People Seeking Camps 2017

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
mikimarchio
Burning Since: 1989

Re: People Seeking Camps 2017

Postby mikimarchio » Wed May 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi all!

My name is Mike and I work in Google London.

Some colleagues and I are coming to BM this year. We are very excited and have people in the group that have been already so we know what to (not) expect. At this point it’s 10 of us but we know that it’s not easy to find a camp that has place for all of us. We are very open to meet new people, help the community and contribute to the camp but are starting to fear that we might have to camp on our own (not the end of the world, but also not the real community experience that we were looking for).
At this point even just an advice on how you suggest us to do would be great. I appreciate that it’s quite late at this point but I still think that with a bit of work we could find something.

Thanks for any info you might have!!

Mike

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

10 of you IS a camp, why "fear" that??
You will have plenty of community experience. You're not confined to your own camp all week. Go out, see stuff, do stuff, meet lots of people, it'll be awesome.
You're worrying about a problem that doesn't exist.

In fact, I'd say you'll have LESS community experience if you hang around your own camp all the time.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

tyburton2
Burning Since: 2017

First time burner (and a couple 2 timers) looking for a camp

Postby tyburton2 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:40 am

Hey guys!

I finally got a ticket and time off of work to go to Burning Man, I've been dying to go for years. I'm going with two close female friends that have been to BM the past 2 years. They have been going with a small group who decided not to go this year, so now we are trying to find a camp. Is this the right place to do that? I'm a 32 year old UX Designer working at a creative agency and living in Venice, CA. My friends are two beautiful girls, both very professionally successful, hilarious, fun and open minded.

Let me know if anyone has room in their camp or advice for us, thanks!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: First time burner (and a couple 2 timers) looking for a camp

Postby AntiM » Mon May 22, 2017 7:28 am

tyburton2 wrote:Hey guys!

I finally got a ticket and time off of work to go to Burning Man, I've been dying to go for years. I'm going with two close female friends that have been to BM the past 2 years. They have been going with a small group who decided not to go this year, so now we are trying to find a camp. Is this the right place to do that? I'm a 32 year old UX Designer working at a creative agency and living in Venice, CA. My friends are two beautiful girls, both very professionally successful, hilarious, fun and open minded.

Let me know if anyone has room in their camp or advice for us, thanks!

Mod note: I moved your post to People Seeking Camps as that is a better fit. Have a look through last year's camps, see if their focus is something you could contribute to, contact them and see if they are returning or recruiting.

What can you offer a camp? Why do you want one, rather than camp on your own?
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

unicycled
Burning Since: 2014

camps?

Postby unicycled » Mon May 22, 2017 5:56 pm

hey all, looking to possibly join a camp this year?
anybody need hands and stuff?
Last edited by unicycled on Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sham

Re: camps?

Postby Sham » Mon May 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey Unicycled. Welcome to eplaya.
Tell us a bit about yourself. You know, the who, what why stuff, so possible someone with a camp may want to adopt you.
Sham....

unicycled

Postby unicycled » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm 24, kind, I enjoy helping, I like to dance and make people laugh. I'm organized.

unicycled

Postby unicycled » Mon May 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Also, my first time using this forum. Sorry!

Sham

Postby Sham » Mon May 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Where are you from? Do you like ice cream and puppies. Is your favorite color green?
Have you ever ridden a unicycle. Are you a diabetic?
I can't think of any other questions. Help me here. :shock:

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon May 22, 2017 6:26 pm

I always thought the best way to join a camp was to go to BRC, make friends, and then figure out who you wanted to camp with.
More like a burner, less like a tourist booking accommodations.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

I have hands but thanks for asking.

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Kitfox

Postby Kitfox » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 am

Hi, am a creative (product/ux designer) living in San Francisco seeking a camp :) I am an artist and can help with painting, sketching or any endeavors that might require some visual artistic skill, or might need a helping hand; also looking for camps that might have workshops or speakers. Am looking for folks who love to explore ideas, knowledge, thoughtful and creative discussion as much as I do and hope to find a good fit for my time on the Playa. Thank you!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 am

unicycled wrote:hey all, looking to possibly join a camp this year?
anybody need hands and stuff?

Welcome Unicycled.

