People Seeking Camps 2016

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
dieulive
Burning Since: 2016

Seeking a camp & making new friends !

Post by dieulive » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi everyone!!

My name is Aymeric I am a 23 year old boy from France, I just got a ticket for the Burning Man and I am now seeking for a camp to join.

It is my first Burning Man but I camp very often with my friends .
I am a chill guy , very peaceful ,sociable and used to live in groups. I will contribute to the commons tasks for sure , I can cook and I am also very good with the DIY so I can help to repair the camp, bikes etc.
I have a tent and all the stuff to camp. I have also a Vehicle Pass but no car.

If you need more information about me, don’t hesitate ton contact me by MP.

Hope to find a camp and share some good times with new friends on the playa !

Thanks !

almar
Burning Since: 2015

Re: People Seeking Camps 2016

Post by almar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Hey, lovely burners!

Same as bud from previous post - seeking my camp too ...

just got green light for my 2nd burn aon the last minute -> this time visa issues was a show stopper actually. Now finally can start to look for the right camp to join. Its quite annoying, I know, but in the case someone was dropped off - I might get the luck ...

Originally from Kiev, UA. Spend in Germany last 6 years. Got two right hands. Have mech. engineering /physics/optics/ background and would love to help my potential camp in fixing all kinds of stuff. Btw: I'm good in baking cakes actually too. So heat up the oven :)

I will fly from Berlin to SFO on 25th Aug and than will be available for an action. Could not come any earlier this year :(

Warm hug,
Alex

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Almar good luck on your hunt for a camp. You have a ride to the event I hope. That's a whole different logistics problem.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

almar

Post by almar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:26 am

Hey Ratty, I have not solved yet my logistics how and when to get from SFO to BRC. So logistic still to be solved ;) When and from where are you actually going?

baronreginald

Post by baronreginald » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 am

Hi,

I am Reggie from NYC, and I will be venturing forth to BRC for the first time. Looking to join and contribute to a camp if any are seeking an additional member, thanks! Feel free to PM with any questions :)

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:02 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:09 pm

It's so funny. Everyone wants to "contribute". Bullshit, they want someone else to do the heavy lifting and provide for them!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:16 pm

A warm smile or some magical, other worldly properties. Free chakra alignments daily, or dish you up a big bowl of barely cooked, unseasoned steamed cauliflower and broccoli... Mmmmm.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

LeoOpenSourced

Post by LeoOpenSourced » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 am

Very cool man.

I'm a "newbie" east coaster looking to attend my first BM ever if I can pull it together super fast. I know people prep all year and I mean no disrespect to BM; I just want to learn from the best, since my life plan is literally to build a career based on fighting hate with disruptive and fun art based entirely on gift economy and riding the waves of Karma (give art and all content away free as a universal rule and work off donations). I've also been working on my survivalist and off-grid skills for 20 years now; I'm no expert welder, but I weld and solder and cut wood and metal and sew and paint and build houses and shelters; I'm also a pretty solid McGuyver. I built a real-life fire-breathing Trump-o-saurus rex that shoots laser beams from its eyes and drips real blood from its real laser sharp teeth (for artistic messaging not pure craziness; ps milking your own blood for art projects is very time consuming) last week from a recycled auto scrapyard hood for $20 and a freecycled propane grill just for fun completely unrelated to BM; I built myself an off-grid airconditioned popup 10x10 room from freecycled dacron sailcloth, some zippers and a gas generator and a freecycled broken air conditioner two weeks ago just to give myself a little workspace outside in the AC and to practice skills, and I was intending to buy a cheap RV and fix it up this year to travel the midwest and couchsurf/volunteer. I've also gone on weeklong tent-camping or canoe-camping trips and done a bunch of outward bound. Basically standard boy scout stuff minus the boyscouts. I'm a decent computer programmer and inventor too (I'm currently working on a pesticide free laser flyswatter). I play guitar bass drums piano saxophone and sing, I cook and also not that it matters for a week, but I also enjoy farming. I'm a professional teacher and have a masters in biomedical engineering and a dual bachelors in bio and in environmental law/policy from tufts and brandeis and believe people shouldn't be able to bring handguns home but on the flip side I completely seriously think people should be able to use rocket launchers and military lasers at gun ranges if they want to, just not at home. I'm a hippie libertarian and enjoy when others are having fun safely; I also enjoy sex drugs and rock n' roll myself, ideally all at the same time :)

