The 17th Annual San Francisco DECOMPRESSION HEAT THE STREET FaIRE!
Sunday, October 9th, 12:00pm - 12:00am - $15 before 3:00pm, $20 after 3:00pm - ALL AGES & under 12 is FREE!
Public Entrance: 19th St & Minnesota St
Getting there: Only a few blocks from the T-Line on 3rd St. and near major bus lines (#22 & #48) and we'll have plenty of Bike Parking @ 19th/Minnesota! If you're using Uber/Lyft/Taxi - please have them drop you off at 19th & Tennessee!
Art Installations & Mutant Vehicles Include: Audition, CDC, Chicken Coop, Collaborative Live Painting, D'oro Da Sacramenti Regionale, Da Vinci’s Unicycle, Dancetronauts, The Dawnstar Bus, Desert Fish Collectiva, Dirty Little Rainbow Funtime Machine, Dragon Smelter - Coin Making, Dreams of Flight, Fire-Breathing Giraffes (Jenna Steely), The Game Train, Tilt-a-Burn (Lee Chubb), Galerie d'Art Cher por les Porcs Riches, The Hypnosphere, inside the mirror, JACK, Kissy Fish & the Mellow, Leonardo's Selfie Booth, Liberty Torch Ignites, Luminescent Grand, Mountaineers, Mudcloth on Acid, The Muse of Davinci, Mushroom mushroom, NautilusX, One Thousand Thousand, Past Ticket Banners, Past Temples of Burning Man, Prism, The Prodigal Swan (Dustin Hoffman), Pyra (Jason Starr), A RAT's Nest, RFRKTRZ- DNA MURAL, Scultura di Collective, Shadow Dream Theatre, Signs of Our Time, Snap Yourself, So So Cupid, Solar Rebar Tricycle, Suspended in the Void, Teaching Pavilion Prototype, Transporter, Venom Art Boat, WDYDWYD?, WhyTheHugs? by WhyTheNose?, Zomes, & more!
Participating Theme Camps & Groups Include: Black Rock Beacon, Black Rock Roller Disco, Black Rock Scouts, BMIR - Burning Man Information Radio, Camp Beaverton, Camp Orange Banana Boat, camp party jitsu, Dare to be Rare Meat Communion BBQ, DRAGNET INTERROGATION, DPW, Gate Perimeter & Exodus (GPE), Hardly Saloon, Jerk Church, Love Camp, Love Dose, Magic Lantern Society, Naked Espresso, Next Year, Octopus Garden Tentacles, Opulent Temple, Pink Heart Camp, Playa Info/ Lost & Found, PlayaTerps, Rhythmwave, Shantitown Pizza Delivery, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge, Sunday Watermelon, Temple Guardians, Unicorner, Volunteer Resource Team, ZEROdB Silent Disco, & more to come!
Performers Include: Anthony Motto, Anthony Zmoda, Aries Fire Collective, The Big Bang Surfers, Big Luscious' Uncoordianted Burnouts, Blondie, BrianPeek, The Burning Band, Celsius Maximus, Cindy Sparks, Curly, DJ MEZA-me, DJ Shaggy, DJ Unagi, DolceVita, Dresden, Dyson, Edmundo, Et Al, Fire brush, FireFlies, Fuego y Mas, HNGVR, Hoopty, Jacob Turner, JupiterJay, Liam Ocean, LouD, Mary's Bunnies, Ministry of Flow, Monkey Chant & Body of Sound, Moose & Lotus, Mothers Fathers Sisters Brothers, Mr.BounceMan, NickPhoenix, noaccordion (DJ Set), Organic Pyrotechnic, OSO (DJ Set), PhilthyPhil, The Phone Sex Operators, Poi Dance - Astral Projections, Robb Stormblood, Samba Stilt Circus, Sandra Orellana, Snail Trail, SolRiso, Surreal Fire, SydGris, Trashkan Marchink Band, TravNasty, Whee the People, & more TBA!
- For last minute pARTicipation: email [email protected]
- To volunteer for a shift or team role: email [email protected]
AND…To learn about other Decoms and Regional Events around the world, see: http://regionals.burningman.org/ This is a year-round community with events being planned across the globe every day of the week!
So, as you prepare for the Playa, take a moment to plan how your art will make it to SF Decom and one or more regional gatherings. Help keep the creative fires burning all year-long!
October 9, 2016 Starting at Noon. Park closes at 10 pm - Sound ends by 10 pm everywhere - except Mariposa dance area (until 10:55pm)
Located just off the T-Line on 3rd St. and near major bus lines. Please use them: Muni bus #22, #48 and BART connects with the 3rd St T-line
Public Entrance: 19th St & Minnesota St.
