Obama jokes about Burning Man

Share and discuss articles and blog posts about Burning Man and the culture of Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Obama jokes about Burning Man

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:33 pm

love those "qualifiers".......yeah the prez (any of them) would have done so much more/better if not for (cock blockers). Though I guess Clinton the 1st didn't suffer much cock blocking
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:37 pm

ygmir wrote:love those "qualifiers".......yeah the prez (any of them) would have done so much more/better if not for (cock blockers). Though I guess Clinton the 1st didn't suffer much cock blocking

he didnt, not like Mr. Obama.

we're just gonna have to wrestle this one out. but to even things up you have to have your arms tied behind your back, k?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:01 pm

ygmir wrote:love those "qualifiers".......yeah the prez (any of them) would have done so much more/better if not for (cock blockers). Though I guess Clinton the 1st didn't suffer much cock blocking

Oh! Hahah just got the cock blocker reference.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:24 pm

lucky420 wrote:

he didnt, not like Mr. Obama.

we're just gonna have to wrestle this one out. but to even things up you have to have your arms tied behind your back, k?

that would leave me ever so vulnerable..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm

I know and you're just so darn delicate.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Skuzzy61 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:15 am

A true leader would have overcome any obstacles in the way. Ultimately, the buck does stop there,
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

sadie
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Solomio

Postby sadie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:24 am

lucky420 wrote:I for one think President Obama has done a damn good job, especially if you look at all the cock blocking he's had to endure

I'm with Lucky on this.
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:54 am

Skuzzy61 wrote:A true leader would have overcome any obstacles in the way. Ultimately, the buck does stop there,

Bullshit! when you have congress/senate loudly declare that they will not work with the President and you tell me a true leader can over come that? Presidents can't just do what they want you know.

This isn't fucking North Korea.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Roundabout
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Postby Roundabout » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:17 pm

sadie wrote:
lucky420 wrote:I for one think President Obama has done a damn good job, especially if you look at all the cock blocking he's had to endure

I'm with Lucky on this.

lucky420 wrote:
Skuzzy61 wrote:A true leader would have overcome any obstacles in the way. Ultimately, the buck does stop there,

Bullshit! when you have congress/senate loudly declare that they will not work with the President and you tell me a true leader can over come that? Presidents can't just do what they want you know.

Yep, I am with Lucky on this too.
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

Skuzzy61

Postby Skuzzy61 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:26 am

lucky420 wrote:

Yes, a true leader could over come it. There are always way to do so. Obama has just been lousy at it. He makes excuses, instead of rallying the people. He insults with phrases like, "it's complicated" instead of opening up with the real issues. He continues to demonstrate a lack of respect for the people of this nation. So, sure, he is not going to get anything done.

At the end of the day, it is his responsibility to solve those issues. It is his failure to rally support.

By the way, he has invoked executive privilege 242 times, so far.
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

Skuzzy61

Postby Skuzzy61 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:17 am

One other thing.

People like to talk about how the President can not get anything done due to Congress/House. So, that begs the question, are your representatives doing what you expect them to do? If yes, then why are you making excuses for the President's inability to get things done due to your representatives blocking him?

If no, then are you working to get rid of those representatives? If not, then why?

That said, since when did it become acceptable for people to make excuses for their perceived ineptitude? Do you allow co-workers to make excuses for why they did not get their part of the job done? Do you allow your children to make excuses for acting in a manner not conducive to acceptable social norms?

I cannot remember a time in my life when making excuses for not handling my responsibilities was acceptable. Why is it we make excuses for the President?

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:07 am

It's an interesting discussion, this.
Yeah, a prez. should be able to do things, and have the skills.
A lot though, depends on congress.
But as much, depends on his ability to convince "the people" it's a good idea.
Great Presidents, have gone "to the people" to apply pressure to their congresscritters, and it has worked.
They have been able to convince the majority of the nation of an idea.

I see Obama as a narcissist, who knows "what's best" for us all, and feels we should just "fall in line", behind his brilliance.
And yeah, he's smart! but that's not the end all.
He's also not alone, in being disrespected and or treated "unfairly" by the other side.

Add to that, that, great leaders know how to compromise and or twist arms.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:51 pm

I just got back from camping where the only scary things were bears...

I'll revisit this later :twisted:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:36 pm

You're right Lucky.

It may be less complicated living with the bears.

Let's go!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:02 pm

3158731.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:38 pm

I woke up at about 2-3 in the a.m. And heard a bear growl. He wasn't super close but close enough. I couldn't fall back to sleep for quite awhile. I was very nervous I think my dog could sound fierce enough to scare him away but maybe not :shock:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Roundabout
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Postby Roundabout » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Skuzzy61 wrote:Yes, a true leader could over come it. There are always way to do so. Obama has just been lousy at it. He makes excuses, instead of rallying the people. He insults with phrases like, "it's complicated" instead of opening up with the real issues.

This mystifies me that one would hear "it's complicated" as insulting. When I hear Obama, I hear one of the most inspiring and real and motivating speakers of our national history. I am a pretty stoic type, but I have lost count of the number of times his words have inspired me to tears. I try to put myself in your shoes, but cannot hear it as you do. I think there is some primal fear filter at work that makes us hear it so differently.
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am

yeah.

its called racism.
Frida Be You & Me

Skuzzy61

Postby Skuzzy61 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:08 am

Roundabout wrote:
Skuzzy61 wrote:Yes, a true leader could over come it. There are always way to do so. Obama has just been lousy at it. He makes excuses, instead of rallying the people. He insults with phrases like, "it's complicated" instead of opening up with the real issues.