Not showing off skillsets, I just wanted to demonstrate why I uniquely feel "worthy" to jump right in to BM at such a disrespectful last minute, and why I might be "strong" or "worthy" enough to hack it, and why I want to go this year and not next, to learn from the best as I begin my nice little quest for the next several years. I've been doing gift-economy since 1998 when I was ten years old and put full version art and software online as "donate-ware" based on the honor system and karma :)

-Leo
CEO@LifeOpenSourced.com - apologies btw for being the "CEO" of my anti-company, a 501c3 charity I'm setting up, no corporate ties ever, no profit motives ever, I just make art and give it away free and having an LLC provides me with stronger legal protection for more offensive art, like TrumpBlewUpTheTwinTowers.com which will be going live on september 11th purely for first amendment expression and art not profit - and if you want to help make the faux-conspiracy site or any other art, too, or if you want a free forwarding email or legal shielding for offensive art or for whatever purposes you like - hopefully art and antiestablishment activity - at LifeOpenSourced.com or at FSociety.today or FSocietyNow.com, message me. For what it's worth, my business cards don't say CEO, they say Professional Mad Scientist with a picture of me laughing madly. Poster "Jackass", if you want help with that potential lethality, I'm your man. I fully approve of dangerous fun and risking darwin awards in the name of learning and science. I also consider my job title of Chief Executive Anarchist (my actual job title) at my other "company" FSociety to be more worthy.

Anyway, if anyone has some camp connections, let me know so I can hopefully attend last minute! I'm happy to legitimately chip in EMT services, with teaching, learning, building and fixing, for myself or others, whether or not we are in a camp together and whether or not you have something to "barter" in turn - my services and friendship are always available to all for free, both at burning man and in life in general. I weld and sew and cook and can rig up air conditioning with generators and low power LED lightstrips or anything else you can imagine - give me a dremel and some scrap materials and I can make you just about anything you can imagine. I cut my working audi 4x4 apart literally with hacksaws and dremels in order to ArtCar it for fun and to see how it works, by replacing interior and some exterior panels with custom-shaped and laser-etched polycarbonate. This includes the dashboard, center console and nearly the entire driver seat assembly - my seat moves with the motors and such but it's all made of paperthin glass-like polycarbonate. I'm also an EMT and former med student I'm always down to save lives and to pool monetary and food and drug and other resources and chip in more than my share at BM - and in life. PM me or email me.

thalassa
Burning Since: 2006

Veteran burners looking for camp where we can contribute

Post by thalassa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 am

Burner friends - I didn't think I would be able to come this year, but my broken bone healed in time! I have never been quite this last minute before, but I am super excited for the spontaneity of it and to camp somewhere *totally new and unexpected*.

I would *love* a camp that is contributing something to the playa. Food service - we want to help (YES PLEASE), art installation - we would help man it and moop it after it burns (and help build your new art project next year!). Does your camp sing at the porta-potties in the morning as your service - we can't promise we would harmonize, but we would be there!!

This will be my 10th burn. We are low maintenance, high contributors, and have held leadership positions in small and large camps, including hosting our own theme camp one year. I have volunteered extensively with the BORG and helped design and build the "green" man pavilion in 2007. I have camped most often with Burners Without Borders (4 times, and helped with disaster relief in Peru) and Heart Tribe (3 times).

Also, I come with a box of costumes to share, from my costume design collective!

If you can share this with anyone you know that might have space for us, I would be ever so grateful. Xoxo

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Veteran burners looking for camp where we can contribute

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 am

thalassa wrote:Burner friends - I didn't think I would be able to come this year, but my broken bone healed in time! I have never been quite this last minute before, but I am super excited for the spontaneity of it and to camp somewhere *totally new and unexpected*.

I would *love* a camp that is contributing something to the playa. Food service - we want to help (YES PLEASE), art installation - we would help man it and moop it after it burns (and help build your new art project next year!). Does your camp sing at the porta-potties in the morning as your service - we can't promise we would harmonize, but we would be there!!

