People Seeking Camps 2017

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
creamy_coconut
Burning Since: 2006

Re: People Seeking Camps 2017

Postby creamy_coconut » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Hey new friends, I’m still open to finding myself camping with you...if that might be a possibility, read on!

I’m looking for: people to have next level surreal adventures, belly laughs and dialogue with. I also really like learning new things.
My experience with BM: This will be my 5th year. I like playa hacks and read all the packing lists I can find because nerd, post apocalyptic fun, and mcguyvering tickles my fancy. I’ll arrive with homemade candy bacon and revel in your delight at the sweet salty goodness of fatty meat on playa. I body paint. I work at Medical as a Greeter. I’ve been known to day walk and I like sharing food.

What I am bringing: A big tent (10x16ish), two hammocks, an inflatable vulva chair (you know what I’m talking’ about! Wherein the people run around in circles to inflate it), a tea collection, a box of tools to jury rig things, wearable air conditioning, and possibly too many coats.

Gracie
Burning Since: 2017

from Ecuador x 2

Postby Gracie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 pm

We are 2 girls, first time burners looking to joing a camp . We come from Ecuador and are super exited with the oportunity to go to Black Rock City and get to know the culture :)
We are happy to help in the camp with a anything needed like cooking, cleaning and organizing.
As first timers we would like to find people that help us to have an awsome experience <3

deiudju

Postby deiudju » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello there,

My name is Andrei and I am a 1st time burner from Romania, currently living in San Francisco. I am very enthusiastic to live an experience the Burning Man for the 1st time. I have a lot of skills in the most various field, therefore if your camp need a handy guy who knows a lot of jokes, just send me a postal pigeon and I will get back at you with the speed of light!

My camping gear contains a tent, a canopy and a motorcycle and I will be on the playa from Wed 08/30 to Sun 9/3.

See you soon on the playa.

PLUR

whizfizzler

Postby whizfizzler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey family,
Myself and one other have already joined a camp, but due to a relationship breakdown are looking at the very real probability we should move camps. We are two creatives, one of us a DJ and producer, both with desirable skills that can be utilised around a theme camp; Especially relating to audio/visual.
Two silly, mooper trooper, non- drama llama burner babes who just wanna have a great time... and some shade and showers if possible.
<3

santiagoM

Postby santiagoM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:09 am

Greetings, everyone!

We are a Spanish and French couple joining to burning for the first time. We live in Paris, la ville de l’amour, and because some friends cried off at last minute we are looking for a camp where to join :). We also consider the free camp option but being the first time we are both very curious about the camp experience.

We are an architect and a designer, we have good conversation, we know how to cook paella and make some mean (vegan) crepes. We are planning to bring our own RV (btw, can we camp with an RV in the Free camp area?), full of useable and useless stuff (WATER water water), and we could bring anything required to complete any camp theme if asked. We are also very handy and could help with any installation.

If you are looking for new members in your camp or if you are interested in doing a small camp with us we are open to both alternatives. We want to have a great time in BM and help people around so they can have an even better experience.

Thanks a lot and see you in a couple of weeks.

Love and hugs!

Roxbury
Burning Since: 2015

Postby Roxbury » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

We just decided to attend a couple of days ago and have located an RV and tickets. Now, we would like to be part of a fun camp, meet a lot of people, and contribute to the camp's construction or disengagement. There are two of us. We are both from New York, dual nationals (USA/Italy and USA/Taiwan), and old enough to realize that we need to squeeze as much out of life as possible - - - it's way too short. I am a second time Burner.

Call me (914.584.6621) should you have a place or just write to me!

Winkingwino
Burning Since: 2016

Is there a camp for procrastinators?

Postby Winkingwino » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:16 am

Hello all you young and old souls,

I'm a 2nd year burner and will be coming up on the BXB this year. I'm looking to join a group of fun people, who don't take anything too seriously, but who are overall responsible, kind, and fun to be with. I'm a Temple volunteer, but am willing to help out around camp as well. I give Karma Readings, make great coffee, and smile a lot!

