People Seeking Camps 2017

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
Lawi
Burning Since: 2017

Virgins from across the ocean in search of a camp

Postby Lawi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:05 am

Hi lovely people!

We are Willem and Lara from the Netherlands. We will be traveling around Canada, the USA and South America with our awesome RV called Betsy. Willem has a lot of energy and loves music (he even brings his DJ stuff with him on our travels) and always gets a good vibe going. Lara goes with the flow, loves to dance and is very helpful to everyone. We both love meeting new people and want to contribute to a fun, chill and adventurous group. We are not afraid of hard work!

See you on BM 2017! :lol:

AtomRocket

Re: People Seeking Camps 2017

Postby AtomRocket » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Camp Participants of Burning Man,

I am a fun loving guy with a sense of responsibility and eagerness to help. I am interested in joining a camp is the way for me to contribute to Burning Man and be participatory. In addition it will be a great way to make friends.

In the default world I recently moved to Seattle. I have skills that can help with a camp. I have a Ph.D. in engineering and work on space stuff. Beyond that I am a 6’5” man in my late 20s and more than happy to contribute labor intensive tasks. Socially, I am quick to make friends and have been told I don’t have a mean bone in my body.

This will be my first burn but I have the living situation figured out in terms of bike, tent, food, water and moop removal and I will be attending a regional burn (Critical) this week. A supply of water in a camp is nice but not needed.

I can likely show up early and help set up and leave late for tear down if needed.

Hit me up if you feel I can contribute to your camp.

Thanks!

P.S. This feels like writing a mix of cover letter and dating profile.

Hutney Chuffer

Postby Hutney Chuffer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:35 am

YoYo!

First time hopeful, banking on scoring a ticket in the OMG sale, fingers crossed!

I'm a 30yo guy, live in Oregon, gonna be a day drive to BRC, I should be stocked with everything I need.
From what I've read, going and camping solo isn't a bad idea, many people do it and love it. I'm not sure that's what I want, but worst comes to worst I can make do I guess?
AS far as what I can bring to the table.......super keen on integrity; I work hard, never whine, always eager to laugh. I plan on bringing a variety of things for entertainment, mostly stuff made from agave, possibly some from ergot. I want to dance, but I generally don't stay out past midnight. :roll:
I'm also bringing a lot of clothing gear for super fashionable silliness. Being goofy, dancing, creating deep and memorable relationships with random people is the ultimate goal for me, can you aid me in this epic journey?

Vic_Ward

Postby Vic_Ward » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 am

Hello everyone

I hope you are doing well.
We are two french guys (Paris, around 30yo) going totally as first timer to BRC this year.

Very excited of course ^^

To have a good first experience we think it would be better to join a camp to meet people and share this awesome experience.

Would you be keen to help 2 burnin virgins please ? :)

We don't know if we are fun, cool or whatever. But I bet you will have fun with our accent

Thanks and see you on BM2017 for sure

staticmyth

Virgin Burners looking for a place to call home <3

Postby staticmyth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello hello friendly peoples!

This will be my partner & I's very first Burn. We have been told that being a part of a camp is the best way to experience Burning Man and I've spent a while searching for somewhere to call home but we have a very tight budget and a lot of camps require quite large fees to take part in them. We are 100% willing to participate and volunteer in a camp and have a budget of about $150 each. I applied for a low-income ticket and was accepted but my partner was not successful in getting one so if anyone has any leads on that as well, we'd love to know, We'll be in Oregon and California well before the Burn so I'm sure we'll find one around then.

A little bit about us:
We hail from Calgary, Alberta - though I'm originally from Vancouver. We are Stavros (30 years old) and Jordi (26 years old). We're safe and chill partiers with no affiliations to hard drugs. We are avid festival goers - Stavros has been attending festivals for 7 years and me for 5 (Motion Notion, Astral Harvest, Basscoast, Kamp, Shambhala & Sasquatch). We're also attending Oregon Eclipse this year! We just bought a van that we're living out of now for the next three months which has solar on it if anyone needs to charge their phones etc.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about us, and we look forward to seeing you all at the Burn - whether we've found a camp or not!