This will be my 10th burn. We are low maintenance, high contributors, and have held leadership positions in small and large camps, including hosting our own theme camp one year. I have volunteered extensively with the BORG and helped design and build the "green" man pavilion in 2007. I have camped most often with Burners Without Borders (4 times, and helped with disaster relief in Peru) and Heart Tribe (3 times).

Also, I come with a box of costumes to share, from my costume design collective!

If you can share this with anyone you know that might have space for us, I would be ever so grateful. Xoxo
You went from "I would love a camp" to "we want to..." Which is it, an I or a we? And how many we's? One, ten, fifty? Male? Female? Transgender? Sparkle Pony? As they say in Texas, "El Paso."

thalassa

Post by thalassa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
thalassa wrote:Burner friends - I didn't think I would be able to come this year, but my broken bone healed in time! I have never been quite this last minute before, but I am super excited for the spontaneity of it and to camp somewhere *totally new and unexpected*. I am looking for a camp for 2 of us and our trailer.

We (two of us) would *love* a camp that is contributing something to the playa. Food service - we want to help (YES PLEASE), art installation - we would help man it and moop it after it burns (and help build your new art project next year!). Does your camp sing at the porta-potties in the morning as your service - we can't promise we would harmonize, but we would be there!!

This will be my 10th burn and my friend's 6th. We are low maintenance, high contributors, and have held leadership positions in small and large camps, including hosting our own theme camp one year. I have volunteered extensively with the BORG and helped design and build the "green" man pavilion in 2007. I have camped most often with Burners Without Borders (4 times, and helped with disaster relief in Peru) and Heart Tribe (3 times).

You went from "I would love a camp" to "we want to..." Which is it, an I or a we? And how many we's? One, ten, fifty? Male? Female? Transgender? Sparkle Pony? As they say in Texas, "El Paso."

Dr. Pyro - thanks for pointing this out. There are two of us. I, Nya, am female, and Rick is male. We are not sparkle ponys although I have always wanted to dress as a unicorn but the right horn hasn't found me yet.

serik055
Burning Since: 2013

Post by serik055 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi everyone. We have 1-2 spots in our small camp. We are a group of 8 people, 25-30 y.o. - from Brazil, Turkey, Russia and USA.
PM me for details. Leaving from SF on 28th. Also have 1 ticket but willing to sell it to people joining our camp.

Sunshine2day

Post by Sunshine2day » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi There Everyone,
I got a last minute ticket and my camp fell through so I am looking for a camp to be a magical part of. I am in my 40s laid back but kinda shy and would love to find a place in an RV as well. Putting all my wishes out there. I camped by myself last year wasn't a good fit for me.
Super grateful for any ideas!!!!
Thank you!!
Sunny

thalassa

Post by thalassa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 pm

THANKS EVERYONE - we found a camp!!! :D

talbotworks
Burning Since: 2011

Post by talbotworks » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:34 am

Last minute joiner here, just found a ticket!

Like many, I've done everything from solo camping to small groups to larger theme camps (including starting and leading one or two with a friend).

This burn I'm interested in ways to give back to a camp via building stuff and doing rando duties, prefer low commitment / shift load for camp so I can volunteer elsewhere too.

I'm pretty laid back and sometimes chatty. Usually i give out lots of bags of chips at burns and spend hours listening to heartfelt speeches by friends.

Glad to be a part of this world

PrettyCatPat

Post by PrettyCatPat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:30 am

serik055 wrote:Hi everyone. We have 1-2 spots in our small camp. We are a group of 8 people, 25-30 y.o. - from Brazil, Turkey, Russia and USA.
PM me for details. Leaving from SF on 28th. Also have 1 ticket but willing to sell it to people joining our camp.
Totally interested in joining your camp! I'm a first time burner, but have been dreaming of this day for a long time! So excited to be making it this year, and be a part of the mystery and magic. Flying into SF today, and hoping to make friends. Let me know if I can be a part of your team and help contribute to the collective experience ♡

rocketboy506

Post by rocketboy506 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:09 am

Just got a ticket and am a first time burner. Looking to join and contribute to a camp. Coming from SF. I'm great with heavy lifting and any building that needs done. Please PM me with any opening or questions. Thanks! :)

yixiaoj

Post by yixiaoj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:42 pm

serik055 wrote:Hi everyone. We have 1-2 spots in our small camp. We are a group of 8 people, 25-30 y.o. - from Brazil, Turkey, Russia and USA.
Hello I'm interested in joining your camp. Would you please provide more information ? my email is contact@jiangyixiao.com. Thanks!

camper123

Post by camper123 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi! Second time going to the Burn but scrambling for a camp! Yours sounds like a good option!

