Adopt a Bonerpillar!?

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT

Adopt a Bonerpillar!?

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey Guys!

The Bonerpillar might be looking for a new home! Imagine the envy of your neighbors when they pull up to see this thing parked in your driveway!
IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG (85.29 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
So... The current situation is that the guy who has, uh, assumed control of the camp in which I have camped for the last 4 years has decided that Rock and Roll does not fit into the identity of this camp, leaving little room for a certain giant rock and roll caterpillar and it's, um, musical expressions... Because of this development, making plans for the playa is becoming increasingly difficult. And while I'm not quite ready to just walk away from my friends and playa family over a bunch of drama and politics, It's getting close..

So, my question to fellow burners and eplayans is this: Are any of you theme camp organizers interested in adopting a badass, flame throwing, Rock N Roll mutant vehicle for 2017?! In the face of uncertainty I always love to explore options....

Seriously you guys, this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity! Everyone (well, almost everyone) wants an art car in their camp and this one is not just your everyday run of the mill cardboard golf cart! Not only is this thing covered in hundreds of cattle bones, It comes with yours truly, my wonderful amazing partner and potentially a small assortment (4-6) of weirdos to help build and crew. We do not need, and for liability reasons do not want any funding from a camp. Personal contributions however are always welcome :wink: . We also would love to welcome any potential new camp-mates to the crew for the building and/or operation of the Bonerpillar. We always welcome anyone with skills, knowledge or enthusiasm to share in the creation and taming of this beast!

And yes, I know the deal; "you don't need a camp!" and blah blah blah, buuut we want one. We need to have a home, guaranteed placement is vital and it'd be super fucking rad if we could be part of a community with shade, showers and some sort of kitchen/food so we could focus our energies and attention on building and operating this magical beast. We are, however open to other options beyond joining an established camp. We have some infrastructure and resources we could potentially team up with a few other motivated and overly-ambitious freaks to create a new camp. Or not. Whatever.

Something any prospective collaborators should know: The Rock N Roll aspect of this vehicle/creation is not negotiable. We play Rock and we play it loud. We do honor that Rock encompasses a wide swath of music popular for the last 80 years or so and strive to bring musical diversity to the playa. We also honor our agreements with the DMV and BRC around sound levels and our musical impact on our community. But the bottom line is this: you must love the Rock. And Metal too, we play also play Heavy Metal.

We are confident we'll get invited and approved by the DMV after last years success. We do have some improvements planned for 2017 as well... needs more FIRE!

And then theres me! While I'm the first to admit I'm kind of a salty bastard sometimes, I am also quite charming and I pride myself in my humility. I'm snarky AF, some would say I have a great sense of humor but also I will call bullshit when I sees it and I appreciate others who do the same. We're all guilty of a little bullshit now and then :mrgreen: It's how we handle it that matters. Communication is of upmost import to me. We have problems? We will talk about them like grown ups and find a resolution. Shit happens, people disagree and feelings get hurt, especially when dealing with such spirited folks as Burners. And though sometimes its difficult, I endeavor to empower and inspire those in my communities. I own my shit and seek to co-create an environment that allow for the types of authentic communication that grows and bonds communities and friendships. If Burning Man isn't the place to bring our A-game then what the fuck is? At the risk of sounding like a hippie, I do feel it's important to say this as a big reason we are considering leaving our current situation is some of the current leaders do not appear willing to engage in meaningful communication and resolutions.

I know that inviting a large MV into a camp is not a decision to made lightly, theres many things to consider and art cars change the game for theme camps in a lot of ways.. Like I said at the beginning of the post, We don't know 100% sure that we are even going to leave our current camp, just that it's a likely option, and I want test the waters here to see if theres any interest in adopting us and our Boner and start a dialogue around how it could look to welcome the Bonerpillar into the folds of a new community. There are obviously lots of other details and aspects of the identity and expression of this vehicle to be thoroughly discussed with any potential camp-mates and leads and I will be happy to do so in private correspondence. Also obvious is that everyone involved would need to feel confident that it's a good fit, on artistic, communal and personal levels.

The Bonerpillar and it's captain reside in Southern Oregon. Some geographic proximity would be nice but not necessarily a requirement.

For info about this thing, see this, this and this. Instagram and facebook.

