People Seeking Camps 2016

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
FlakkityFlak
Burning Since: 2016

Re: Theme camps open for participants?

Post by FlakkityFlak » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi Funnel Girl! I'm attending this year for my first time a girlfriend of mine who attended two years ago. With are with RV and looking for a camp. Are you with Tiki?

cranberries
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Hibernaculum

Re: Basic Camp Understanding

Post by cranberries » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:27 pm

eldergeekaz wrote:I'm of that mindset too. Camp with others that are Radically Self Reliant.

Or to put it another way. Self sufficient campers forming a camp.
That's how I camped last year (my first year) and I really liked it. It was a group of about 20 people who were all friends/friends-of-friends with everyone else, some had camped together before and some of us were new to the camp. We had an informal name among ourselves but no sign :). I slept in my own tent, we had a mix of tents and trailers sleeping 1-2 people. We had a common shade structure with couches, a communal food prep area with a couple of stoves, and a couple of shower areas that people could hook their personal shower bags to. Some of us went in together on water/ice/coolers, others were completely solo. No camp fees, no organized meals (although there always seemed to be more coffee in the morning than anyone could drink and lots of communal snacks).

My personal mission last year, as a virgin, was to have the option to do whatever I wanted and to say yes to anything whenever I wanted. I did have a couple of volunteer shifts but was unscheduled outside that, and TBH having to keep track of time/schedule commitments steered me away from an organized theme camp. Also, being able to camp with people I knew (and people vouched for as awesome by my friends) had a ton of appeal. Some people find the idea of camping with a zillion new strange friends a potentially super exciting adventure. I was drawn to camping with friends. Everyone's different :).

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:15 pm

eldergeekaz wrote:I'm of that mindset too. Camp with others that are Radically Self Reliant.

There are a few camps/villages that do this . . . i.e., band together socially, without any official amenities or obligations. Some collaboration on a shared group shade (under which no one camps, but people just hang out) . . . can be smart, though.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Savannah wrote:

There are a few camps/villages that do this . . . i.e., band together socially, without any official amenities or obligations. Some collaboration on a shared group shade (under which no one camps, but people just hang out) . . . can be smart, though.
Our fully official (and named and placed) theme camp is exactly this. Even though we all work under the umbrella of the paper, we're all independent units. There's 2-3 RVs, a bunch of tents, each of those units functions however the people sleeping in them want. We have a common shade structure, and we have a Staff Brunch on the final Sunday (ie: everyone brings out their leftovers or snacks they've kept hidden all week, and we share while chatting with passers-by), but no common kitchen, no common meals, nada. It's the only way I've camped since 2003, I love it.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

uly
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Theme camps open for participants?

Post by uly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:40 pm

Hey there! We're a bunch of people from Brazil working on an art installation and camping as an art support camp.

Last year we did Projeto Mangueira. This year we're going to reuse some of the stuff and create a musical experience!

We have received our confirmation recently, so we're still looking for members for our camp! For more information, PM me :)

OatmealMama
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Envy

Post by OatmealMama » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:56 am

So...

I just found out in the last few weeks that my schedule is going to allow me to make it to the burn. I haven't been to TTITD since 2010 when we showed up on a Wednesday, found some empty spots, and set up camp at 2:00/K.

This year, I can't make it until Thursday, and I'm bringing a sacrificial Birgin with me. I've seen pictures from the last few years and it appears that "empty" space within the city is getting more and more sparse. Should I even worry about it? Will we find a place to park/camp that late in the week? Walk-in camping will not be an option because we will be using our truck-bed tent.

Snark? Bring it.
2010 - Virgin Burn
2011 - Camp Envy
2012 - Camp Envy
2013 - Camp Envy
2014 - Camp Envy
2015 - Camp Envy
2016 - 88NV Airport Volunteer
2017 - Camp Envy (But looking for a ticket!)

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Eric wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Our fully official (and named and placed) theme camp is exactly this. Even though we all work under the umbrella of the paper, we're all independent units. There's 2-3 RVs, a bunch of tents, each of those units functions however the people sleeping in them want. We have a common shade structure, and we have a Staff Brunch on the final Sunday (ie: everyone brings out their leftovers or snacks they've kept hidden all week, and we share while chatting with passers-by), but no common kitchen, no common meals, nada. It's the only way I've camped since 2003, I love it.
I love this way of doing things, too. :)
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

EGAZ
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Keeping that Drama Lama at bay...... 8)
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:57 pm

OatmealMama wrote:So...