If you have room, please hit me up!

w/gratitude,
Winkingwino
ensign@comcast.net

11659487_113167992358036_7365305062263363241_n.jpg
11659487_113167992358036_7365305062263363241_n.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 1788 times

Krekerus

Postby Krekerus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 am

Hello! I am delighted to attend burning man this year! This is my first time on Playa. And together with my friends Andrey and Anton we are looking for a camp to join. We are from Kyiv, Ukraine. We eager to became a part of this fantastic world festival in Playa desert, to dive in the ocean of art, music and talented people.

We are energetic and fun guys and we would be glad to contribute to the commune of a camp. We understand that there may be required payment for the participation.

Please let us know if we could join your camp this year in PM or at andreikrv@gmail.com

dack

Postby dack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello! Traveling from Austin, Texas this year. I'm looking for some place to call home for a week. I do have a vehicle pass and was looking for a camp with some excellent people to experience the playa with. It is 2nd time to Burning Man have been to many regionals. Last time I was at Burning Man was in 2011. I am willing to help out with projects, kitchen etc... If there is something I can assist with please don't hesitate to ask. I also have room for one person driving round trip.

jantanws

Virgin Burner Sunny Singapore - looking for camp!

Postby jantanws » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Burners
Wanted to introduce myself - I come from Sunny Singapore, been living in NYC for the last 2 years.
I've been wanting to go for burning man and the stars have finally aligned for me to make it this year, albeit a little late.

I work in food entrepreneurship (my company operates food markets) and I'm generally really big on food - it's a source of national pride.
I've also done quite a bit of traveling - 69 countries to be exact - and like good design and urban planning.
The last thing that I love (which unfortunately does not exist in the playa) is scuba diving. It inspires you to realize how beautiful our world and its animals are.

I'M LOOKING FOR A CAMP - I can offer cooking skills, any manual labor set up, I can teach Mandarin and Singlish (hah!) and tell you more about all the places I've been to or let me know what you need!

Thank you
Janice

shaninvaders

Postby shaninvaders » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 pm

hi, burners!

We're a couple from China, first time to bm. We love art and cooking and we can do cooking, cleaning, visual design and try our best to help with the camp needs! We'll bring an VR project to the camp also, hope everyone will enjoy~~~!!! :o

For short, after research we found that we have to carry too many gears to bm, and it's to hard and too expensive to carry them all to the US. :oops: We'll fly to the US and rent a suv to BRC. We'll bring a backpacking tent, so that would be nice if the camp can provide a shade for the tent in desert.

We know it's too late to ask, but hope there is camp still need people and we sounds like the camp needs.
Thank you!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Uncle_Mephisto1987

Postby Uncle_Mephisto1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:13 am

Hey everyone

Two first time Burners from UK here, looking forward to seeing what it's all about and getting down and dusty out in the desert. On the lookout for a camp that has need of two enthusiastic and hard working peeps with diverse skillsets.

I'm a communications person in my day life, but by night am a climber and mountain rescue volunteer, so am good at working in multiskilled groups who get things done in tight timeframes. In past lives I've been a bartender, dry stone wall and footpath builder, and love both listening to and telling stories.

My partner is a super shit together artist, techy and project manager with skills in time travel - or so it seems to me - as she manages to spin the plates of art commissions and scary IT projects without breaking a sweat. She was decor lead at London Decompression in 2016, and has a long track record of event logistics, management and exhibition organising. In one of her previous lives she was an artist blacksmith, so if welding is a camp necessity she's got your back.

If your camp needs any of these skills, or is simply looking for two people to help out and be part of the landscape during Burning Man, then hit me up. I'm volunteering for lamplighters and she's doing the same for the Black Rock observatory, and we're also really keen to be part of a community at a camp that needs or wants us. if nothing else we can cook you good food - we're both active, healthy, hearty eating people and spend much of our leisure time camping and touring so camp kitchens of all kinds are normal for us.

