"Black Rock Fun Jet still has room

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
susieclue
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet/Dive Camp

"Black Rock Fun Jet still has room

Postby susieclue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:16 pm

The Black Rock Fun Jet is back in action and we're looking for new agents to help us take burners where they've never been before. We are a smaller (15-20) theme camp with about two hundred years of combined experience on playa. Should you decide that this is where you'd like to call home this year, you will find shade, chairs, a shared kitchen, a shower, a fire pit, an art car, and a group of people who have been there, done that, and don't get rattled. Each night 2-3 of us will provide and prepare dinner for the camp, and clean up afterwards.

Who are we: We run a travel agency and take participants to such far off places as the African Jungle, Pirate's Cove, Memory Lane, New York City, etc. What we ask of you is to assist in taking pictures, helping with the Wheel of Destination, walking the labyrinth with visitors, and general assistance. We'll be operating Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from approximately 1pm-5pm each day. The rest of the time you are free to roam the playa. Depending on how many people we have in the camp, you may not need to work each day we're open.

Working a theme camp is a wonderful way to meet people. We had visitors from 26 different countries one year alone. I especially enjoy being able to bring in international burners who may find the organization and expense of being totally self reliant in the hot desert just too much to handle. Part of self reliance is knowing when you are in over your head and asking for help. Half of the core of our camp will be on playa early, setting up camp and reassembling the art car, but we can pre-shop and transport most of your dry goods for you, including setting you up with a bicycle, a sleeping pad, a sleeping bag, a cooler, and maybe a tent if any are still available. Otherwise you can ship a tent to me and we will take it out for you. You need to bring out your water and your booze (we may be able to help with transportation of some, but not all, of it), and your fresh food. Don't forget to bring money to replenish your ice while you're on playa. (Ice runs are so much easier with an art car...)

We are not a party camp but we are a good time camp. You still need be participants, not spectators, if you imbibe. It's hot out there and you're going to need stamina and good humor in order to play well with others. No sparkle ponies or egocentrics need apply. If you're a burning man virgin, please at least know how to use basic hand tools.. We expect you to look for opportunities to help out; we expect you to clean up after yourself, and we expect you to be illuminated if you go out at night (most of us have been hit by some idiot darkwad at one time or another. Don't be a darkwad!) We don't care how old you are as long as you are responsible. We don't care where you come from or what your sexual orientation may be. Be excited. Be curious. If you exceed our expectations, then we'll certainly exceed yours.

F117NH

Re: The Biggest Little Travel Agency on Playa

Postby F117NH » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Love the idea, any photos? I have also sent a PM.

susieclue
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet/Dive Camp

Postby susieclue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Here are some pictures of our art car. Burn night it's for our camp.

Let me know if you are interested in joining us.

Susieclue
Attachments
backofCityscape.JPG
Artcarafterworldattack.jpg

touchmyfluff
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Camp Yung Buck

Postby touchmyfluff » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

We ran into your group behind the deep playa portos last year on Sunday afternoon as the city was quickly being dismantled! Upon expressing our excitement for artcars still out on Sunday I was invited aboard to help play "99 bottles of rum on the wall" and gave a bullet necklace to "Mom", "kinda like bob spelled backwards". Anyhow you guys promised to meet us in the same spot, same time this year ;) .... so see ya on Sunday!

Can't say I have camped with this crew, but the fun 10 minutes I spent with them last year, I will look to repeat this!

Pic from said interaction below

jantanws
Burning Since: 2017

Re: "Black Rock Fun Jet still has room

Postby jantanws » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi!! Do you still have open spots? I'm a last minute virgin burner - the stars just aligned for me to make it out this year for the first time.
I'm ready to be pro and can learn quickly and do most things! I am drama free - love to backpack and will give more than I receive!

Thank you
Janice

A little about me:
- From sunny Singapore
- Lived for the last 2 years in NYC
- Love scuba, travel and food
- Work in food entrepreneurship

aFoN
Burning Since: 2017

Re: "Black Rock Fun Jet still has room

Postby aFoN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:43 am

Hello! Is there still any space available? I'm a last minutes virgin burner, and might I join in with you?
Here's a short introduction of me:
-Man from Shanghai, China.
-Experienced sound engineer, also good at electricity issues.
-GYM trainer, known lots of massage and stretching skills very well.

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”