As you can see, I have moved your post and the replies to People Seeking Camps, because that is a better fit. Greeter's is for introducing yourself.

So, what do you offer a camp? Why would you be a good fit? What do you want to do in BRC?
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

tomas543210

Postby tomas543210 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi, I am Birgin, first time 53 years old. I am seeking middle of the road camp, if there is such a thing? I have my own set up, truck, pop-up camper, small trailer, shade structures, and carport, and bike. Plan to have solar power. I practice radical self reliance, and carry a pack on my back every day. I plan on bringing art and gifts. I read tarot, offer ceremony, drink tea, offer to be a sitter for those who have challenging psychedelic experiences. I have wilderness first responder background. I live in the present and do not judge folks quickly. I also set boundries and can say no. I have had many of my own outrageous trips, thank you. I laugh often and am seeking to connect with others. Oh, and I build shit, work with my hands, and like to cook, a doer of life. I am wanting to make the most of my Burningman experience as age allows, which is a fucking lot. I have applied for a low income ticket and am waiting for a response. Its May 23rd. Blessings.

hsdavis

Postby hsdavis » Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 pm

You young 'uns really crack me up. You'll find people easily 30 years older than you.
Prepare the best you can and come with an open mind.
Don't forget to read the First Timer's Guide and the Preparation Guide.

See you in the dust. :D

ediblesprysky
Burning Since: 2016

Postby ediblesprysky » Sun May 28, 2017 11:00 am

Hey everybody!

My partner and I solo camped last year and had a great time, but we're hoping to join a camp this year for an even more community-oriented experience.

About us: I'm 28F, and in the default world, I'm a classical musician; that's going to be my contribution to the Playa once again this year. (I'm playing the Rite of Spring with the Playa Players Collective on Wednesday evening. Look out for us--it's going to be EPIC.) My partner is 40M and IRL a college professor, and he's hoping to get involved with the Census and maybe give a couple lectures at Center Camp in future years. He's more experienced; he's been to the Burn four times, I believe. We're poly, but not planning to bring any other partners at the moment. And we're open to 420 and all those kinds of things, although last year we didn't really encounter any and we don't consider it a *necessary* part of our Burn. We're planning to arrive on Sunday and stay through the Man burning, but we're driving, so it's flexible. We both understand radical self-reliance and we're not afraid to get dirty and dusty and tired contributing to a camp any way we're needed. We're also not afraid to make fools of ourselves ;)

We'd ideally like a camp with a shower and maybe a few communal meals, and probably one a reasonable distance away from the 2 o'clock sound camps (because last year we did enjoy being able to sleep). I've also been doing a LOT of yoga this year, so I wouldn't mind if that were a part of the camp, or if there were other people in the camp willing to join me. Otherwise, we just want a fun camp with good people. Hopefully that should be easy to find :)

See you on the Playa!!!

XaOs
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ASTRO SHACK JaVa JoINt

Postby XaOs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Kitfox wrote:Hi, am a creative (product/ux designer) living in San Francisco seeking a camp :) I am an artist and can help with painting, sketching or any endeavors that might require some visual artistic skill, or might need a helping hand; also looking for camps that might have workshops or speakers. Am looking for folks who love to explore ideas, knowledge, thoughtful and creative discussion as much as I do and hope to find a good fit for my time on the Playa. Thank you!

Hi Kitfox,

Welcome! Do you love coffee? Are you an early riser? I ask because we (ASTRO SHACK JaVa JoINt) are a morning coffee camp. But perhaps not like you might think. It's a kind of an alien beatnik coffee house with a retrofuturist sci-fi theme. Think more like a Cafe Wha? by way of Forbidden Planet and less like a Starbucks with canned atmosphere. We have seating for 13, outlaw poetry on the tables and outsider art on the walls, wild tunes (bebop jazz and surf rock) and a small stage (8' wide x 4' deep x 2' high) for spoken word and live music. We encourage and enable reading & writing & drawing & discussion with supplied materials and an intellectually stimulating, information-dense environment. We're a low-production, high-interaction operation. People come and stay for hours. "Working" at the Shack is more like hanging out and drinking java with interesting acquaintances than like working behind a counter - our thing is serving great coffee (fresh ground dark roast French press) in a welcoming space with gracious hospitality.