We're arriving in to san fran on the 22nd, with vehicle pass. if you need some hit the ground running help on your setup, we can help - and could get there a day or two early although we would need you to provide us with an early work pass.

Thanks and see ya there!

Rafe & Rachel
+44 7584 261 357
raosborne@hotmail.co.uk

aFoN

Postby aFoN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am

Hi, everyone.
I'm a last minutes virgin burner too, and might I join in with you?
Here's a short introduction of me:
-Man from Shanghai, China.
-Experienced sound engineer, also good at electricity issues.
-GYM trainer, known lots of massage and stretching skills very well.

Johanna Wendy

Low Income ticket holder, virgin and overseas girl looking for a chilled camp

Postby Johanna Wendy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm

..still not sure...

First timer from Germany with a low income ticket, really last minute decision (booked my flight a few hours ago, kind of overwhelmed with all the planning and stuff).

It's totally crazy.
There are moments, where I'm really afraid of all the stuff I have to figure out.
But that's why I know that I 'have to do' it.

To overcome my fear.
Step out of my comfort zone and simply make it happen.

One of my 'skills' is motivating people and treating every single individual like a 'precious'.
I'm a little bit nerdy but a girl who would bend her knees for the people she loves.
I'm always there...on my way to my inner core...and I'm convinced that every single person on my way brings me closer to the best version i want to be...

be a part of my progress...a part of myself...

<3

nitzan
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby nitzan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:16 pm

hi, burners!

Hi, this is my first year on bernng man!!
I'm interested in being part of camp for this years 2017. I have my ticket. i love art music and producing events thats makes people happy!.
i will be happy to help with everything and do the best for the camp needs, I don’t shy away from hard work! !
I’m excited to meet awesome people who will make this a truly mind-blowing experience!

i know it's too late to ask, but hope there is camp still need people:)
[b]
Thank you!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️[/b]

prtcl_bored

Looking to Join a Gay/Gay-Friendly Camp

Postby prtcl_bored » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Hey: Looking for a chill camp with guys (and gals), located near the other queer camps. Easygoing guy here, looking to have a good time--also have no problem working around camp. If your camp currently has openings, or you know of one that does, I'd really be interested in learning more. Thanks, JD

playapoppet
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp LaCenta

Handy, capable female Reno-ite seeks new camp!

Postby playapoppet » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi there!

About me:

- I am good with power tools
- good with welding
- compassionate
- good at fixing stuff
- this will be my sixth year
- poly
- already got my ticket and car pass
- vegetarian
- live in Reno
- not 'from' Reno
- can juggle and do numerous amounts of various circus skills
- last year spent a large amount of time contributing to a gigantic piece of art on playa that you definitely saw if you went last year :)
- looking for a new camp. I've changed a lot since 2012.
- radical empath
- love cats and dogs and rodents and all the animals (irrelevant I know)
- I don't drink but I also don't care if you do
- sex positive
- often naked
- drive stick
- positive attitude

What I can bring to your camp:

- hardworking
- physically able
- good at welding and power tools
- good at building and fixing things
- work well with others
- super reliable
- reads all the things
- arts and crafts!

Things I am looking to avoid in a camp:

- very large amounts of snark
- environmental un-friendliness (e.g. bring disposable plates because you can't be bothered to wash up)
- super messy
- sexism/super-objectification of women
- extreme heteronormativity or any homophobia

If it sounds like I can help and would fit in, please do message me. :)

ihascookies

Postby ihascookies » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Hey Burners, I just got a last-minute ticket and looking to join a camp.

me in bullet points:
- first time burner, spontaneous, positive
- would love to help out in any way I can!
- I value empathy and really understanding one another
- dislike small talk and love having real talk
- Canadian, but move every 4 months because I love to travel but also want to build communities whenever I'm in a new city.
- loves science, music, social entrepreneurship, doing improv, swimming, and reading

Looking forward to seeing you all!

gareth

Postby gareth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey everyone, I had a last-minute ticket show up unexpectedly in my life, and I'm looking for a fun group of people to camp with for my first burning man!

