INFO: Ultimate Guide to Crowdfunding...

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

INFO: Ultimate Guide to Crowdfunding...

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Actually, the full title is The Ultimate Guide to Crowdfunding Your Burning Man Art Project
This is a great piece written by burner/media activist Ian MacKenzie from Vancouver, Canada.

Reading through this piece, I would consider this a must-read for any project that is considering crowdfunding to help them meet their goals. All 9 steps are important, so don't do the tl;dr thing and cherry pick a couple things from just the step you think you need help on.

Beyond that, as the ePlaya admin I urge you to read our guidelines before posting here, and then when you write your post, make sure to paste in the link to your fundraiser page at the bottom. Not some kind of URL-shortened igg.me or kck link, but copy and paste what's in your web browser window. One of the fancy shmantzy things we have on ePlaya now is a media embedder. If you paste in a URL for a video on youtube or vimeo (with no additional special bbcodes), the site will automatically embed a video. If you paste in a URL from a fundraiser/gofundme page, it will automatically embed the fundraiser widget.

I'll demonstrate how that works using the Black Rock Lighthouse Service fundraiser, since that fundraiser has both a fundraiser link on the page and a vimeo video embedded on it.

If you don't have a video yet, you can make one and add it later (we allow you to post updates on your campaign up to once a week). If you have questions about whether something is okay to post, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll let you know. Good luck with your campaigns and your projects!

Return to “2016 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”