Midnight Poutine at Burning Man 2016 : Fundraiser

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
John Quadeyes
Burning Since: 2013

Midnight Poutine at Burning Man 2016 : Fundraiser

Postby John Quadeyes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:00 pm

We are Midnight Poutine! For those who never heard of us, we're a Burning Man food camp from that french speaking part of Canada called Quebec and since 2009, we've been driving 10 000 km (6 200 miles) to serve poutines to very hungry and eager burners at -surprise- midnight.

But wait what's poutine? It's a traditional Quebecois comfort food usually (but not always) eaten after a night of drinking. It’s made from french fries and cheese curds (what is called in Quebecois "cheese droppings " ). The whole thing covered with thick brown sauce from ancient family recipes. Almost magic, no?

Last year, 2000 hungry burners got a taste of Midnight Poutine. It's a party every night with Québecois music, burn barrels, sexy people, line-ups around the block and, of course, poutine! We don't want to leave anybody hungry :)

We need your contributions for :

Cheese curds : Hell yeah, we use real cheese curds! No effin grated cheese at our camp! And it turns out that cheese curds are our biggest expense!!!

The other Ingredients : This include potatoes, gravy, and oil and there's a lot propane to feed our trusty 3 fryers.

And the sexy Logistics : It takes a lot to set up a food camp, make eating areas and decorations, not to mention getting all this stuff to Burning Man from Montreal.

'nuff said, follow this link to donate and help us achieve our goal (we're more that halfway there):

Midnight Poutine at Burning Man 2016 - Indiegogo Campaign

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Re: Midnight Poutine at Burning Man 2016 : Fundraiser

Postby Chowski » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah. Our camp makes a bar and a dance floor, rugs, sound system, public art. And we don't beg for other people to pay for it. It's called gifting.

If you can't afford it, don't come.

kittyrodriguez
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC-ESD Fire Camp Station 3

Postby kittyrodriguez » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Um... it looks like their campaign was solely to fund the purchase of cheese curds, potatoes, and propane, a la "sponsor a burner meal". Also it was already funded last week.

This snark seems senseless.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:24 pm

kittyrodriguez wrote:Um... it looks like their campaign was solely to fund the purchase of cheese curds, potatoes, and propane, a la "sponsor a burner meal". Also it was already funded last week.

This snark seems senseless.

maggie.jpg

Snark will no longer be tolerated in this virtual environment!

Oh Crap. That WAS Snark. Sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

kittyrodriguez
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC-ESD Fire Camp Station 3

Postby kittyrodriguez » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 pm

No, snark is absolutely tolerated.

It just seemed like a senseless post. Why are they upset that a camp is fundraising, on a post in SUPPORT A PROJECT? It is literally an entire subsection of eplaya dedicated to fundraising. As in, camps asking for funds for whatever it is they are bringing to the playa.

Seemed kinda mean spirited to me, not snarky.

delle

Postby delle » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Chowski wrote:Yeah. Our camp makes a bar and a dance floor, rugs, sound system, public art. And we don't beg for other people to pay for it. It's called gifting.

If you can't afford it, don't come.

Mean spirited and ugly.

The Midnight Poutine folks are some of the most giving people I know. They give out this gift year-round throughout Quebec and the neighboring States whenever they can get the chance to. You have no idea how hard they work and how selflessly they give YEAR ROUND.

The amount they were asking for barely covers the price of the cheese - if that. The amount they put in personally is mindboggling. (have I mentioned YEAR ROUND?)

Fortunately their many fans feel privileged to help out when, once a year, they "beg" to make up the difference so they can feed MORE. My $5 might just be the poutine you get to eat, Oh Superior One, rather than you being faced with a sad announcement of there not being enough left for you.

I just wish I were going this year. I'd find you (and I WOULD), and I'd haul your ass into that lineup so you could understand just what you've just shat upon. By far the best quality poutine on the whole PLANET.

Then, as your eyes roll back in your head in sublime understanding, I'd give you a smile and a kick in the shins as a send off and a loving reminder that we're all in this together and that it is a far, far better thing to "have one's back" than to stab it.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Return to “2016 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”