A bit about me:
- Canadian, friendly and polite, outgoing, software engineer
- split my time between San Francisco and Toronto
- into music, plays the violin and several other instruments
- loves to meditate, play ultimate frisbee, run, and read non-fiction
- has cool dreadlocks so you'll never lose me in a crowd

What can I contribute:
- Hardworking, tall, strong, physically capable, and I handle heat well
- friendly atmosphere, good conversation, philosophizing
- Happy to take on camp duties and learn from you about surviving on the playa
- Whatever you specifically need! I want to be a strong contributor to whatever theme you have going :)

Hope I can camp with you!

caine1985
Burning Since: 2014

Postby caine1985 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Radically Self Reliant, 2nd time burner looking for a place to tie up my hammock tent, participate and pay camp dues. I plan to be out and about exploring 90% of the time.

32, Male (if that matters to you) , Positive, minimalist, looking to meditate, yoga, explore, adventure, skate, bike ride, zipline, trash fence,

Looking for a camp, a ride from San Francisco, a ticket (as of 8/22) Will be in SF on Thursday

I can pay dues, help with driving (i drove a 26ft box truck from NC to BRC 2015), set up a tent and more!

Contact info pmid85@gmail.com
Attachments
IMG_0567-Edit.jpg

sholeh123
Camp Name: In search of camp!

Postby sholeh123 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 am

Hi everyone!

Virgin burner from the Bay Area seeking camp for 1. I am low maintenance and bringing supplies which I am willing to share. Mostly looking for laughs, good friends, and even better times.

Warmly,

Sholeh

Malcominthemiddle

Postby Malcominthemiddle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:32 am

Hi, can't tell you how by some miracle that a ticket has found its way into my hands this week. I'm coming solo from Ontario, Canada but this will be my second Burn. I will be self-reliant with all food, water, tent, etc but I am looking to join a camp.

About Me
-25/Male
-Respectful
-Canadian ehhh....
-Lived in Los Angeles 2011-16
-Master's student now
-Good with tools, cooking, fixing things.
-Adventure things I do outside of the Burn are snowboarding, ocean sailing, and 4x4 overlanding
-I have a open mind, but am not overbearing or loud in any manner
-Someone who will certainly pay their share of dues and beyond.

Giving Eplaya a shot, and hoping I can reach out to someone.

Playa wizard

Postby Playa wizard » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 am

Hey I had a friend drop so I have a extra space in my rv. Anyone looking to split costs .... very cheap by rv standards hit me up ... I'm driving in from sacremento on Monday

29 year old male originally from Nebraska but have lived d in NYC for the past 10 years

trilobyte wrote:For those who are new to the community and not sure how to proceed, I strongly suggest that you take the initiative and try to find your own camp. We all understand that getting to Burning Man, especially in that very first year, can be really hard. When you read about Burning Man and the Ten Principles, one of them is radical self reliance. Sure, there are lots of ways to read or interpret that, but in a nutshell you will call upon yourself to figure out a lot of ridiculous stuff ("the rainbow tutu, or the bee costume?") and do more than you might have ever thought you could. You might have already hit that milestone - but out of all the crazy stuff you have to figure out for Burning Man, figuring out your camp isn't that hard. You have three basic options:

1. You can camp by yourself! You all by yourself, or you and your group of however many friends, can go camping and survive and have a great Burning Man experience. Thousands of burners do just that every year, and they have an amazing burn.
  2. You can start your own camp! It doesn't have to be a theme camp, or your theme could be any shared interest ("Naked Margarita Camp" is just one of a billion ideas to choose from). Sure, some camps work all year to build their stuff, but you can come up with an idea in no time and invite other like-minded people to join you.
  3. You can join somebody else's camp! The best reason to join another camp is because 'holy crap they sound awesome and I want to be a part of that!' but you may also have reservations about doing #1 or #2. If it's your first time out there, one of the best ways to learn about doing things is to join another camp and get involved and learn from them...or any number of other totally valid reasons. So don't feel bad about having a strong desire to be part of a larger group.

