People Seeking Camps 2016

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
SkipperWayne
Burning Since: 2016

Wanting a camp to adopt me.

Post by SkipperWayne » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 am

I am a solo Aussie (25M) making the pilgrimage to BM16.
I have only just secured a ticket in the OMG Sale.
It's only know that I am realising the massive logistical overhead that an event like this has.
To try and alleviate some of those stresses, I am looking for a Theme camp to become a part of.

If there are any camps out there that would like me as an addition, please get in touch.

misslotus78
Burning Since: 2000

Solo Gal In Search of a Camp

Post by misslotus78 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:37 am

Greetings all,

This is my third burn since 2000, and 2014......I've spent far too much time away from home ;) I just got a ticket and it would be nice to join a camp if possible. I love to cook and am not afraid of hard work ;) Thank you for all of your time.

Cheers,

Kristin
SOAK.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Wanting a camp to adopt me.

Post by ygmir » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:43 am

welcome!
Consider, it's a long shot anyone will reach out to you.
I'd suggest finding contact for all the theme camps you can, write some sort of intro/resume, and hope for the best.
Mostly, theme camps are sought after, and they don't do a lot of "oh, please come stay with us".......that said, there are always a few.
Also, do your homework, make sure any you deal with are legit.

good luck
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

dangold

searching for a camp!!

Post by dangold » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi you guy's,
Solo virgin burner looking for a camp!
I have been to midburn (israeli burning man) and in community events!
I'm a chillaxed guy, hard working when need to and would be happy to arrive early to help setup the camp!
any lead's?
Thanks!

MetalMichelle
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: SMELL the Love

Happy Camper Looking for a Home

Post by MetalMichelle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Hey guys!
I have my own theme camp SMELL the Love at BM regional events YOUtopia and BEquinox in SoCal. But I'm an orphan this year at the Burn. I've been three times since 2012-14, missed last year and returning this year, arriving Tuesday night. Super-friendly camps are the best! Please let me know if you have any ideas ♥ xox Michelle
♥ Bam! How do you like me now? ♥

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: WOOT, scored at the OMG sale ;)

Post by Savannah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Congratulations, and Welcome! :mrgreen:
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Mansoon

Re: Solo Gal In Search of a Camp

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Anat's Love Camp?
We have great location, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, for celebrating through the night at the Burn.
There will be performances and artistic creations, as well as all kinds of interactivity.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Well, we are not looking to "adopt" new camp members, but you're welcome to join Anat's Love Camp. :D
We have great location, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, for celebrating through the night at the Burn.
There will be performances and artistic creations, as well as all kinds of interactivity.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

And, yes, we started late, but we are real legit camp, placed in the 6:00 portal and our founder has been going to Burning Man 22 years, etc, blah blah. And you wouldn't be the only Aussie in camp. :P

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Mansoon

Re: Solo Gal In Search of a Camp

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Mansoon

Re: Happy Camper Looking for a Home

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Anat's Love Camp?
Mansoon
http://anatslovecamp.org

Mansoon

Re: searching for a camp!!

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Anat's Love Camp?
Mansoon

albinoOcelot

Solo east coast burner seeking theme camp

Post by albinoOcelot » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi everyone! I'm from the Atlanta area hoping to join a theme camp. I've been to regional burns before (Alchemy 2013, 2014; Transformus 2015, 2016; To The Moon 2016) but this will be my first Burning Man.

Finding a crew from the east coast would be awesome, but totally optional. I am a hard worker, can help with anything pre-event (if around Atlanta), and am a good cook!

Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
Ocelot

Mansoon

Re: Solo east coast burner seeking theme camp

Post by Mansoon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Hey, you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp. We're not primarily East Coast, the core of us, but a lot of the various campmates come from all over the planet, really. I think we have some people from China and Australia with us this year.
Mansoon

EGAZ
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:13 am

NIIOOccceeee..... 8)
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:42 am

North40nm, Welcome to eplaya. Great news. You're coming to the event. So where do you live? If you have room in a trailer and an extra ticket you will be the most popular guy in town. Come to the Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the event. It's at Barbie Death Camp at 6pm. Bring booze, get hugs. (OK. Bring nothing and get hugs too but the party is stocked by the participants.) WooHoo.....
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: WOOT, scored at the OMG sale ;) - now looking for camp

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 am

Welcome aboard - I'm giving this a nudge over to the camps & villages board, since that's a better fit for 'seeking camp' threads. Good luck!

