People Seeking Camps 2016

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Looking for trans men and trans-masculine peeps in BRC

Post by Ratty » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 am

Get out of here capt. Nothing for you to see.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SaritaSyrah
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Post by SaritaSyrah » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:15 am

I've been wanting to visit the beavers, but I never feel brave enough. Am I queer enough to be accepted? The queer spectrum is daunting. Le siiiiigh. :cry:
BURN SHIT!

SaritaSyrah

Post by SaritaSyrah » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 am

I also meant to say that while I don't believe we have any trans men at Dye With Dignity, in 404 not found, we do have several queer campers and lots of beer. Come say hi.
BURN SHIT!

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 am

New camp idea, "Queers with Beers."

No, Queers with Beers and Steers, and you just hang out by a grill all day, drinking beer and cooking steak!

I haven't been to Beaverton, but I watched the documentary and they were pretty inclusive along the spectrum (straight to not straight). I'll go with you. Make you a shirt that says AM I QUEER ENOUGH YET?

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:03 am

C.f.M. wrote:New camp idea, "Queers with Beers."

No, Queers with Beers and Steers, and you just hang out by a grill all day, drinking beer and cooking steak!

I haven't been to Beaverton, but I watched the documentary and they were pretty inclusive along the spectrum (straight to not straight). I'll go with you. Make you a shirt that says AM I QUEER ENOUGH YET?
Have a "Queer with Beer"?

A combination of Jiffy Lube and a brew-pub?

And Rev-Co on the speakers 24/7

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:14 am

Yes. This is why the playa needs you.

burnalot
Burning Since: 2016

Three easygoing people FOUND a camp!

Post by burnalot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I've read and heard so much nice things about Burning Man and its inclusive culture, and this time me and two friends were lucky enough to get hold of tickets! We're thrilled to go, but as we're all newbies we've gotten the recommendation from several people that we should look for a camp - that's why I'm writing this!

We're three guys from Sweden, 29-30 years old. We like outdoors, games, climbing, slacklining, skiing (which I imagine might be hard to do at the playa...), and we're easygoing and friendly people. I've heard there are camps geared towards climbing/slacklining (and I've reached out to a few I found at http://burningman.org/event/brc/2016-theme-camps), but right now our main priority is to be able to go at all so all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Are there any camps out there who would be willing to accept us? We're happy to help both fee-wise and work-wise with what we can!

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the playa!

JeepneyArtCar
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: It's More Fun In The Philippines

Re: Three easygoing people looking for a camp!

Post by JeepneyArtCar » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi! We still have space at our theme camp, "It's More Fun In The Philippines!"

We are located at Italic and 4:15. We are offering a kitchen with the basics provided and some food. We also have a private porta potty, shower, and water delivered to camp. We're a smaller camp and require a few shifts during the week and we'll need help with set up and breakdown.

If you want to arrive early, we have passes for Friday, Aug 26!

We have an art car, and gifting three Filipino Food dinners through the week.

Contact us at: jeepneyartcar@gmail.com

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:49 pm

SaritaSyrah wrote:I've been wanting to visit the beavers, but I never feel brave enough. Am I queer enough to be accepted? The queer spectrum is daunting. Le siiiiigh. :cry:
Darlin', you're queer enough. I think your wife will testify to that. :D
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

casafrash
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge

Post by casafrash » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi,

We still have available space for tents and RVs in our camp, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge. It's a great, long standing camp that has offers an enclosed bar and cocktails for burners. If you are interested, please email me and let me know what you are looking for: showers, type of space, electricity, etc.

Thanks,
Cas :lol:

casafrash
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge

Re: 4 People Looking for a Camp!

Post by casafrash » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi Mansoon,

We still have space in our camp for tents and RVs, and would love to have you join. We are Shipwreck Tiki lounge, and we offer an enclosed bar and cocktails for patrons. Strong camp, and we offer grid plug in and hot showers. Please email me direct for more info: casandra.higuera@gmail.com

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm moving this over to the 2016 Camps & Villages board, since that's a better fit for seeking camp threads.