If you're looking at joining a camp, there are two main ways to go about it. The radically self reliant approach would be to take a look at the camps out there and find something that resonates with you, and then reach out to that group. You're going to find information about camps in two main places. First is the message board you're on right now... ePlaya. Early in the season the pickings may seem pretty slim, but as camps start to figure out what they're planning for 2017 they'll start posting about it. Look through the threads, and if something jumps out at you as cool, exciting, or fun... then post a reply. Or better yet, click on the PM button next to the thread starter's message to send them a private message. At this late stage of the game, many camps and camp leaders aren't checking the boards that regularly, so sending a private message to express your interest sends them a notification, an typically gets a faster response. The other place to find a list of camps is the partial list of 2016 theme camps. It has a list of all the camps who filled out placement questionnaires and chose to make their information public. Holy crap, that list is huge, and it's exhaustive to read it all, but it's also a lot of fun to see what people build and bring to Burning Man. Sometime in May/June a similar list will likely be posted for the 2017 event, but last year's list can be a good place to start. Find something interesting, then fire up an internet search engine and find that camp. Many have web sites or Facebook pages or some kind of internet presence. If they don't, that's probably a strong sign that they're not recruiting for new members anyways - but if you can find them you can reach out to ask. Tell them how you discovered them, and why you're interested and ask if they're planning to return in 2017 and would be willing to consider having you join. Speaking personally as a person who organizes a camp, a camp leader is more likely to be moved by someone with a genuine interest rather than a generic post.

Failing the above, yeah you can post a 'Seeking Camp' post, but to some it suggest that you may be lacking in initiative or radical self reliance... which is probably not your intention. It is understandable though - you may be new, or your plans may have fallen through, or it all just seems too overwhelming. Take a moment, maybe even two, a couple deep breaths, and go. You can do this.

Mod Note: anyone feeling the need to post their own plea in hopes of a camp seeking them out and adopting them... should post it here. Camps that would like to respond to posters in this board should do so by using the private message or email button under the poster's name - don't post camp adverts or responses here as they will be removed.

uncaughtException

Postby uncaughtException » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Just landed from Starbase, to the Starfleet Command in San Francisco and looking for a camp to join and possibly shuttle with to BRC.
I am a descendent of Lieutenant Geordi. I enjoy hiking moon canyons, surfing electromagnetic waves, and dodging plasmonic bullets.
On Earth I am a neuroscientist, electrical engineer, artist, & yogi. I can contribute to building forts, making light experiences, cooking really good pizza(Italian taught), and jamming with the guitar. Especially interested in co-creating mind expanding and heart warming experiences with a crew of fun-spirits. Let me know!
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (53.29 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

doublem1229

Postby doublem1229 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Is there still room?? Do you have more details? We were going to sleep in a van but an RV would be great. Thanks!!

quote="Playa wizard"]Hey I had a friend drop so I have a extra space in my rv. Anyone looking to split costs .... very cheap by rv standards hit me up ... I'm driving in from sacremento on Monday

29 year old male originally from Nebraska but have lived d in NYC for the past 10 years

trilobyte wrote:For those who are new to the community and not sure how to proceed, I strongly suggest that you take the initiative and try to find your own camp. We all understand that getting to Burning Man, especially in that very first year, can be really hard. When you read about Burning Man and the Ten Principles, one of them is radical self reliance. Sure, there are lots of ways to read or interpret that, but in a nutshell you will call upon yourself to figure out a lot of ridiculous stuff ("the rainbow tutu, or the bee costume?") and do more than you might have ever thought you could. You might have already hit that milestone - but out of all the crazy stuff you have to figure out for Burning Man, figuring out your camp isn't that hard. You have three basic options:

