Looking for a camp? Check out The Hookah Lounge

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
FjordLynn
Burning Since: 2005

Looking for a camp? Check out The Hookah Lounge

Postby FjordLynn » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:43 pm

The Hookah Lounge is open for members to join us in our camp this year. We're chill people and we don't ask a lot of our campers except that they do their own LNT. We have list of all the benefits and registration form on our website. Check it out at

http://thehookahlounge.co.nf/BM17.htm

If you have any questions, please ask :)

Even if you aren't joining us, come find us nightly after sundown for hookah, tea, and coffee in a burningman lounge atmosphere. Hope to see you there.
The Hookah Lounge Theme Camp Organizer

SunshineLove

Re: Looking for a camp? Check out The Hookah Lounge

Postby SunshineLove » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

They're not even kidding about how good the food is, and there's a good variety every night they serve it - it's not like they'll just put out spaghetti and call it good, no... there'll be like a couple different kinds of pasta and sauces and veggies and a dessert and I just can't even with words, but let it be known, it's a pretty good spread. /foodie.

Raoul
Burning Since: 2014

Postby Raoul » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Three-time Hookah Lounger here, and I will be back again for 2017. The Lounge is a chill spot with lots of awesome people from Birgins to long-time Burners. You wanna spend a ton of time in camp just hanging out? No problem. There is plenty going on and there is always a steady stream of folks stopping in for a smoke or to just take a load off under the huge shade structure in the heat of the day. Wanna have camp as your base to spend most of your time exploring the city? That's cool too. Everyone is expected to chip in a little time and effort to keep the camp cleaned and to do their own LNT, but assigned work details aren't really a thing. And as SunshineLove said, the dinner spread for Loungers each night is pretty amazing. All of that at a location that is pretty central to everything but just far enough away that you can actually catch a bit of shut eye.
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

FjordLynn

Postby FjordLynn » Tue May 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks for the responses, Sunshine and Raoul :)

VinceH
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby VinceH » Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 am

Vince & Gretchen are in! Check was sent, excited to be a part! We have a small travel trailer, would welcome access to an AC hookup. Hookup at Hookah, so the speak. :-) We're temple guardians as well..

Raoul

Postby Raoul » Thu May 25, 2017 5:28 pm

VinceH wrote:Vince & Gretchen are in! Check was sent, excited to be a part! We have a small travel trailer, would welcome access to an AC hookup. Hookup at Hookah, so the speak. :-) We're temple guardians as well..

Welcome to the Hookah Lounge! Looking forward to meeting both of you!
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

FjordLynn

Postby FjordLynn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 pm

:) Welcome Vince and Gretchen. We still have spots available for those that want to join.

Discostoo
Burning Since: 2006

Postby Discostoo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:41 am

Hey friends! Canadian here, looking for a camp! I'm 29, and this will be my second burn. Went in 2006, and am stoked to be coming back this year. I'm bringing a hexayurt and multiple 5 gallon jugs of Canadian Glacier water for Glacier showers. Also, I'm an electrician so I can pretty much solve all electricity conundrum. Let me know if you guys could take me in!

Thanks buddeh.

dandandan
Burning Since: 2016

Postby dandandan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Would love to join your camp, pm sent!!!

Paul0esc0
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Hookah Lounge

Postby Paul0esc0 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:03 am

Where's Hookah Lounge situated for BM 17 ?

rahultso
Burning Since: 2017

Postby rahultso » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello!

I am a solo BM virgin and would love to join the Hookah Lounge! I'm more than happy to help with the general tasks that come up and also the pack up on the Sunday.Really like the sound of how chilled the camp sounds! I've registered via the webpage but thought I'd say hi here, too : )

Hope to hear from you...

Cheers,
Rahul

FjordLynn

Postby FjordLynn » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:17 am

For everyone wanting to join, please read the page at

http://thehookahlounge.co.nf/BM17.htm

and fill out the form so we can contact you back.

We have been placed this year at 4:20 on Eulogy Rd. We have recently learned that we will have some extra space this year, so while we thought we were at capacity, we do have room for about ten more people at this time. We don't have any places for RVs, however.

Hope to see you all soon :)

Jason-Healer

Do you have any space left in your Burning Man camp this year for new members?

Postby Jason-Healer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Hello beautiful Burners.

I am still looking for a camp to join last minute. I am from upstate NY This will be my 3rd burn. I would love to join a fun camp with people from all over the world, I can do some volunteer work depending on what it is. I would like to know what kind of camp dues are involved in joining your camp and what the camp dues include? Such as shared food/meals, water, showers, etc. I look forward to growing with your camp and empowering it's members, with strength and abundance. I will be happy to answer any and all questions you may have and I am sure that I will have many questions to ask you about your camp too. Please let me know soon though if you are still accepting members for this year. The best way to reach me is my phone at 716-465-0913.

Thank You.

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”