Peace & Love

DeetM
Burning Since: 2015

Looking for an Amazing Camp!

Postby DeetM » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 am

Hi there! We are a group of 8 returning to the playa from Austin, TX. We are looking for a great camp! A camp that has power and water shares would be awesome but that's not always possible.

We also have things to share/gift, just let us know what you are looking for:
Sound Equipment
Liquor for the bar
An Amazing BBQ meal

We have 2 large RVs, a yurt and a small handicap art car.

Let us know if you have room for some new campers! And let us know what we can share/gift!

See you all in the Dust!

ciml121
Burning Since: 2016

Hi! We are looking for a camp!!

Postby ciml121 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello,

My boyfriend and I were weekend warriors last year. We had a spectacular time and we would like to join a chill group of people this year. Our goals would be to have a group of people we could build bonds with in our camping area!!

We are both healers by trade. My boyfriend is an excellent piano player (if your camp has a piano he will create music). I can cook and have some beginner skills in body painting.

We love exploring, building, trying new things...one of the reasons we decided to commit to the full week was so that we would have more time to spend doing things with other camps and could meet more people. We are super relaxed and no-drama people.

razzleshakes

Australians looking to join a camp!

Postby razzleshakes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi all, a few of my friends and I are attending our very first Burning Man this year. We're all very excited and will be making the journey from Melbourne, Australia! We're a bunch of 25-year-old festival goers/creatives/social workers/environmentalists who are looking to join a theme camp for 2017. We're all hard working, creative enthusiasts who are passionate about watching our work come to life. We're a bubbly and warm group who are looking to meet other fellow burners who can provide a warm environment for us to stay in...and learn off for future years!
We know we have left it late so any leads would be greatly appreciated! There are 6-8 of us at this stage (5 guys and 2 girls), a few of us are handymen so we strongly believe we'd all be very capable and able to help pitch in as often as possible. We'd be happy to share more information about us.
Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

yellowsubtab
Burning Since: 2015

Please help this conclave group get Adopted!

Postby yellowsubtab » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 am

I am posting this to many different social media outlets including reddit and Fb (Please feel free to make suggestions on other places I can post this to.)

My Fire conclave group just found out someone in our camp royally fucked up and didn't include us in their plans. Soooo basically we are campless.

We are now looking for a camp to adopt us. We know we can camp in general camping but their is so much about doing that that a lot of our camp mates aren't very thrilled about and we would love to find a small camp willing to adopt 7 burners. All but 2 people are veteran burners and we have all of our own infrastructure. So we wont really need anything more then a space to set up our tents.

Currently we have 2- 10x10 pyramid yurts, 1- 23' across Solpad and maybe 1-2 8 person tents. We also will be bringing in a large 20'x20 shade sail for our area. I believe there is also the possibility for 3 cars, and 1 Suv with a 15 foot open trailer. Our Group lead says we are able to park our cars elsewhere if needed. But the Trailer will need to be in our camp area.

If any one is willing to adopt these lovely caring and silly burners from Texas we would be nothing but grateful and we will be sure to bring nothing but love and dumb stories about how big Texas is.

Please Adopt these sweet burners!

susieclue
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet/Dive Camp

Postby susieclue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

Are you Londoners still seeking a camp? Captn Goddamnit is right - you are a camp but we understand how much logistics there are in coming to burningman from overseas. I was the liason for the Irish core team in 2011 so our camp is used to this.

If you are still seeking an established camp, we will make room for you. We have the shade, kitchen setup, some bicycles, etc. Let us know.

Susieclue
Black Rock Fun Jet

azer319

Hi from SF! Virgin burner looking for a camp

Postby azer319 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Greetings from SF! I'm a virgin burner and am really excited (but nervous! but in a good way!) about my first time in BRC. I have a ticket but am looking for a camp to join. I had one arranged and...well its a long story that I'll tell you over a drink.

