko (Blue Dot), and I got two tickets in the OMG sale, so I and my daughter are going to Burning Man this year. I am 55 and Sasha is 29 years old. We were at the 2014 burn with my wife, and we have done two Flip Side Burns in Texas. This is the first time we have tried to join a theme camp. We are interested to learn how theme camps work are are happy to volunteer time and money toward success. Our footprint this year will be smallish because we are trying a Hexayert - last time we were in our RV.
Let me know if you are still accepting members, and we can talk further.
Blue Dot

Killahkillah04
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Killahkillah04 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi,
My boyfriend and I are looking for a camp of laid-back, fun people to call home on the playa. This will be our second burn, our first being in 2014. We both like to use our hands and help out whenever possible. We are willing to help out with camp setup/teardown, working shifts during the week, or with food prep. I am also Servsafe Certified if you would like to give out food. Do you still have space available in your camp? Thanks!

cmiller404
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Need a camp

Post by cmiller404 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:44 am

Hello Fellow Burners,

I am a first time Burner and I am going solo. I am a 40 year old female. I think it is important that I find myself a group and a camp. Can someone please help me. I am willing to join one if I can get information on what to do. You can get ahold of me by text at 574-340-5350 or e-mail at cmiller404@ivytech.edu or facebook here is my facebook info:

Candy Johnson
(Candice Johnson-Miller)

(574) 340-5350

Tampa, FL, United States

angels4aliens@yahoo.com

http://facebook.com/angelfallenonearth

Candy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cmiller404
Camp Name: Need a camp

Post by cmiller404 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:09 pm

[quote="cmiller404"]Hello Fellow Burners,

I am a first time Burner and I am going solo. I am a 40 year old female. I think it is important that I find myself a group and a camp. Can someone please help me. I am willing to join one if I can get information on what to do.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:39 pm

See that little word-bubble button below the person's nickname on the right next to the word "Contact". Try clicking that and sending a private message. The Graceland poster may not be looking at this post.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

MaxVallejo
Burning Since: 2008

Post by MaxVallejo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Sorry for the delay, I was not checking this board, only my private messages. Everyone should have a PM reply waiting for them now. Thanks!

Lewiscw11
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Lewiscw11 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:06 am

We are from SF but a mixed group of Brazilian, Italian, California native and other folks (about 6-8) looking for a camp. Sounds like you have many replies but if you still have space please let me know and I can give you a call and talk more about how we can contribute to a great experience! Peace - Charlie

ajpbm

Post by ajpbm » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 am

Hi there,

We have a group of three here - all guys (two from SF, and one from Chicago) - but what we're lacking in female anatomy we more than make up with heart and chill ass vibes! We have a decent-sized car port that we're planning on bringing to use as a shade structure, and are more than willing to help out wherever necessary. We're coming for the party, and leaving it all out on the playa. Let me know if we sound like a good fit to you!

Thanks!

-Alex

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”