Mansoon

Re: 4 People Looking for a Camp!

Post by Mansoon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Um, I think you misread that. I think you're posting to the wrong person, that is to say. :D

Mansoon

Post by Mansoon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:07 pm

And, just to throw our hats in the ring (dusty windsurfing skis onto the pile? Although skiing isn't one of the things we do :D ) you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp.
We have a location in the 6:00 plaza (the plazas are larger open areas on some of the main streets where the Burning Man organization places camps it seems to be somewhat more interesting, so you'll have a bunch of really cool things right outside the camp boundaries) , kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, for celebrating through the night at the Burn.
There will be dance and fire performances and artistic creations, as well as all kinds of interactivity.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. If you register, anyone on the steering committee, James or anyone else, can approve you very quickly, so your space will be reserved nearly right away). Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon
http://anatslovecamp.org

Mansoon

Re: We look for camp!!))

Post by Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:00 am

Hey, you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp.
We have a location in the 6:00 plaza, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, for celebrating through the night at the Burn.
There will be dance and fire performances and artistic creations, as well as all kinds of interactivity.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon

brand0nel

looking for camp

Post by brand0nel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:35 am

Hi all,

i'm a well travelled vegan photographer from Romania, passionate about nature, yoga and playing the drums.
For those interested, here's my portfolio: https://thegrid.ai/brand0n3/

Grabbed a Burner Express Bus+ ticket /29th Aug; I'll be in San Francisco from 21st. I have decent cooking skills so i can take turns in the kitchen. I know it's a bit late, but i just hope to find a camp to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Alin
IG: @brand0nel
FB: brand0nel

If age is of question, i'm around 12k days old.

SaritaSyrah

Post by SaritaSyrah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:31 am

Eric wrote: Darlin', you're queer enough. I think your wife will testify to that. :D
oooooooh, call me darlin' again! <3
BURN SHIT!

olga-gonzalez

Birgin burners from south america looking for a camp! :)

Post by olga-gonzalez » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:34 am

Hi Everyone!
My best friend and I just turned 30 and we decided to celebrate it going to BM, because for us it represents a celebration of live, love and hope in an artistic way!
Both of us are really pasionate about humans rights, we are open minded, fun, hard workers and handy, we are also pretty decent cooks and we love to dance (we are also pretty decent on that too :P ).
We are looking for a camp to sleep, cook, and shower. We can bring water and food, and we'd be happy to contribute to any fees or work.

See you all in the playa! Besos! :)

lapointel

24 y/o female ((turning 25 at burning man!)) first time burner looking for a camp

Post by lapointel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

Hello! My name is Lauren. I am 24 (25 on August 29th!) and I am excited to say that this year will be my first burn. I am looking for a relaxing but fun atmosphere to come back to after a long day or night on the playa. I am getting my masters degree in integrative counseling psychology at CIIS. I like to consider myself laid back and open minded. I am a casual yogi and have started meditating more frequently since starting school. I am totally ready for the burning man experience and ready to be blown away by it. I will be bringing two tents, a small one for sleeping and a larger one for changing and hanging out, as well as all my gear (clothes, bike, food, charcoal grill, booze, etc). I may also bring a shade structure if needed. As for my gifts to the people of BRC, I plan on making a ton of homemade granola bars which are waaayyy better than any granola bar you will find in a store. I've also been thinking about bring some art supplies but I'm not too sure about that yet. Also, I am willing to help out in any way I can.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me or if you think I am a good fit for your camp. I look forward to hearing from and meeting all you wonderful people!

cmiller404
Camp Name: Need a camp

I need to join a camp

Post by cmiller404 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:23 am

Hello Burners,

This is my first year at BurningMan and I am very excited. However I don't have a camp group and I am seeing that you can apply to join for one, however I don't see where or how you apply to join one. I will be coming to BurningMan solo so I believe it is important that I find a group. Can someone please help me?