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Damn, well you definitely bring a lot to the table. Okay, you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp. As of yesterday, we were definitely still taking people. We have great location on a big lot in the 6 o'clock Plaza, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. BTW, I'd like to throw in a pitch for one of our campmates for the ticket. Not sure where you're coming from, but you could almost certainly even meet up beforehand with her and ride in together. You'd definitely make the lady very happy, and make some new friends in the process.
But if you've already got plans for it already I understand. Hell, even if you don't join us, you'd be welcome to come by and join us for a visit, of course. Will be lots of stuff going on during the week, and I think a pair of our new members was maybe planning on giving out brownies and cinnamon rolls. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Damn, well, you definitely bring a lot to the table. OK, you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp. As of yesterday, we were definitely still taking people. We have great location on a big lot in the 6 o'clock Plaza, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. BTW, I'd like to throw in a pitch for one of our campmates for the ticket. Not sure where you're coming from, but you could almost certainly even meet up beforehand with her and ride in together. You'd definitely make the lady very happy, and make some new friends in the process.
But if you've already got plans for it already I understand. Hell, even if you don't join us, you'd be welcome to come by and join us for a visit, of course. Will be lots of stuff going on during the week, and I think a pair of our new members was maybe planning on giving out brownies and cinnamon rolls. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon

kimbersykes
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Rubber Armstrong

Re: Burner looking for a camp (late STEP ticket)

Post by kimbersykes » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Shachar,

We have a camp called Rubber Armstrong and are building a semi-submerged spaceman head that will house a bike decoration for burners that are purchasing bikes but don't have the time to decorate.

We recently had a last minute drop out from a group so have some spots that we are urgently trying to fill. Please take a look at this site for more information on our camp and at the bottom is a link to a PDF with loads more detail and also lots of tips that will help you! http://goo.gl/UtAIwF

I hope you like what you hear and want to join the camp otherwise stop by for some bike decoration.

Burn bright.

Kimber
Currently experimenting with the intricacies of time travel; see you last week

Admiral Fukkit
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Post by Admiral Fukkit » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:18 am

Man you guys are awful close to being a fun-on plug&play!
It's too bad things are getting so fucked up like that.

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Admiral Fukkit wrote:Man you guys are awful close to being a fun-on plug&play!
It's too bad things are getting so fucked up like that.
$500+ for a yurt? Where do I sign up? JFC!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

anat
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: anat's love camp

Post by anat » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi It's Anat,
I would love to have you in my camp, I am from Israel too.
Anat's Love Camp is on 6 and I . and we have great conditions call me for more info.
510-4146064 or email me to anatomi@aerthlink.net
Thanks Anat

Torquill
Burning Since: 2008

Looking for trans men and trans-masculine peeps in BRC

Post by Torquill » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:17 pm

I know what they say -- there's a camp for everybody in BRC. Sometimes it's hard to find groups when you're actually on playa, though, so I'm doing some homework first. Google and searching ePlaya have come up pretty much dry (all I found was Sun Guardians, who are vaguely on topic), so I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Anybody know of camps or groups focused on, composed of, or explicitly friendly toward trans guys and similar folk? I just want to get together with some of my tribe and have a beer, hang out, maybe do a group bike excursion if we're ambitious. I'm also up for hanging with butch folk. Who should I be looking for, here or at Playa Info?

--Sam

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Looking for trans men and trans-masculine peeps in BRC

Post by gaminwench » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:04 am

Gender Blender?
Camp Beaverton?
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Mari_land

We look for camp!!))

Post by Mari_land » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:08 am

Good afternoon! We look for camp. I am Marina and my husband Vitaly, to us for 27 years. We are very cheerful and creative people. :D

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:16 am

gaminwench wrote:Gender Blender?
Camp Beaverton?

What I came in here to say...Beaverton has a documentary about them that's pretty great. I've hung out with GB people and they are also a lot of fun, super nice and friendly.

Captain Goddammit
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:55 am

Cool I'll check those camps out! I need a good trans guy, my trans is slipping in 2nd gear. .
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”