1. You can camp by yourself! You all by yourself, or you and your group of however many friends, can go camping and survive and have a great Burning Man experience. Thousands of burners do just that every year, and they have an amazing burn.
  2. You can start your own camp! It doesn't have to be a theme camp, or your theme could be any shared interest ("Naked Margarita Camp" is just one of a billion ideas to choose from). Sure, some camps work all year to build their stuff, but you can come up with an idea in no time and invite other like-minded people to join you.
  3. You can join somebody else's camp! The best reason to join another camp is because 'holy crap they sound awesome and I want to be a part of that!' but you may also have reservations about doing #1 or #2. If it's your first time out there, one of the best ways to learn about doing things is to join another camp and get involved and learn from them...or any number of other totally valid reasons. So don't feel bad about having a strong desire to be part of a larger group.

If you're looking at joining a camp, there are two main ways to go about it. The radically self reliant approach would be to take a look at the camps out there and find something that resonates with you, and then reach out to that group. You're going to find information about camps in two main places. First is the message board you're on right now... ePlaya. Early in the season the pickings may seem pretty slim, but as camps start to figure out what they're planning for 2017 they'll start posting about it. Look through the threads, and if something jumps out at you as cool, exciting, or fun... then post a reply. Or better yet, click on the PM button next to the thread starter's message to send them a private message. At this late stage of the game, many camps and camp leaders aren't checking the boards that regularly, so sending a private message to express your interest sends them a notification, an typically gets a faster response. The other place to find a list of camps is the partial list of 2016 theme camps. It has a list of all the camps who filled out placement questionnaires and chose to make their information public. Holy crap, that list is huge, and it's exhaustive to read it all, but it's also a lot of fun to see what people build and bring to Burning Man. Sometime in May/June a similar list will likely be posted for the 2017 event, but last year's list can be a good place to start. Find something interesting, then fire up an internet search engine and find that camp. Many have web sites or Facebook pages or some kind of internet presence. If they don't, that's probably a strong sign that they're not recruiting for new members anyways - but if you can find them you can reach out to ask. Tell them how you discovered them, and why you're interested and ask if they're planning to return in 2017 and would be willing to consider having you join. Speaking personally as a person who organizes a camp, a camp leader is more likely to be moved by someone with a genuine interest rather than a generic post.

Failing the above, yeah you can post a 'Seeking Camp' post, but to some it suggest that you may be lacking in initiative or radical self reliance... which is probably not your intention. It is understandable though - you may be new, or your plans may have fallen through, or it all just seems too overwhelming. Take a moment, maybe even two, a couple deep breaths, and go. You can do this.

Mod Note: anyone feeling the need to post their own plea in hopes of a camp seeking them out and adopting them... should post it here. Camps that would like to respond to posters in this board should do so by using the private message or email button under the poster's name - don't post camp adverts or responses here as they will be removed.
[/quote]

J-2X88
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Dutch couple looking for camp, VJ/projection mapping skills

Postby J-2X88 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:02 pm

dorus wrote:Hello! We’re a dutch couple seeking a camp that provides some amenities, ideally shade, a bike and at least one meal a day. We’re BM Virgins but have been to Nowhere in Spain a couple of times.

I’m a light sculpting artist and i'm thinking of bringing a small projection mapped light sculpture i made, to add something very cool the deco of the camp. Also I can do VJ shifts or projection map something if equipment is provided.

We’re happy to help with cooking and other camp activities of course and I understand that the fee may be more than others because of our wishes.

Oh and when infused with sufficient booze I tend to do pretty memorable break-dance performances.

Dorus & Irene

Hey.. have you found the right fit!?

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”