...um yeah. So fucking A there it is you guys. If this sounds up your alley lets talk... also if any of you geniuses have any advice or suggestions... Feedback, insults or anything in between... Bring it!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Adopt a Bonerpillar!?

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Wouldn't it be simpler to just kill the douche bag who has assumed control of the camp?

EGAZ
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Dr.: That made me laugh!! :lol: So true sometimes.
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Wouldn't it be simpler to just kill the douche bag who has assumed control of the camp?
Oh come on now Doc, we can't start killing people just cause we disagree with them. Next thing you know, we'll be marching the Barbies right into the ovens...

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:19 pm

A-RockLeFrench wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:Wouldn't it be simpler to just kill the douche bag who has assumed control of the camp?
Oh come on now Doc, we can't start killing people just cause we disagree with them. Next thing you know, we'll be marching the Barbies right into the ovens...
Bone donor...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 am

I think this is the best option. We really don't need nor want the Michael Bolton/Kenny G theme camp that will be replacing the Rock-n-Roll themed camp. Such horrors...
sodom.gif
The stuff of nightmares.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

WileE13
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Jefferson High Life

Post by WileE13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Hey, I read your post and would love to meet you and your fellow weirdo's sometime. I live about an hour South of Ashland and spend a lot of time in Southern Oregon. I also happen to live on a cattle ranch with an extensive bone pile, so if you need parts, I can help with that quite a bit. I'm part of a camp made up of people from the California/Oregon border area. Not sure how much we can offer in the way of a camp, we are not placed and our size varies between 10 -20 members. We have in, in the past, brought a full stage and live band to the playa (in 2014) and we all love rock and pretty much any other form of music. If you'd like to meet up with any of us or just need parts for the Bonerpillar, let me know.

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:58 am

I owe someone an apology.

Of the 500 or so views this thread has thus far received one of them was The Guy. I'm not going to name any names, but I will offer a sincere and humble apology.

I realize that the original post could potentially harm the image of Plunderground. While Burning Man is not a popularity contest by any means, I acknowledge that BRC is a community and I want to take responsibility for how my actions may affect the communities that make up our diverse and unique city.

More importantly and on a personal level, I now understand that by bringing my complaints to a public forum and venting my frustrations, I have hurt people that I care about, and for this I am truly sorry.

While I'm not certain at the moment, I remain optimistic that we will be able to work things out with our current camp and its current leadership. Some productive conversations have been had since this thread has begun.

I really hope this message helps to bring us all closer to resolution and we can really begin to plan and prepare for another kick-ass year in the dust.

I'm sorry I can be an asshole sometimes. Please forgive me.

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 am

On another note, Thanks to everyone who reached out publicly and privately with support and interest in collaborating with The Bonerpillar.

I am looking forward to continuing conversations with interested parties and finding areas of collaboration and opportunities to participate with The Bonerpillar!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 am

Good on you for making that apology, A-Rock. For what it's worth, I read your first post as a venting of frustrations and wanting to explore options, and not as an attempt to cause harm to the camp or individuals involved with it. Sometimes campmates and camp visions go in different directions and parting ways ends up being better not only for the camp but for the friendships of the individuals.... but I really hope you guys are able to resolve things amicably.

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks Trilo!

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh, a person can dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 am

Lonesomebri wrote:Oh, a person can dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily the Bonerpillar runs on dreams.

And gasoline.

A-RockLeFrench

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:58 am

The Bonerpillar is now a free agent.

Unfortunately we will be taking 2017 off in order to re-group and re-energize for future appearances of the Bonerpillar.

Talk about a tough fucking decision but sometimes life is about making hard choices. I'm pretty bummed to have to announce this to you guys but rest assured that the Bonerpillar is not dead! She will be back, if not to the playa than possibly a regional or two. Maybe I'll just set it up in my back yard and invite all of eplaya to come rock out for a weekend...

Anyways, I appreciate all the love and support I've received for the Bonerpillar from all you incredible Eplayans!

Have fun in the dust this year folks.

~A-Rock (The Rod) Le French

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:08 am

Oh darn. I was looking forward to seeing you. Just think how exciting it will be next year.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:49 am

Well, darn.

burner von braun

Post by burner von braun » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 am

Argh! Tough decision for sure! Sorry to hear that you and the Bonerpillar won't be able to make it out to the desert this year A-Rock. I was hoping to meet you guys and hop aboard at some point.

Hopefully the Bonerpillar will roam the playa again next year!

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”