If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, let me know.
"We have nothing to offer anybody, except our own confusion - and coffee!"
- Jack "Space Cat" Kerouac

Gypsylove1212

Re: People Seeking Camps 2017 - Yoga Instructor

Postby Gypsylove1212 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey Burners

2017 BM wil be my first time burn. Craazy because my friends have been going for years but I finally manifested a low income ticket. I guess having a low income has one perch. :wink: It will be my boyfriend and I flying over to BM from Miami. And as I know it is definitely possible to camp alone, since its our first BM, I am really feeling that camping with a Yoga or Meditation themed camp would strike us as a better option.

I would love to contribute coffee drinks and guided meditations and Vinyasa, Power Yoga, and Yin classes at the playa. ( (and my playlists are a fuse of spiritual, dubby soul lifting jams =) =) )) sometimes we all just need a mid day stretch and move to get the second energy wave going. We would love to contribute to a camp that is open and has extra space for me and him along with our little set up.

I am in the process of trying to reach out to those camps that are listed from 2016, but not all of them have contact info.
If you, or someone you know may have a camp that sparks this vibe, please let me know!

xo
Gab
@_gypsy_love
gabbcohen@gmail.com

SethCaplan

Two Enthusiastic Virgins Looking for a Camp!

Postby SethCaplan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Hello!!

My name is Seth. I'm a brand new Virgin heading to BM with my wonderful friend Tegan.

I've been wanting to go to BM for a long time, and this year the stars lined up. My friend Tegan and I were able to find tickets just recently and are looking to contribute our skills and energy into a great camp. My boyfriend is part of the GlamCocks theme camp. He is a virgin as well and applied about a year ago to join his camp.

I know that we're quite late in the game, but in the spirit of Burning Man, we're hoping to find a place that we can contribute our skills and energies to, and that will be a good fit!

I am an artist, commercial photographer and art teacher from New York. I love dancing, making things, building things, and getting to know new people. I'm not too bad in the kitchen either.

Tegan is an architect by training, and also works in the wellness sphere as a yoga and meditation teacher. She's also a great dancer :) She's coming in from LA.

Thank you so much for your time! Excited to meet.

skyedancer

Kiwiburner looking for a Spiritual Camp

Postby skyedancer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Beautiful Souls,
I'm a Kiwiburner and member of the Gaia Tribe. We organise conscious events in New Zealand and I love to dress up, spin fire and play with my fibre optic glo whip. I have been gifted a BM ticket - a dream come true!!! Now I'm looking for my Burning Man tribe. I am really good at decor, can work with food or at a bar, organise performers and give great hugs! I would love a rideshare from any US city close to the burn and maybe an RV share too and a camp to call home. Most of all I'm mature, smart, reliable and self sufficient. Check out my fb profile lyndal jefferies or email me lyndaljefferies@gmail.com

rblazer
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Minstrel CrAMP

Re: Irish/Australian regional Burner musician seeking camp for 2017

Postby rblazer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 pm

ki11ian wrote:Hi, I'm interested in being part of camp for this years 2017 burning man. I have my ticket. I have been involved with Regional burning man event Blazing Swan in the West Australian desert since its inception 5 years ago. I will be available to assist with set up and pack down of camp before and after festival starts. The camp I have been involved with in the past few years at Blazing Swan is Shivas Tea House. We gift tea to the community and provide a space for live music, talks and workshops. I have also been involved with setting up Dream Gallery a space created for Chilling and sleep. As a musician (guitar, vocals, piano) I am ideally looking to be involved with a camp that provides live music or something similar to what I have experience of at the regional burn (Chill spaces). Can anybody here kindly point me in the direction of where I can look. Thanks in advance

You could look to us at Minstrel CrAMP!

Picky
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Black Rock City Census

Postby Picky » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:17 am

ediblesprysky wrote:My partner is 40M and IRL a college professor, and he's hoping to get involved with the Census and maybe give a couple lectures at Center Camp in future years. He's more experienced; he's been to the Burn four times, I believe.

