Looking for artists to paint our new addition! Toyota Sunrader looking for some funk (:

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
KeenKeem
Burning Since: 2017

Looking for artists to paint our new addition! Toyota Sunrader looking for some funk (:

Postby KeenKeem » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello! I'm a first time burner, and I just bought a beautiful 85' Toyota Sunrader RV and I am interested in giving it some flair. I have always wanted to get an epic paint job, and why not at burning man? Is painting hard to do on the playa?
Would this interest anyone? I would be happy to gift paints and supplies and lots of water (:
Thanks!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Looking for artists to paint our new addition! Toyota Sunrader looking for some funk (:

Postby Token » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 am

It is really dry and hot out there so paint does funny things. Zero working time.

You also have to make sure ZERO paint is ever dropped on the playa. So tons of painters tarp nailed into the playa is mandatory.

The big risk is that your painting of an RV may attract tagging and graffiti, which may not be a good thing.

Return to “Art & Performance”