Build and Burn Your Own Burning Man

2017 Art Theme: Radical Ritual
spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Build and Burn Your Own Burning Man

Post by spacetime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm

As per the recent blog entry, it looks like folks are welcome to build their own burning man this year.

I have never been in a position to pull together a project with an official burn, seeing things like embrace and the lighthouses as was way, way beyond the scope of my ability. But this announcement seems to be leveling the playing field a bit at least, in the sense that you can burn something within "the rules" of the event without near as much planning and forethought.

As a result, we're looking to bring out wood and nails and parts and things for a nominal man of our own. I was curious if anyone else is reacting to this with plans to bring extra wood parts and such to make their own man.

spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Build and Burn Your Own Burning Man

Post by spacetime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

HEY! No comments on build your own man? I think its a neat idea.

Well we plan to build a man to burn. Our man will be made out of wood and nails and things. We'll encourage others to help put him together and carry him out with us. Maybe we'll do our own little conclave jig before burninator.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Build and Burn Your Own Burning Man

Post by burner von braun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 pm

*sets down hammer, shade cloth, and blender*

Yep spacetime, that caught my eye too. Sunday morning isn't it? I'm glad to hear you're taking advantage of the opportunity! If I have a bit of time after I get my essential preparations, as well as the art stuff that I already have in progress done, I'd like to build a man to burn as well. Either way, it sounds like a fun event to attend.

Return to “Art Theme”