Hey, ediblesprysky! Census would be totally stoked to get some new blood in. If your partner fills out his volunteer questionnaire on his Burner profile and selects "Census" as the team he's interested in, he can get added to our team pretty quickly. There are still opportunities to get involved off-playa before the event this year (even remotely!), and shift sign ups are in the not-too-distant future. :D

EarthAyaEnergy

Postby EarthAyaEnergy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:11 am

Hello fellow burners,

I am a fun loving, caring Reiki Practitioner & Intuitive Healer coming from Australia and would love to join a Theme Camp where I can gift Reiki Healings. I am also a burgin flying solo and would love to join a theme camp not only to immerse myself in the BM culture & meet like minded people but to also pool resources/ammenities so I am not buying a bunch of gear to bring that I cannot take home with me to Australia, it just seems wasteful. I have already done some research and emailed the HeeBeeGeeBee Healers and Camp Mystic to see if they have space for me but would also love to hear from any other camps that could use my services. I'm very flexible and always happy to lend a hand in any way I can and have volunteered as a healer at many festivals over the past two years so am no stranger to volunteering, working in healing spaces and the transformational festival scene. If you think I would be a good fit for your camp I would love to hear from you!

Love, Light & Laughter,

Alana (AKA Aya)

evolvesonia

Group of 5 Torontonins looking for a camp

Postby evolvesonia » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:47 pm

We are a group of 5 from Toronto. All adults over 32 and 3 are new to BM . We are two women and 3 mens who are creative, resourceful, kind, determined and love to have fun and meet new people. We are looking to join a camp to enhance our experiences and be apart oF a community.

:D

Luke_Matt

Postby Luke_Matt » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:14 am

Hello,

My name is Luke, I am from London England :).

This is my first burn and due to friends not being able to get tickets I am venturing alone to BM. I am very excited to experience the playa.
Any camps out there that need assistance then please do drop me a line. would be great to integrate and help out all I can.

Thanks!

Luke

Sham

Postby Sham » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:25 am

Hey Luke, welcome to eplaya.
You might consider getting in contact with the local Burner community in London. It would be you best bet for making contacts and joining a group. http://regionals.burningman.org/regionals/europe/uk/
Many people come to the playa on their own, but from the UK it might be better to have a bit of infrastructure that a camp could provide.
Good luck and we'll see you in the dust.

Sham....

ActaBoy17+

Postby ActaBoy17+ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 am

Hello Radical Ritualizers! I am a first time burner with a lot of theatre/circus/puppeteering experience who is looking for like-minded folks and a camp to contribute to. Skills include: building ( i can use tools and have been a carpenter), papier mache', emceeing (ringmaster), improvisation, and overall theatrical involvements.

I will be coming solo for my first burn, although i have several friends who will also be there. Just want to have a Homebase/Camp where i can contribute and be a part of the community.

Please reply with any leads or connections that may need a dedicated, able, and willing Burner!

Thanks
Payaso Las Dunas
ActaBoy17

ActaBoy17+

Puppeteer seeks Camp Home on ePlaya

Postby ActaBoy17+ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:24 am

I am a theatre artist from Florida who will be a solo Burner for my first trip to BM. I have been working in theatre as a director, actor, puppeteer/puppet builder for several decades, and would like to connect with a camp as a HomeBase where i can contribute. I am a good worker with carpentry skills who is dedicated to the arts and being part of the community that IS BurningMan.

Please connect if you are looking for someone to be a part of your camp. I am an open, friendly guy who gets along with most everyone!

Thanks-

Payaso Las Dunas
ActaBoy17

the_undecided_cat

Postby the_undecided_cat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:46 am

Heya folks,

We’re two friends from London, both in our thirties and very excited about our first Burn! We're friendly, sane and happy to help out with anything you may need us to do. I'm an architect by trade so can also help out with layout plans / graphics etc. My friend Niall is a dab hand at swing dance and irish drumming.

We want to join a camp as it's probably our best way to give back to the community, plus it's always helpful to have a few old-timers around so we avoid rookie mistakes. We're flying over from the UK for BM and I'm also travelling for a few weeks beforehand, so a little camp infrastructure might work well (especially greywater evap ponds and shade structures for our tents). We've been going along to our regional burn in London for the last couple of months, but we only seem to met other Virgin Burners and people going to Nowhere! Give us a shout if you think we'd fit.

Jo x

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”