Black "Bio-hazard" trucks

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
FlyingMonkey

Black "Bio-hazard" trucks

Postby FlyingMonkey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:59 am

What was the camp that had a bunch of black trucks with Bio-hazard symbols on them? The camp seemed pretty well organized & if they all traveled together in a convoy probably caused fear & panic to everyone who saw them. I thought it looked pretty cool but never ventured in to meet them.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Black "Bio-hazard" trucks

Postby burner von braun » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 am

FM, I think you may be referring to Pathogen Trackers camp, out of Florida. Apparently their convoy of Mutation Response Vehicles cause a bit of a stir whenever they travel cross-country to the burn; cacophony at it's best, haha! I haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet either.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 pm

burner von braun wrote:FM, I think you may be referring to Pathogen Trackers camp, out of Florida. Apparently their convoy of Mutation Response Vehicles cause a bit of a stir whenever they travel cross-country to the burn; cacophony at it's best, haha! I haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet either.

Yeah, they did a great job with their trucks. Looks real enough to make the average person head the opposite direction as fast as they can.

Love it!
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Postby maladroit » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

Cool trucks for sure, I saw them in person. You can join their camp next year, base price starts around $10,000 and you can add on options up to around $54,000 for the deluxe experience.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

maladroit wrote:Cool trucks for sure, I saw them in person. You can join their camp next year, base price starts around $10,000 and you can add on options up to around $54,000 for the deluxe experience.

Too rich for my blood & I have to sit next year out anyway.

So reading between the lines....are they a PNP or just bring really cool & expensive shit participation to the Playa?

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Postby maladroit » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:38 pm

It depends where we are, as a community, on path towards "They're a PnP which goes against most of our principles, but they bring really cool shit so I guess I'm OK with it."

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 am

3:30 and G is green on the moop map

It should be, they have a dedicated decontamination unit . . .
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”