I just found out in the last few weeks that my schedule is going to allow me to make it to the burn. I haven't been to TTITD since 2010 when we showed up on a Wednesday, found some empty spots, and set up camp at 2:00/K.

This year, I can't make it until Thursday, and I'm bringing a sacrificial Birgin with me. I've seen pictures from the last few years and it appears that "empty" space within the city is getting more and more sparse. Should I even worry about it? Will we find a place to park/camp that late in the week? Walk-in camping will not be an option because we will be using our truck-bed tent.

Snark? Bring it.
There's always spots somewhere, usually on the outer rim someplace, or maybe further in if people start to leave early.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:03 am

Savannah wrote:

Hushville is much like this, although we have individually interactive camps aka Theme Camps Within a Village. We get placed within the village by the Flounders, and are given some of the perks as we earn them. Best of both worlds as far as I am concerned.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:32 am

Flounders? Bawhahahahah!!!!! Love it...
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

EGAZ
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Isn't Flounders the definition of 'Fish Otta Water"? LOL :mrgreen:
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

Revelation

3 guys from London in need of a camp

Post by Revelation » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Hello friends,

We're a group of 3 guys aged between 30-40 travelling from London, England.

This will be our first burn and cannot wait. We would love to join a camp as we understand it'll really help us contribute more, meet more people and enjoy the overall experience more.

We're really worried that we may have missed the boat as every camp we have contacted so far is full. Please do let us know if there any camps with spaces still.

We're more than happy to contribute with dues and super eager to contribute in any other ways required.

Many thanks!

Mansoon

Re: 3 guys from London in need of a camp

Post by Mansoon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:31 am

Saw your post. Sending you a pm :)

joetoon

Cartoonist, writer and all around great guy in need of camp!

Post by joetoon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Hello,
I am trying to find a camp to stay at this year. I am a cartoonist, maze artist, writer, performer and will do whatever else it takes!
45 year old male.
I may or may not have a friend with me, or I may just make a friend when I get there.
This is my 5th burn. I am very open minded and willing to draw on people with a sharpie.
I will be there the 31st-5th. I don't take up much space.
You can contact me directly if you have any questions or need more info on me.
Thanks!!!
Joe

floflow

Three Guys from Toronto in need of a camp.

Post by floflow » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello BUURNEEEERS,

we are 3 french guys from Toronto in our late twenties looking for a camp. Eager and excited to meet you All, we look forward to help out in any way in the camp that would have us.

Thank you! :)

rudymizrahi

Turkish/Mexican Solo Birgin looking for camp/friends and contribute!

Post by rudymizrahi » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello- hope all is well!

I will be joining Burning Man for the first time and I'm looking to see if there's a camp that is still looking for new members, I'm very excited for my first Burn and I;m eager to help in anything that is needed!

A little bit about me- I’m Turkish/Mexican and currently I’m living in Boston; working as a Financial Consultant. On my free time- I’m working with 2 of my friends on creating a start-up focusing on traveling and exploring the world. I enjoy music, dance, and all kinds of art.

Looking forward to hearing from you- Best,
Rudy Mizrahi Celekli

fourdirections

Any queer/queer friendly camps looking for camp mates?

Post by fourdirections » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Hey!

This will be my 5th Burn and my usual camp decided to take the year off. I decided it would be awesome to fly solo this year and branch out to meet some new people.

I'm self-sufficient, know what I'm doing, enjoy the party on the playa but am chill in camp. I'm arriving late this year - likely arriving Wednesday afternoon and departing Sunday after the Temple burn. I have a self contained little pod that has every thing I need, and I'll bring all my own food and water. Definitely happy to contribute supplies and help out around camp - whatever you need let me know. All I need is a piece of playa for my landing pad and some awesome people. I'm also in the Seattle area, if it matters.

PM me if this sounds good :)
Thanks.

neekchan

4 Singaporeans/Shanghainese looking for camp

Post by neekchan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 am

Hello,

We are a party of 4 virgin burners.
2 of us hail from Shanghai (they speak moderate english), 1 from Singapore and 1 from Turkey (both English speakers).

We're looking for a camp that would have a space for us, preferbly with some communal facilities like a shower and meals. We'd be happy to contribute to any fees or work that needs to be done!

