Cheese Maze 2.0

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
carefactornil
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Cheese Camp

Cheese Maze 2.0

Postby carefactornil » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:57 am

Hi all. If you liked our Cheese Maze 2.0 in 2016 you'll be pleased to know we're bringing another version back for 2017. Same basic idea and construction, just a different (even harder!?) layout.
If anyone wants to come in early and help with build then feel free to contact me. Pretty simple stuff with no special knowledge or skills needed. Probably head into BRC on the 24th.
If you missed 2016's maze and want to see what the build and finished thing looked like, can see it here:

VgKing
Burning Since: 2002

Re: Cheese Maze 2.0

Postby VgKing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 am

Wow, you guys had a great time. How long did it take you to complete the entire thing?

carefactornil

Postby carefactornil » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:53 am

If you mean build we did it over 3 days, starting with 7 and growing to about 21 people on day 3.
Solving the maze could be done in 10 mins or a couple of hours....

carefactornil

Postby carefactornil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:20 am

Hi,

If you already have a ticket and are looking for an art project to help build on, I might be able to take a couple more volunteers for this maze project. Looking for people to come in on Thurs 24th with a view to starting working at dawn on the 25th. Idea is to be done by end of 26th, although might overspill into Sunday a bit, depending on the unexpected.
Type of work ranges from the very physical (poles into ground, wood construction of bridges) to the more decorational, creating walls of string.
I can hopefully give you an Early Arrival pass so one plus is you get to beat the queue once event opens and you get to see parts of the city rise up around you. If you’re interested, let me know. Especially interested if you’re happy to bring an cordless impact driver with you! You’d need to look after yourself food/drink-wise during the build.
Questions welcome.

“Cheese” Simon

carefactornil

Postby carefactornil » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 am

Just a bump about my last post. If you would like to come in early (24th) and help with this project I currently have a spare couple of early arrival passes (or now the more appropriately named Work Access Pass)) for this as a couple of people have had to pull out.
If you've never been in early or helped out with an art build I heartily recommend it as a start to your burn - I can't imagine NOT doing BM this way now!
Questions always welcome.

"Cheese" Simon

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Postby Just_Joe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:02 am

carefactornil wrote:If you would like to come in early (24th) and help with this project I currently have a spare couple of early arrival passes

I'll go on record as saying Cheese's project builds are a blast. Sweat and blisters are well tempered with fun and camaraderie.
The provided food, drink and cheese are a bonus.

daisymaybee
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: SiliconVillage- BRC Tour of Homes

Postby daisymaybee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 am

Hey Cheezy folks-

My friend Workerbee and myself may be stopping by to help you guys on Thursday. I will bring an impact driver and hopefully find you on playa. We will have a couple of hours to kill before setting up our theme camp - Black Rock City Tour of Homes.
Any idea of where you will be setting up?

daisymaybee
daisymaybee

carefactornil

Postby carefactornil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 am

daisymaybee wrote:Any idea of where you will be setting up?
daisymaybee

Hi Daisymaybee!

Thanks for the offer to help and especially an impact driver!
Our crew will all enter BRC on the 24th, although probably at quite staggered times. The plan is to start build in earnest on Friday 25th at dawn. So Thursday is mainly "get in and set up" and we may not actually start much building then. Having said that, if we all get in to BRC in good time then we may well do some work in the afternoon on Thursday. The very best place to find our location will be at the Artery in case there's any last minute changes. But based on where our art support camp is located (Cheese Camp is at 2.45 & D), I'm kind of assuming for now that we'll be in a similar place to last year, i.e. about 1.30 & D (or as if D continued into the playa). At least some of us should be there from after lunchtime starting to get things in shape. Hope to see you out there - I'll probably be wearing something cheese-y and we'll have a Uhaul (or 2) out there if you want something to look out for.
Hope to see you out there and if not, then I hope you have fun in the maze later in the week!

Cheese

carefactornil

Postby carefactornil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 am

daisymaybee wrote:Hey Cheezy folks-

Any idea of where you will be setting up?

daisymaybee

Artery have confirmed at 1.35 & 3500' (so basically where D street would go out onto the playa). Similar location to last year.

LAmetalbender
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Rat trap

Postby LAmetalbender » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:25 pm

i'm bender. My glorious sh*thole of a soundcamp is located at 2:00 and A. We are actually a 24/7 spectacular hellhole bar with a mildly acceptable janky noise system. This means that my Camp Rat Trap is pretty much looking at the cheese maze 2.0. Cheese Maze....Rat Trap...hmmmm.

So you will get thirsty and tired and will need a place to rest and quietly bask in serenity while having your art installation built. Well the Rat Trap sure as hell offers none of that. We do have alcohol, cold beer, rock, metal, rap music and lots of it. Coffee too. We never close. We really don't have a plan so feel free to whatever.

Oh and if you need a handheld powered demolition hammer to help drive in those posts in the ground we got that.

I'll be rolling in Friday early.

Return to “Art & Performance”