Pussy Avalanche (we like cats - yo!) - has space!

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
reptar
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Pussy Avalanche

Pussy Avalanche (we like cats - yo!) - has space!

Postby reptar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Cat Camp (now Pussy Avalanche) has more space and are official this year - so we got space yo. Help us full up our space and keep the Cat love rolling.

Do you like cats?
    Do you want to work on a cool P2P networking project?
    Do you like to dance and want to be part of a mass cat dance?

We have a shower (no more than one a day, please), family meals Wednesday through Saturday, a real damn stove, and shade. Plus we're pretty fun. Mostly. We're nerds. We are working on a crazy complicated project now and need help. Want to bring an event? We'll sponsor best we can. D&D or Loteria night sounds awesome.

See us on https://www.facebook.com/catcamp2017 - or interest form @ https://goo.gl/forms/JoEYEsZSxmvB5jpg2 or contact me directly.

lp (reptar)

MyPlayaUserName
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Ass Stamp Camp

Re: Pussy Avalanche (we like cats - yo!) - has space!

Postby MyPlayaUserName » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:46 am

Um I'm blown away right now because I HAVE A CAT NAMED REPTAR and am most definitely a cat person. I have a camp but I just wanted to be sure you weren't my cat.

reptar

Postby reptar » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm

lol =(^.^)=

reptar

Whee - Pussy Avalanche (Cat Camp) - Looking for Members again!

Postby reptar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Great thing about being a small camp is that we're easily affected by small changes. We've got a wave of 'oh shit' problems with members (always couples, yay) that have moved from 'hell yeah!' to 'agggh - maybe not going this year'. I don't have their tickets atm - so don't ask please. :)

I hope all these fun Cat People show up - but realistically we're gonna have open space. We're an oasis for Cat People, introverts, and nerds. We know you might need some downtime or quiet reading or art time in all the noise. It's cool - we got space and will give you space. We encourage events and we'll do our best to make whatever you think is fun real. :)

There's more info on our website at https://pussyavalanche.net/burning-man-2017/ or our Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/catcamp2017/.

What we are bringing:

Cooking areas and stoves
    Evaporator
    Camp Sink
    Generator/Battery/Charging Station
    600 ft^^2 / 55 m^^2 of shade
    Ridiculously big solar shower area
    Family meals Wednesday-Saturday

We are not plug-n-play though, so you need your own gear and non-family meal food. We do not have camp water – bring your own (sorry, the minimum for delivery is 1000 gallons – nobody is that thirsty :D ). Melt water is available to all for hand washing and bathing and everyone is encouraged to use it first.

jantanws
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Whee - Pussy Avalanche (Cat Camp) - Looking for Members again!

Postby jantanws » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi!! Do you still have open spots? I'm a last minute virgin burner - the stars just aligned for me to make it out this year for the first time.
I'm ready to be pro and can learn quickly and do most things! I am drama free - love to backpack and will give more than I receive!

Thank you
Janice

A little about me:
- From sunny Singapore
- Lived for the last 2 years in NYC
- Love scuba, travel and food
- Work in food entrepreneurship

reptar

Re: Whee - Pussy Avalanche (Cat Camp) - Looking for Members again!

Postby reptar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 am

Hey Janice! Yup - sent you a private reply. :)

reptar

Violentlyunoriginal
Burning Since: 2005

Postby Violentlyunoriginal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Hello, I am campless orphan looking for a home. I have all my own gear and food and am just looking for a good camp not on the outer rim. Do you still have space? I am a welder/bike mechanic if that helps at all.

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Thecatman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Keep this thread updated for next year. I'll do my damndest to get a ticket and vp pass even if it means an expensive one.
Seriously, I have 9 cats at home raging from 10 months to 17 years old. Plus several strays in the neighborhood.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”