Dr Helix
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Re: I need to join a camp

Post by Dr Helix » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:57 am

One, it's not important. Lots of people don't join camps. Two, there a whole thread about camps that are looking for members - look in the thread "Theme Camps and Villages" Good luck
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Basic Camp Understanding

Post by gaminwench » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:24 pm

With so many "I need a camp" threads popping up, it seems like a good time to *bump* this informative read.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Mansoon

Re: looking for camp

Post by Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:45 pm

We're a SF-based camp and we have a location in the 6:00 plaza, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate-controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, will help with celebrating through the night at the Burn.
Not sure when we'll close registrations but we're still open, for now. Luck, love and hope to see you on the playa!
Mansoon
Will PM u some additional info ☺

Mansoon

Re: 24 y/o female ((turning 25 at burning man!)) first time burner looking for a camp

Post by Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:49 pm

We have a location in the 6:00 plaza, kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate-controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, will help with celebrating through the night at the Burn.
Mansoon

Mansoon

Re: Birgin burners from south america looking for a camp! :)

Post by Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Hey, you might be interested in us, Anat's Love Camp!
We have a location in the 6:00 plaza (the plazas are larger, more open areas along main thoroughfare where campus deemed more interesting are placed), kitchen, shower, fresh food, a shade structure for tents, a stage and a mobile stage.
The Soulistica crew has joined our camp and will be bringing their 40' bus, which has been converted into a holistic healing center and the exterior is covered with over 20,000 LED lights that move to the music. We are building a 40' diameter, 17' high dome as well as a climate-controlled pyramid ceremony space. The Kava ceremonies, coupled with sound and light healing technologies, will help with celebrating through the night at the Burn.
Mansoon

Mansoon

Re: New Burner 64 Female ISO a place to call home

Post by Mansoon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Will send you a pm on FB ASAP, OK? :D

trilobyte
Site Admin
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: 24 y/o female ((turning 25 at burning man!)) first time burner looking for a camp

Post by trilobyte » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:46 pm

It is worth pointing out that you, and any camp that you should join would need to obtain a NV health permit - more information can be found here, the deadline for applications is fast approaching).

Torquill

Post by Torquill » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks, guys. I'm not sure Beaverton will be a major destination for me, but I'll swing by. Gender Blender sounds promising, and a couple of the other generally-queer camps too.

I guess there is a need for Queers With Beers. Time to start planning for next year!

Hope to see you out there. :)

--Sam

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:36 am

The Eplaya Meet and Greet is at least one guaranteed good time, to stand around and drink beer. They somehow make it feasible for shy people who don't know anybody to show up and leave with new friends. Can't guarantee any trans folk, but definitely some queers and assholes. And the other Eplayans. :lol:

shakey_CA

Male sparkle pony needs a camp

Post by shakey_CA » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:53 pm

I expect to contribute nothing to the camp. I do not believe in making friends or meeting new people. I need food and beverages handed to me right outside my tent. Go ahead and also make costumes for me while at it. Helping you set up camp - you are kidding right? Have RV, tent, my own generator and need my own hot shower outside. I will leave so much moop that the camp will redefine red in the post-burn moop red zone. I will not lift a finger to help all week. So go ahead - pick me :) - recurrence of my memories to you will be worse than the recurrence of STDs from a s*x worker.

*End of sarcasm*

*Serious Stuff Below*

10 year burner, chill, mellow. Looking to come in early and help build camp. Late 30s, male, bay area. Only a tent and my car within camp space. I need to leave by Saturday evening (pre-burn) itself. Happy to make up for it by helping before & during the event. Have ticket and vehicle pass. I usually bring my own food and drinks too, so I am not dependent on any camp stuff (except shower that I can help build).

I have somehow never camped in the 4:30-6:00 area in my past 10 years - would be a fun change in perspective.

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”