Tell me about your Regional... why should I go?

The place for official Burning Man regional group news and events.
remi

Tell me about your Regional... why should I go?

Post by remi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am

Hi Friends (and frienemies.)

The fiancée and I have decided to take a few years off the big burn and focus on regionals for a while. We decided this after we realized we much prefer our own regional to the big burn.. and thought "I bet we'd prefer other regionals over the big burn as well."

Obviously there's a few that look awesome (Midburn, Afrikaburn, Nowhere, Kiwiburn, Lake of Fires, Firefly, Burn in the Forest, etc.)

So.. Tell me about your regional. Where/where/how much $. What are some rad events that are "can't miss" events.

Mine regional is called "Freezer Burn" (not the one in texas, but the one in Alberta, Canada.)

One thing that makes our regional different then most is that we donate a lot of money for art grants that get used at our event. About 30,000$ in grants for a regional under 1000 people. That's pretty darn awesome. We had 9 burns last year, we have a great venue.. it's on an Elk Farm. We have a few wicked stages and art cars (Hippo Love is from our region, amongst others,) and I believe our regional reached the size that there is almost always 2 really awesome things going on at the same time, so even if you don't sleep and hit up everything you can, you will miss awesome stuff (which I love because you'll never catch everything at Burning Man.)

You can see a cool little documentary made by Robert and Kiki (the couple that brought Ursa Major (the bears made of pennies,) right here:

Tickets go on sale end March/early April and are around 160$ each. It will start on the summer solstice (Thurs.June21st,) and end on the Monday.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if your interested in coming to Freezer Burn.... better yet, if you have cool art you want to bring to FB!

Tell me about your regional! Why should I go!?

Thanks

- R
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

remi

Re: Tell me about your Regional... why should I go?

Post by remi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:22 am

Update for my regional, Freezer Burn (in Alberta, Canada.. not the Texas Freezer Burn)

The producers picked 8 themes to put to a public poll, and the winner was:

(drum role)

Freezer Burn 2018: Fighter Jets v.s. Laser Sharks.

Holy fuck!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Leap
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Post by Leap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 am

I just got back from Love Burn and it was amazing. I’m still blissed out.

* Easy and relatively cheap to get to for our largely East Coast camp.
* Tons of old friends and made tons of new friends.
* great venue that’s easy to walk around.
* Music was AMAZING.
* Got to climb some things.
* Family friendly if that’s your thing.
* The wind this year keep everyone honest.
* Miami in January….

torrey.smith
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Sextant

Post by torrey.smith » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

As a nod to Freezer Burn, I was so taken with the FWF (Freezer Burn Wrestling Federation) that I decided to create the character Abraslam Lickin', to go North and give these Extraordinary Albertans a run for the big belt!

Sarge

Return to “Regional Network”