Bike Racks: Corner 19th & Minnesota Taxi Stand: 18th & Minnesota
Uber/Lyft: 19th &Tennessee
Here's how you can make this our best Decompression ever:
- Arrive Early! Come at NOON to enjoy a full day of amazing art, theme camps, people and performances!
- Respect Our Neighbors. No loud noises, don't block driveways, use OUR toilets and enter and leave the area VERY quietly. Don't drive on Minnesota St at all. Do not camp overnight!
- Green Your Commute! Take mass transit or bike! There will be bike racks at 19th & Minnesota. Or carpool, or park at the ballpark, or on Terry Francois Blvd. Please do NOT drive or park at all on Minnesota Street, Indiana Street, or 19th/20th between Indiana and Tennessee. There will be a taxi stand at 18th and Minnesota for your convenience. And mass transit is VERY convenient. Arrange any Lyft/Uber pickups for Tennessee Street and please have them stay off Minnesota due to traffic jams.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle! We will have free water at “water bars” in an effort to reduce wasteful plastic bottles!
- Express Yourself and pARTicipate! Wear your finest playa pageantry and costumery. Bring warm layers for evening. To register art/performance/theme camp, email flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com so we can accommodate and celebrate YOUR special contribution to this amazing community. ALL sound systems, fire art, theme camps, vehicles and stage acts MUST be registered and confirmed in advance.
- Perform Random Acts of Art, Kindness and Gifting.
- NO Boom Boxes, Renegade Sound, Unapproved Food/Beverage Service or vending. No unauthorized: Fire Performance, Fire Art, Fire Hats, Candles or Burning Clumps of Sage: These will jeopardize the event. Leave unregistered sound and fire art home.
- If you see anyone with fire outside the fire art barricades or fire stage, ask them to PUT IT OUT!
- Pack out all trash you bring and LEAVE NO TRACE! Please help us pick up trash and deposit it in appropriate sorting pails.
- Breakdown is 10PM for the park and 11:30-2AM on the street. By 2AM, EVERYTHING MUST BE GONE and small debris must be swept into the street for the street sweeper. If you are exhibiting at Decom, bring a broom to sweep the sidewalks clean, pack out what you brought, and pick up large debris in the street. Also please remove unwanted fliers from cars.
- Volunteer! This is a volunteer-driven event. To volunteer for a shift: http://tinyurl.com/zagzzed. Or stop in at Volunteer Sign-Up at Volunteer Check-In on corner of 20th St and the Park or at Playa Info. At a minimum, EVERYONE is part of our Leave No Trace team, so please pick up any trash, fliers and feathery bits all event.
- Express Responsibly! Protect the event and our beautiful park: No stakes, fire of any kind, BBQs, unleashed dogs, amplified sound, vehicles & bikes in the park. It is unwise to leave your personal bags or other items unattended in the park.
- Don’t cut through bushes, and risk damage to sprinkler heads
- No drumming, live instruments, loud sound, megaphones or amplified sound after 10PM ANYWHERE. The only exception will be the Mariposa dance area, which goes til 10:55PM with a chill set. If anyone is drumming or making amplified noise after 10pm, please ask them to stop so we honor our permit times. Thanks!
- After sound ends, talk quietly and enjoy the art and community.
- If you are a registered art car or theme camp, please take extra care to not drive over electric cables or distro boxes during setup/breakdown. Take special care during exodus. Have someone safely guide you out of your spot and get home safe.
- Leave Quietly and help one another to your cars and next destinations. This is an urban environment, so watch your stuff; and it's best to travel in numbers at night. If you are alone, ask a Ranger for help.
- PLEASE do not drive if you have had anything to drink. Have a designated driver or catch a taxi at 18th & Minnesota.
- Come Back 11am-4pm Monday Morning! Leaving the neighborhood cleaner than we found it is a gift we are serious about giving. If you're up early, get a head start and pick up any trash, feathers, cigarette butts and trash. A group of us will meet at 19th and Indiana and start on Minnesota St., move to the park, Indiana, then surrounding streets. Many hands make light work and every year we leave the neighborhood CLEANER than it was. Bring gloves if you got 'em. We'll bring supplies, free donuts, coffee and thank you gifts! Thanks! This really means a lot to those of us that have to stay up all night and need your support to make it fun and fast. : )
If you can help with a park planting in January, e-mail flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)org and we'll send you a secret garden party announcement!
Note: This is a smoke free event per San Francisco Health Code, Article 19L