FUNDRAISER for PURSUIT, a playa art project.

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
whitechinosguy
Burning Since: 2015

FUNDRAISER for PURSUIT, a playa art project.

Post by whitechinosguy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Joshua, and I'm an architecture student - soon to be graduate, from London. Last year I was fortunate enough to attend Burning Man as leader of a camp of sixty - my first burn! This year I hope to return to the playa as an Artist with my project 'PURSUIT'. I've included a description of the project below, but more information can be found on the project's Kickstarter link provided, I would be extremely grateful if you would help support the project, as we have some awesome playa ready rewards for you to enjoy. If you are unable to pledge, please share with your friends, family and other burners to help the team get the word out :)

* PURSUIT KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN LINK *
Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 01.58.48.png
PURSUIT is an interactive art installation that celebrates humanity's ongoing quest for Peace, Freedom and Joy - in Life, Love and Art. The design aims to create an interactive and unique sculptural playground for visitors to the playa at this years Festival. The form echoes the spiralling pillars of the Italian Renaissance, and combines three of Da Vinci’s great loves - Mathematics, Art and Architecture.
Ornate Central Space.jpg
The design has three interconnected spaces, each with their own distinct spatial qualities, that together encourage playful interaction, as well provide space for personal reflection and communal gathering. All aspects of the piece are designed to be climbable. Some routes can be done so individually, yet some will require help from other Burners to traverse. This is to ensure every Burners ascent to its peak can begin from a unique origin, and thus with ‘Pursuit’ the starting point and journey is up to the burner, yet the goal is the same for all.

Pillar Interior.jpg
Pursuit is intended as a gift to the Burning Man community from a group of designers and architectural students from London. Every year, we apply for funding from the Black Rock City LLC (Burning Man) to help fund our projects. Unfortunately this year, none of us received any funding towards their project. Despite initial disappointment, we realised that this helped elevate the project's intent and concept to a new level than originally planned. In crowdfunding the entirety of the project, we can manifest the collective Pursuit of Burners from all over the world to see this project built. This is not only tremendously exciting, but also a very humbling prospect for us, in that we have a passion to give this gift to the playa, but we need your help to give that gift. It is through this collective pursuit that we can embody the spirit of the festival and the project in a built architectural form.

Please Support us.

Thank you,

Joshua

* PURSUIT KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN LINK *
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: FUNDRAISER for PURSUIT, a playa art project.

Post by trilobyte » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am

Wow, that looks like a cool project! I'm also pasting in a link to the KS project, since the site's media embedder should automatically translate that into the widget.

Return to “2016 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”