Do contact me at neekchan@gmail.com :)

See you on the Playa!

anat
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: anat's love camp

Re: 4 Singaporeans/Shanghainese looking for camp

Post by anat » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 am

Hi Great guys

I am anat from Anat's Love Camp.
we would love to have you in our camp , it's great location 6;00 and public plaza at I
We have wonderful kitchen , fresh food , shower and nice people from all over the world .
I can tell you more info , call me any time 510-4146064
or face book Anat shamash or skype anat2be
I am in berkeley CA
Love to talk to you soon
Xoxo Anat

aleksia
Burning Since: 2020

3 French girls looking for a camp

Post by aleksia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Dear friends,

We're a group of 3 girls, 28 years old - one living in the Bay and 2 flying from Corsica.

This will be our first burn and would love to join a camp that we can contribute to, meet people and enjoy this lifetime experience.
We're really excited and eager to bring our contribution. Please reach out!

Many thanks and meet you soon,
Alexia

anat
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: anat's love camp

Re: 3 French girls looking for a camp

Post by anat » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Girls

It's Anat , I would love to have you in my camp Anat's Love Camp.
we have great location , kitchen , showe , fresh food, stage and dome for healing
call me any time 510-4146064 I am in Berkeley CA
Or email me anatomi@earthlink.net or anat shamash face book , or skype anat2be

love to talk to you soon
Xoxoxo love Anat

Tiame

1st timer, Zendo volunteer, looking for folks to join in with

Post by Tiame » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:26 am

Burning Man has been on my list for 16 years! Finally! I'll be volunteering with Zendo, psychedelic harm reduction team. I'm going on my own and would love to join in with a camp or others. I'm a young 58 year old student starting my PhD studies as CIIS the very week before Burning Man. I'm an artist with a calm, loving spirit and a passion for life! Anyone have any ideas about how to ease my first venture and help me understand how I may contribute??? Many thanks for your ideas! Tami

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: 1st timer, Zendo volunteer, looking for folks to join in with

Post by Ratty » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:27 am

Tiame, Welcome to ePlaya. We have mountains of info here. Take a spin around. Dive into the sections that interest you. It helps to read a lot before you arrive in the dust. There's still plenty of time to gear up and be ready. Hugs later.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:55 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

allstarsdjs

LOOKING FOR A CAMP TO JOIN

Post by allstarsdjs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:18 am

2 couples M 40+ F 30 + and 36 RV are looking to become a part of BM community for the first time
we are ( dj , engineer, yoga teacher , fantasist) fun , no stress and a lot friendliness :D

Magooey
Camp Name: Sun Guardians

New Burner 64 Female ISO a place to call home

Post by Magooey » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

First timer here. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and uncertain if I am prepared in every way with blurry eyes from reading about monkey huts, shade cloth, cooling methods, etc. While I'm not afraid - I have some anxiety related to "stuff" and being prepared. Burning Man, for me, will be a lesson in learning to accept help, as I am usually the one who gives it. I would love to find a welcoming group that does not mind if I am new.

About me:
-I have been an ER/Trauma nurse forever. Human behavior of all sorts does not upset me, as I've seen a lot and know what lies behind the facade. I see it every day and prefer the truth to the lie.
-I can feed myself or participate in communal food.
-I can help with projects. I've worked 12 hour shifts on my feet my whole life, so hard work does not scare me.
-I can also REST very well! I am a lifetime meditator, so maybe a camp on the quieter side would suit me best.
-I am a geek/gamer as well so do well with introverts (my free time persona) and extroverts (my work persona).
-On the practical side, I am an expert in foot care and will be bringing plenty of blister and foot care items along as my Burning Man skill.

Even if your group is full or not a match, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Magooey

toaster
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Sun Guardians

Re: Any queer/queer friendly camps looking for camp mates?

Post by toaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:06 pm

This is Toaster from Queer Burners.... I have Sun Guardians Village 2.oooooooommm this year and we are still looking for souls. Check out www.sunguardians.net for more information and how to register....
Toaster
San Francisco, CA

(Living life running with scissors in my hand, wearing a plastic helmet and teethe-guard)

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Tiame!

I'm also going to be volunteering at The Zendo this year. If you see me in my fluro pink, yellow and purple tutu at the training on Tuesday come say hi!

Other than that; welcome! :D

Lullaby

2 girls looking for a camp

Post by Lullaby » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi there !

We are 2 girls coming from Paris for the first time to Burning Man.
We love music, travelling, good cuisine, and of course, meeting new people and listening to their stories.

We have our vehicle and vehicle pass but we didn't manage to find a CAMP !

Please feel free to contact me if you have a camp still offering spots for friendly vounteers like us.

Take care and have a nice journey in life,

L + T

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”