Photo Exchange Megathread!????!?

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
Burning Since: 2011

Photo Exchange Megathread!????!?

Postby melodiousdirge » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello all; this year was a bit different for me as for the first time I was experiencing it more from a performance artist point of view than ever before. I spent a LOT of time spinning fire, light sabers, and other LED props, and running around with various weird lighting schemes messing with people in the dark, and it was AWESOME.

Something I really didn't expect though was how many people would stop for photo ops and then run away without even saying hello. Several times during sunrise burns some photographers spent as much as half an hour getting angles and doing foreshortened telephoto shots with the sunrise - I bet they got some crazy good shots, but not a one of them stopped to give me a card or any way to check out their work.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this experience - can we make a thread (or maybe there is one somewhere already?) for photo exchanges? "Put your photos of strangers here" or something? Surely there is a way!
Beware teh snarkasm

Return to “Art & Performance”