2017 Camp

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
LucyHofmann
Burning Since: 2017

2017 Camp

Post by LucyHofmann » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Go on... say it! "This burn isnt over!" True but for years this has been a thing slowly creeping into my field of vision and this year ive had it. I saw the conseruxtion of MonkeyLove and i saw it trucked off and it broke my heart. Im going. 2017 its happening. Im a big time planner, prior service, maker.... blah blah. I wanna make a camp/village. We've got 4 people for sure, anyone else wanna join? Also looking for camp ideas!

shroom
Burning Since: 2010

Re: 2017 Camp

Post by shroom » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 pm

I haven't been since my first year in 2010. I'm planning for 2017 as well. I'll keep on eye on this post to see what you're planing.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero

Kammib513

Post by Kammib513 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 pm

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to BM 2017 as well. I don't know any other burners, but I would be nice to go with some other people. Keep me posted :)

singh3m
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: desi

Post by singh3m » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 am

Hi,
I live in UAE,
and this will be my first burn on 2017, I would love to join and contribute on your camp.
pls count me in.

Regards
Sing
One person’s #LOL is another’s #WTF.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:37 am

After the frantic "I must join a theme camp" rush of posts pre burn this year, I must say I find your radical self reliance to be a refreshing change.

Folks this is how you do it.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

sallycakes

Post by sallycakes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:59 am

Hi Guys
Just seen your post.
I have never been to Burning Man but would absolutely love to go next year and if you'll have me would love to join your camp.
My friends are not keen to go so for now it's just me all alone looking for tribe to foster me :)
I'm based in London currently but moving to Canada early next year.
Would love to help out and be involved in any prep work that is need just let me know what needs to be done.
Let me know
Sally

Tacticalburn

Post by Tacticalburn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Hey, my girl and I will be attending 2017 for our first time. We feel a little alone because we don't know anyone else that's even open to the idea of Burning Man. I would love to join a new camp. I think it would be a good environment for us. I'm also prior service as well and a big planner. We are our of Florida though. I will watch this thread. I'd love to contribute anything I can to the camp.
The fire that burns the man, comes from within him.

Malviris

Post by Malviris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 am

2017 will be my first burn and since everyone around me that i talk about BM has no clue and even after i describe it they aren't for it so im looking to join a camp if you are still open for members, i can help with prep and during the burn if needed.

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Chowski » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:27 pm

REQUEST FOR URGENT THEME CAMPING ASSISTANCE

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF VIRGINS INTO BURNING MAN WITH ART WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR CAMP THE SAID TRAPPED ARTISTS.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS THEME CAMPING WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON

Annalynnlucy

Post by Annalynnlucy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm

This will be my first burning man. I can't find anyone to go with so I'm looking for a camp :) I can help with whatever. I camp a lot and cook a lot too :)

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Annalynnlucy wrote:This will be my first burning man. I can't find anyone to go with so I'm looking for a camp :) I can help with whatever. I camp a lot and cook a lot too :)
Hi Annalynnlucy, your name has a nice flow to it :D welcome to eplaya. Let us know a little about you, what do you like, what makes you happy.
Pull up a chair, grab some popcorn and join the discussion (or not- there are a lot of lurkers), read some of the old threads to help prepare yourself for the experience of your life. Many people join camps but not everyone. If you come by yourself you will almost certainly find your neighbors are great people (or possibly assholes :o ). Camping with others is fine so is making friends on playa and enjoying your new friends.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Annalynnlucy

Post by Annalynnlucy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 am

Popeye wrote:
Annalynnlucy wrote:This will be my first burning man. I can't find anyone to go with so I'm looking for a camp :) I can help with whatever. I camp a lot and cook a lot too :)
Hi Annalynnlucy, your name has a nice flow to it :D welcome to eplaya. Let us know a little about you, what do you like, what makes you happy.
Pull up a chair, grab some popcorn and join the discussion (or not- there are a lot of lurkers), read some of the old threads to help prepare yourself for the experience of your life. Many people join camps but not everyone. If you come by yourself you will almost certainly find your neighbors are great people (or possibly assholes :o ). Camping with others is fine so is making friends on playa and enjoying your new friends.

Hi Popeye! Let's see... I'm 22 and have always been a bit of a wild child but grew up in a very conservative home and town (northern Utah haha) I love the outdoors, hiking camping and just being a nut in general. Burning man has always looked amazing but my mom would always tell me not to go - surprisingly we lived in Reno for a while and she's been around the area for burning man. I think it sounds beautiful. It sounds like the perfect place to truly find yourself and meet others who feel like you.

I'm a bit nervous that I'll end up going alone. But I'm determined.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:31 am

Welcome to ePlaya. Don't be afraid to go it alone. If you really want to meet others before the burn look for local events. Finding a camp is much more likely if you get out and meet people face to face. In the San Francisco area we have building spots and large Burner groups that meet once a month or more. Where do you live?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:16 am

Mod note: Moved to Theme Camps and Villages as that is a better fit than the Building forum. I encourage future posters looking for camps to post in People Seeking Camps rather than this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=507&t=79571

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:47 pm

If you still live in Utah, there's a pretty extensive burner community there. Hell, they're all over, wherever you may live. Other than knowing someone already, one of the best way to find a camp is to network with people at the local events.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:48 pm

I live in Northern Utah ...

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:16 am

AntiM wrote:I live in Northern Utah ...
Well of course you! :lol:

I was directing that at Annalynnlucy... the reply of which was 10+ days old. I really should've used quotes to avoid confusion.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:40 am

Confusion is fun!

naman_navraj88

Post by naman_navraj88 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

hi i am naman from india i plan to come to brc this year and its my first burn there is no reigenal happening in my country i want to join a camp i can help set up and donate and do anything asked what can i do please some guidance would be helpfull

naman_navraj88

Post by naman_navraj88 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:46 am

i am a vrigin burner from india planning to do a solo trip to brc this year , i will be coming via amsterdam or london , i dont know much about u.s.a as it will be my first trip, but i know all there is out there about burning man from 10 principles to how it is a different experience for every different person , i want to experience that, , as there is no official regeional gathering happening anywhere near my country or in my country, its really hard to get in touch with people from india who have been there, none the less , i have decided that i will come this year alone , if anyone has a place in a camp please let me know , i have done theater for fifteen years of my life , i have a restaurant, i can also be helpful in construction overlooking, cook, clean, anything , and yes i can talk all day all night about anything in this world , from stars to life to something as bissare as the double rainbow guys, anyways it would be great if i get any guidance , because i have no idea how will i be able to take all that survival gear from here to there water, and all, i can donate upto 250 dollars to any camp , and would love to be a part of the community. e playa help me

DerbyDave 18
Burning Since: 2015

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi guy! Assuming I get a ticket this will be my third time attending. I've hitched rides with people both times but camped on my own. This year I would like to be in a camp if i can find one. I live in Los Angeles. I'm thinking it might be a good idea for people coming from far away to meet here and car pool to BM. It's a 9 hour drive. Not bad at all. If not I still would like to get in a camp.

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”