I am very happy to contribute whatever skills I have that could be useful (organization? bartending? ordering stuff on Amazon? mediocre cooking? also really good at Excel if that's somehow needed?) and dues. I've been described as "chill, fun, and competent."

I'd love a camp with shared food/shower/bathroom facilities if possible, and some shared event space is ideal. Currently planning on bringing a tent and a minivan but both of those are flexible.

Please let me know if you hear of a camp still accepting new people- much much appreciated!

tgaboreau

2 UK virgins seeking camp

Postby tgaboreau » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 am

Helloooo lovely burners,

We are Tommy and Christina from Manchester in the UK. We're currently trying to decide how to approach camping at our first burn. We've received all sorts of helpful advice about whether we should camp solo or join a theme camp and we think whatever we decide to do we will have an amazing time. Not sure if this is usually the done thing but... as well as conducting our own search for any camps which we think seem cool, we also thought it would be a good idea to make a post, and see if any camps are interested in us.

We're 27 and 29 respectively. Burning Man is our first stop on a 9 month(ish) trip from USA to Argentina, visiting everywhere in between. We love nothing more than meeting complete strangers and forming lifelong bonds. Dressing silly, dressing shiny, being silly, and spending time away from sobriety are amongst our favourite pastimes. in the UK and Europe we visit 7 or 8 festivals every summer and we have a wide ranging taste in music. We're both energetic and well versed in the arts of conversation and fun.

What we would hope for in a camp:
Having not visited the playa yet i think it's hard to really put our finger on specifics, the whole thing is still one big mystery so how can we know what we want yet? We are basically open to participating in whatever presents itself. We'd like to meet people who know how to go crazy and know how to chill out afterwards. Some comforts like shade structures, a kitchen, a bar etc would be nice, and obviously we don't mind contributing $ or participating to help cover the costs of the camp.

Anyway if you have a camp or you know of a camp which might suit us, please make a suggestion :) xxx

siddharthabhagwan

Virgin Solo Burner seeking a camp!

Postby siddharthabhagwan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Burners!

Would anyone happen to have a place in their camp/RV?

Alternately, I know of a camp that's still accepting applicants but is accepting only couples, so if anyone's looking for a male partner, hmu, let's figure it out!

I'm a 29 yo male, student, programmer, guitarist, meditator, great with chores, enthusiastic and with a great attitude - based out of DC.

Sincerely,
Anxious and excited virgin solo burner!

cprutting
Burning Since: 2011

Second time burner searching for a camp!

Postby cprutting » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello! Soon to be sophomore burner here. 25/m. I wasn't planning on going this year but I ran into a hard-to-pass-up opportunity, and since I've been itching to get back to the playa since 2011, I had to take a leap of faith and say yes. I read a bunch of accounts of past brave burners who had a great time solo camping, so I know that no matter what I will have a great burn, but I would still like to find a camp to be a part of/contribute to if possible! I'm outgoing, handy with most any tool, can rock out on the piano, and am over all ready to contribute to yet another great burning man. I'm located in the LA area, maybe one of you kind souls could direct me in the way of a camp in need? Thank you!

Warrior247
Camp Name: Street Life

Re: Virgins from across the ocean in search of a camp

Postby Warrior247 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 am

Hi Willem & Lara - are you guys still looking for a camp? We're Street Life, a Sesame Street-inspired hop hop music camp. We're a smaller camp that offers hip hop happy hours 3 or 4 times during the burn and we'd welcome another DJ! We're a really easygoing, fun camp without a lot of rules, but we share a communal outdoor shower, kitchen, new sound system, new shade structure and "living room". We're a placed camp at 930 & E. If interested, email us at streetlifecamp@gmail.com

Lawi wrote:Hi lovely people!

