Bluegrass Music at Rootpile

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
Ohmish
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Rootpile

Bluegrass Music at Rootpile

Postby Ohmish » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello, Fellow Burners! "Ohmish" here, from Rootpile, the bluegrass music theme camp. As we gear up for 2017, I have two requests:

1) If you came to any of our shows and/or music workshops in 2016, please share any pictures, video, or stories you have. Let us know about your experience at Rootpile.

2) "The Fixxer" and I are in search of PROFESSIONAL CALIBER bluegrass musicians who would like to join our mission to give Burners a little relief from the unceasing boom-boom-boom of EDM that echoes across the playa. If you or someone you know has the talent and interest, please send me a PM.

Thanks and, to quote my other alter-ego, BanjerDan: "Wow! Banjos ROCK!"

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: Bluegrass Music at Rootpile

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Sigh. After two or three years of searching for Rootpile, I FINALLY found you guys last year... Monday afternoon post-event. One of these burns, I will see some live bluegrass, dagnabit! I won't be bringing a camera (immediacy, blah, blah, blah) but I'll be happy to share my story once I finally do.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Sigh. After two or three years of searching for Rootpile, I FINALLY found you guys last year... Monday afternoon post-event. One of these burns, I will see some live bluegrass, dagnabit! I won't be bringing a camera (immediacy, blah, blah, blah) but I'll be happy to share my story once I finally do.

Thanks for bringing the live music!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

lalaland
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Rootpile!

Postby lalaland » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:Sigh. After two or three years of searching for Rootpile, I FINALLY found you guys last year... Monday afternoon post-event. One of these burns, I will see some live bluegrass, dagnabit! I won't be bringing a camera (immediacy, blah, blah, blah) but I'll be happy to share my story once I finally do.

Thanks for bringing the live music!

FYI, Rootpile is at 6 & Eulogy this year! Come by DURING the burn :P
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad." "How do you know I’m mad?" "You must be, or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”