My most relevant skills are likely bicycle repair. I also have a vehicle pass (but not car!)

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:It's so funny. Everyone wants to "contribute". Bullshit, they want someone else to do the heavy lifting and provide for them!
nailed it.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

PrettyCatPat

Post by PrettyCatPat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Elorrum wrote:
Captain Goddammit wrote:It's so funny. Everyone wants to "contribute". Bullshit, they want someone else to do the heavy lifting and provide for them!
nailed it.
Seems highly pretentious for a collective of free spirits. Give people a chance

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 pm

PrettyCatPat wrote:
Elorrum wrote:
nailed it.
Seems highly pretentious for a collective of free spirits. Give people a chance
I don't feel that 60,000 plus can or should really have a collective opinion on this. To me it seems that many people assume that camping at Burning Man is beyond their abilities. I don't know when it became larger than a camping trip with a few extra necessities. I see a lot of people roll in with a pop tent in a rented sedan, as their basics, with enough of everything else they need. They made a thoughtful study of how to get it done. They make lots of new friends and camp mates that are just parked near to them. They contribute to groups they find there. In this thread, I'm feeling a lot of "I need" and likely "I can't" as the very first thought.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

trey_badami

Post by trey_badami » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:10 am

Came upon a ticket and transport to BRC at the very last minute - my schedule was able to accommodate :)

29 year old first time burning looking for a camp -

hardworking - good attitude - happy to contribute however possible -

I live with 4 people in a Brooklyn loft, used to communal living - avid camper & cyclist

Work in fashion photography as a digital technician & lighting technician

Looking forward to finding harmony in BRC -

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:52 am

Elorrum wrote:... To me it seems that many people assume that camping at Burning Man is beyond their abilities. I don't know when it became larger than a camping trip with a few extra necessities. I see a lot of people roll in with a pop tent in a rented sedan, as their basics, with enough of everything else they need. They made a thoughtful study of how to get it done. They make lots of new friends and camp mates that are just parked near to them. They contribute to groups they find there. In this thread, I'm feeling a lot of "I need" and likely "I can't" as the very first thought.
Join a camp so you're slave labour and have camps chores and responsibility's list and tasks!
Get to burn for your three hour break on Wednesday afternoon.

Solo doesn't take much. A sleeping bag wrapped in a tarp on a cot beside the car. Add a large cotton cloth to wrap your head in for the dust storms.
or this
or this
etc...
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Mall_pal

Post by Mall_pal » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi - the countdown begins!! we would LOVE to join a camp and contribute in anyway (food, $$, laughs, and dances moves). We are two easy going and fun loving girls from SF who are driving to BRC on Wednesday morning by breakfast.

I know it is last minute and a lot to ask BUT would anyone be willing to make room for us? We have super cool tent, speakers, cool cameras and more. Please let us know if there is any room!!!

Sincerely, #koolcampers!

Cheezpro

Post by Cheezpro » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:29 am

HIIIII ***~~*~My name is Cheez (f) and i'm an artist/designer/researcher looking for a community camp to be apart of ~
I've tried to reach out to a few camps but seems they were all full so I'm trying here.

I love the intersection of artxscience, and I brought drawing supplies to make drawings of people I meet (my art: cheezpro.viirj.com). Also some jewelry to give away ~

I look forward to helping contribute to the camp in whatever way possible and make new friends!

Chrineedsaride

Post by Chrineedsaride » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 am

Hello everyone!! Is anyone going from reno to BRC tomorrow (tuesday) my flight got cancelled today and I need a ride :cry:

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:31 pm

Rideshare locations in Reno: Savemart at Keystone, Reno Airport - Air Playa Info.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”