We are Willem and Lara from the Netherlands. We will be traveling around Canada, the USA and South America with our awesome RV called Betsy. Willem has a lot of energy and loves music (he even brings his DJ stuff with him on our travels) and always gets a good vibe going. Lara goes with the flow, loves to dance and is very helpful to everyone. We both love meeting new people and want to contribute to a fun, chill and adventurous group. We are not afraid of hard work!

See you on BM 2017! :lol:

Warrior247
Camp Name: Street Life

Re: Hi! We are looking for a camp!!

Postby Warrior247 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:21 am

Hi guys - are you still looking for a camp? We're Street Life, a Sesame Street-inspired hop hop music camp. We're a smaller camp that offers hip hop happy hours 3 or 4 times during the burn and would welcome another DJ! We're a really easygoing, fun camp without a lot of rules, but we share a communal outdoor shower, kitchen, new sound system, new shade structure and "living room". We're a placed camp at 930 & E. If interested, email us at streetlifecamp@gmail.com

ciml121 wrote:Hello,

My boyfriend and I were weekend warriors last year. We had a spectacular time and we would like to join a chill group of people this year. Our goals would be to have a group of people we could build bonds with in our camping area!!

We are both healers by trade. My boyfriend is an excellent piano player (if your camp has a piano he will create music). I can cook and have some beginner skills in body painting.

We love exploring, building, trying new things...one of the reasons we decided to commit to the full week was so that we would have more time to spend doing things with other camps and could meet more people. We are super relaxed and no-drama people.

AviSafia

Postby AviSafia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi my name is Avi and my girlfriend Safia are going to burning man this year for the first time. Can somebody please give us advice on how to find a camp or how to get a parking pass for and RV?

I would greatly appreciate it, thx.

cheestar

Sane Virgin here :) Wanting to participate!

Postby cheestar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:06 am

Hello.

25 year old divine female here. I am so excited (and a bit nervous) for my first Burn! I have been to a few handfuls of transformational gatherings in my time, but I do not think anything can prepare me for what is to come. Most of the events I have been to, I have attended alone (introvert, but not a loner...most of my friends have not experienced my free-spirited lifestyle). For this experience, I am hoping to be more involved with the community, and crossing my fingers to be able to join a camp! I would love to contribute in any way(s) I can (I know some camps require a payment & putting in time - I have no issue in that). I am also willing to bring an abundance of food & good vibes! I myself do not intend to be partaking in sacred medicine, but I am happy to facilitate others in their experience, and offer a sober mind. I am also happy to offer child-care services, as I am a full time nanny in the "real world". I have friends in Naked Heart and Riverbera (for reference). Not really sure how to go about making the right connections...Hope to hear from ya soon! ~~~Dominique
Attachments
20294258_1949037472043775_954293439971454607_n.jpg
15747802_1832805500333640_6288723047092835245_n.jpg

azer319

Re: Hi from SF! Virgin burner looking for a camp

Postby azer319 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 am

azer319 wrote:Greetings from SF! I'm a virgin burner and am really excited (but nervous! but in a good way!) about my first time in BRC. I have a ticket but am looking for a camp to join. I had one arranged and...well its a long story that I'll tell you over a drink.

I am very happy to contribute whatever skills I have that could be useful (organization? bartending? ordering stuff on Amazon? mediocre cooking? also really good at Excel if that's somehow needed?) and dues. I've been described as "chill, fun, and competent."

I'd love a camp with shared food/shower/bathroom facilities if possible, and some shared event space is ideal. Currently planning on bringing a tent and a minivan but both of those are flexible.

Please let me know if you hear of a camp still accepting new people- much much appreciated!

Found a camp- see you on the playa!

ruggerotartaro

Postby ruggerotartaro » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 am

Hello we are 4 italian guys and we want to join a camp ! we love improvisation theatre and cooking. I also can give lesson of qi qong. We are 4 medical doctors (1 ophtalmologist 1 surgeon 2 dentists). We have the tickets and a vehicle pass (we have a RV).

un abbraccio

grazie

Ruggero

Felipe Recka

Hello from Brazil! Virgin burner here.