This mystifies me that one would hear "it's complicated" as insulting. When I hear Obama, I hear one of the most inspiring and real and motivating speakers of our national history. I am a pretty stoic type, but I have lost count of the number of times his words have inspired me to tears. I try to put myself in your shoes, but cannot hear it as you do. I think there is some primal fear filter at work that makes us hear it so differently.

Fair enough. When I hear, "it's complicated", I hear someone telling me I am too ignorant to understand so there will be no attempt to explain it. To me, it is the same as hearing the phrase, as a child, "because I said so", instead of discussing the situation. To me, it is just an insult.

Once I hear a phrase like that, I shut down. I have never felt inspired by anything he has said, because it is all words with no substance. Fluff. He differs little from most politicians, which should not be surprising. I just hoped and wanted more than he can deliver due to his lack of leadership skills.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:35 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:yeah.

its called racism.

Bingo!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Speaking of the makeup of Congress, we have to take a hard look at gerrymandering and continuing to allow them to draw districts.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Elderberry wrote:

its called racism.

Bingo!

pretty much
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Gunslinger

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:09 pm

FUCK Obama and every goddam fucking piece of shit self serving lying ass mother-fucking bullshitting media whore politician, and every cock sucking sheep altar worshipping doped dumb fuck voter who idolizes them.

They are not rock stars. They are not movie icons. What've they really done? Nothing but bullshit their way into power they use to make themselves rich and their families royalty.

As to his remarks about BM, that's all we need are more fucking nobles fucking up the peasant party that was 'against the man' to begin with. If anyone symbolizes the man more than anything it's a fucking president of the United States. Why not just invite all the corporate heads from around the country and the fucking prince of Saudi Arabia too. Maybe we could turn it into a fucking political summit with the UN taking over the rangers. Fuck it!

And while I'm at it, FUCK the Kardashians, people who say catsup instead of ketchup, and the Burner Express jacked ticket sales.

*Edit to add* That was a fairly decent post for #69

tatonka
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby tatonka » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 pm

its called racism.

I disagree from my point of view , I am half cree ( red ) and half german ( white ) , Obama is half African ( black ) and half white. We are both breeds , we have this in common. Yet I dislike him, and anything he has to say , his "its complicated' , sounds like we are to stupid to understand. I dont like Hillary even more , and Trump is not capable of leading . We are offered nothing with these choices , even if Bernie won , the real powers would let him do nothing , unless the people really get behind him. Kennedy was last great pres. and they got rid of him :(
" Make me strong , not to be superiour to my brothers , to fight my greatest enemy ....... myself . " Chief Dan George .

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:25 pm

It's interesting how different people totally hear it differently.

When I hear "it's complicated", I start listening more closely because he is about to share his perspective on whatever issue is being addressed.

I don't really care if someone thinks they are smarter or better than me (I don't necessarily see that in Obama) because I am confident in myself and my point of view.

So, no matter how beautifully he puts something - and he can really lay it on, I don't feel threatened by it. Because again, I have my own point of view and am confident in my convictions.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 pm

[highlight=yellow][highlight=yellow][/highlight][/highlight]
tatonka wrote:

its called racism.

I disagree from my point of view , I am half cree ( red ) and half german ( white ) , Obama is half African ( black ) and half white. We are both breeds , we have this in common. Yet I dislike him, and anything he has to say , his "its complicated' , sounds like we are to stupid to understand. I dont like Hillary even more , and Trump is not capable of leading . We are offered nothing with these choices , even if Bernie won , the real powers would let him do nothing, unless the people really get behind him. Kennedy was last great pres. and they got rid of him :(

exactly what happened to President Obama
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:39 pm

wow someone needs some fucking coffee today, right the fuck now
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Skuzzy61

Postby Skuzzy61 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:41 pm

ygmir wrote:It's an interesting discussion, this.
Great Presidents, have gone "to the people" to apply pressure to their congresscritters, and it has worked.

I see Obama as a narcissist, who knows "what's best" for us all, and feels we should just "fall in line", behind his brilliance.
He's also not alone, in being disrespected and or treated "unfairly" by the other side.

I thought it was interesting, but it seems Obama supporters only resort to calling anyone a racist who does not agree with them. Seems to be a bit superficial and judgmental to me lacking any real merit.

Yes, you brought up one of the tools the good leaders have used in the passed to get things done when they faced a Congress stacked against them.

Obama is intelligent, but he is not a good leader. I am not sure he is a narcissist. It's complicated. :)

The again, maybe we need to qualify perspectives so those who would judge, instead of discuss, might understand better.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Skuzzy61 wrote:
ygmir wrote:It's an interesting discussion, this.

I thought it was interesting, but it seems Obama supporters only resort to calling anyone a racist who does not agree with them. Seems to be a bit superficial and judgmental to me lacking any real merit.

Yes, you brought up one of the tools the good leaders have used in the passed to get things done when they faced a Congress stacked against them.

Obama is intelligent, but he is not a good leader. I am not sure he is a narcissist. It's complicated. :)

The again, maybe we need to qualify perspectives so those who would judge, instead of discuss, might understand better.

i for one was not calling YOU a racist but referencing the republicans in office who are quite frankly by their actions, words and inactions racist. get over yourself
Last edited by lucky420 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

I hear "he should use the bully pulpit"

Along with "he talks like a bully"

Return to “Articles”