Postby Felipe Recka » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:35 am

Hello! I'm a little bit late but I'm looking for a camp to stay. This will be my fist Brurning man and I'm really excited.

I'm 33 years old, going alone and willing to help (not afraid of hard work). I have no expectations regarding camp facilities, I just want to meet nice people.
I promise some Tai Chi and Kung Fu lessons.

I'll leave to Playa from the SF area, if you need a ride it is also possible.

Look forward to seeing you all. Any help to find a camp would be great.
Felipe

misslotus78
Burning Since: 2000

Postby misslotus78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi there:)

Seeking a camp if possible. This will be my 4th burn since 2000...I'm happy to contribute whatever talents are useful: bartending, cooking, setup, breakdown, etc... I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and am fairly handy with tools:) I will have an early entrance pass for the 25th:)

maliagall

Got Tickets but I Need Camp!!!!

Postby maliagall » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi everyone my name is Malia ! :lol: I am new to these chats and not sure if I am even on the correct location but I am trying yay to SELF RELIANCE :D soo recently got a ticket last minute and would love to help and be part of a camp. Any suggestion please . Thank you beloved burners . I know it's late in the game but at this point anything will help. Planing on bringing a Yurt.

kellyarod

Non-traditional college couple looking for camp!

Postby kellyarod » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Aside from reaching out to camps we've found through "theme camps", I am also posting on here in case serendipity has this post land on the eyes of someone looking for campers like us! My partner and I attend the University of California, Santa Barbara. I'm in my late twenties and he is in his early twenties. I'm and anthropology major with an education minor and my partner is a biology major. We practice vinyasa flow and kundalini yoga. Our favorite things to do together include making fresh pressed juice while listening to alt-j, bluegrass or salsa music. We love hiking in Santa Barbara's outback and enjoy bouldering. We've have recently started a crystal collection. Our food preferences range from eating meat to having vegan cuisine for a straight week. We are the epitome of easy going, we are hard workers and ambitious students always ready to contribute, he's an audio technician and I'm a coordinator of health and wellness at our campus. What we are most looking forward to is the cultural experiences burning man is known for, the art, the costumes, the people and the lifestyle! More random facts about us, I'm an animal shelter volunteer and adoption counselor in my free time. I have a cultural anthropology blog and we both enjoy photography (digital and film) but will most likely leave our camera's at home to immerse ourselves in the experience. We are GOT, Bobs Burgers, and Archer fans among other TV shows we binge watch during school breaks. We are not your typical millennials, we hardly "selfie", don't photograph our food for social media and prefer to live in the moment rather than through a phone screen.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Non-traditional college couple looking for camp!

Postby Token » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm just guessing UCSB is a bit lax on punctuation, carriage returns and run-on sentences.

kellyarod wrote:Aside from reaching out to camps we've found through "theme camps", I am also posting on here in case serendipity has this post land on the eyes of someone looking for campers like us!

My partner and I attend the University of California, Santa Barbara. I'm in my late twenties and he is in his early twenties.

I'm and anthropology major with an education minor and my partner is a biology major.

We practice vinyasa flow and kundalini yoga.

Our favorite things to do together include making fresh pressed juice while listening to alt-j, bluegrass or salsa music.

We love hiking in Santa Barbara's outback and enjoy bouldering.

We've have recently started a crystal collection.

Our food preferences range from eating meat to having vegan cuisine for a straight week.

We are the epitome of easy going, we are hard workers and ambitious students always ready to contribute.

He's an audio technician and I'm a coordinator of health and wellness at our campus.

What we are most looking forward to is the cultural experiences burning man is known for, the art, the costumes, the people and the lifestyle!

More random facts about us;
I'm an animal shelter volunteer and adoption counselor in my free time. I have a cultural anthropology blog and we both enjoy photography (digital and film) but will most likely leave our camera's at home to immerse ourselves in the experience.

We are GOT, Bobs Burgers, and Archer fans among other TV shows we binge watch during school breaks.

We are not your typical millennials, we hardly "selfie", don't photograph our food for social media and prefer to live in the moment rather than through a phone screen.

There, fixed that for you.

CHEESE
Burning Since: 2007

Postby CHEESE » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:27 am

I'm a veteran burner who as been attending since 2007 and running a theme camp for the past 6 years. We sadly did not get placed this year and are looking for a new home for myself and a handful of our camp members.

We have up to 8 people looking for a new home for this years event and wanting to join a new camp. We are all veteran/experienced burners, always down to help build and contribute to the camp, and each have our own unique skills to add to the camp.

We are also available to come early and help setup a camp as well. We're a great group of burners and easily get along with anyone. If you are looking to add a few good people to your camp this year please hmu

Cheese

White Bronco
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: WHITE BRONCO

Re: Hi! We are looking for a camp!!

Postby White Bronco » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello there,

White Bronco here. I love that you guys spin hip hop!! We have a ton of house DJs lined up but I want to fill in gaps with hip hop, soul, or funk.

Would any of you be available to spin an evening session set at our camp? If so, the following times are available.
Starting times are TOTALLY flexible to accommodate individual set lengths.

Monday: 6-8
Wednesday: 6-7:30

We are located at the 7:30 portal and our rig is a traktor S2 and 2 Pioneer CDJs (non MP3) all enclosed within a dome structure.
Let me know if this works for you!

-Bill (White Bronco)
If I say I'm going to do it, I'll do it. :coffee:

rudymizrahi

Are there any camps with open spots for new members?

Postby rudymizrahi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Hello! Hope you are doing well!

I am Rudy Celekli (Captain Smile) and currently live in Boston. I'm a financial consultant at Deloitte but just launched my own startup Wemote (redacted by moderator) where we help people get remote jobs so they can spend more time with their families, travel the world, or basically have more flexibility in life. 

I went to Burning Man for the first time last year and had an incredible experience and want to share it with everyone I love. 

Emil Ozkardesler, is my best friend who currently lives in Istanbul Turkey and I have not seen him for last 4 years! I have been sharing pictures and stories and memories that I had through Burning Man. This year it was coming to visit me in Boston but we had so much faith that one way or another we would get the tickets that we have already bought our tickets to California. Today, we were able to get tickets through the OMG Sale and now we are looking for a camp to join and volunteer.

We would be happy to volunteer and help with the set-up/take-down (we arrive on Sunday 27th), organizing, as well as LNT and any help we can provide for fellow burners from setting-up their tents to anything that will make them smile.

Can you please let me know if you still have availability for 2 new exciting members to join?

Please let me know if you would like to know more, thanks!

Rudy and Emil

210 749 5759

BornToBeAnna

Postby BornToBeAnna » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 am

Hi, Burners! :D

We are two girls from Russia, Anna and Ksenia, and this year we are going to Burning man for the first time.

We would love to join a camp. We are easy-going, have our own campervan (we'll probably be parked next to the camp that is going to choose us) and would cause no trouble :) :lol:

Thanks in advance! :lol:

Ari_Ari_Things

Virgin Offspring of Burner Parents

Postby Ari_Ari_Things » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 am

My boyfriend bought us tickets and with a crazy turn of events we are able to go this year! (Wahe Guru :D) My parents go every year for as long as I could remember and during my sophomore year they got married there! This is the first year that they couldn't go and coincidentally the first year I can! I've always heard amazing stories about the playa and experiences and I'm sure this will be everything I've ever wanted, hoped for, imagined and more!

At this point I want to thank you for reading this far and now comes the big ask!

Can we join your camp?

We would love to join the community and contribute to a theme camp or art work! Please let me know!

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”