Seeking sense of belonging? CAMP THREAT is now accepting cogs.

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Seeking sense of belonging? CAMP THREAT is now accepting cogs.

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:11 pm

My camp is open to new members. CAMP THREAT charges NO* dues!!!!
We strictly abide by the 12 suggestions.

About the Camp:
The camp, me, provide nothing. If you want to obey my dictates and be a member of a community ill served by my often undisciplined whims, my camp is the place for you. You provide your own food, shelter, bike, water, booze, entertainment. What better way to abide to self-sufficiency!!!!

There are just a few restrictions to my camps radical inclusion:
Clean up your own mess, and others'.
No hippies (kinda redundant with the above).
No public nudity in camp (ditto redundancy).
If you are going to be completely transformed and changed by this experience, we don't want someone so easily influenced and flaky in their own beliefs and outlook.
If your going to dance around the flames, then fall in them, we tried that last year. No thanks.
We don't count regionals as a Burn. I count them as a picnic in some park with people who will go on to annoy me at the the actual Burn.
We need mules, obedient workers, not lumps sitting under the shade all day talking about what Burners they are.
Must enjoy talking shit about everybody. While keeping what is directed at me, behind my back.
NO children, grown or not. If you know someone with a child at the Burn and they might stop by camp, find another camp. Much like my visits to Hooters, I don’t enjoy children watching me get drunk and ogle people. Same with cops.
We wear outfits at the Burn, not costumes.
You may be asked to contribute to my bail fund come the morning after the big Burns.
Or better, make it Biblical and after the shit hits, deny you ever knew me.

Must hate with a fire burning hotter than the fictional meteorite left in the Temple; DJs, plug and plays, segways, people who ring the bell after flying in, the heavy hand of authorities preying on the weak, shirt-cockers, hugs as a gift (look, sure, maybe I have accepted some of those hugs, but this is theoretical here, that's there), line cutters, anyone asking what choices and varieties they can get in some item, food offered as a gift ("don't you have strawberry ice cream?" FU), and anything else that will inevitably come up during the daily camp bitch and moan session...well, more like a lecture, by me. Must also dislike lectures on the playa.

Must love dust and wind, in a funny silly lovesick kind of way, causing you to laugh as you watch it cause havoc, destroying our shade shelter, scattering debris and dreams, while filling your tent with impossible to clean out dust.
And fire. Gotta love fire.

PM me for further information about tossing your Burn away and my favorite drink.

SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY.

*No dues, but due to the paperwork involved in me having to re-post this after it was deleted, there will be a substantial surcharge, clean energy tax, entertainment fee added to the NO dues our camp charges.

Under the kingdom of the sun
In the empire of dust
1237942_230329437115401_1326851548_n.jpg

CAMP THREAT
Lonesome Bri

....or, you know, just do your own thing...
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Lonesomebri

Re: Seeking sense of belonging? CAMP THREAT is now accepting cogs.

Postby Lonesomebri » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Oh, and no marathon runners or cross-fit folks; there are gyms and tracks made for you, the playa is not the place.
- Voltaire, Candide

spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Postby spacetime » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40 am

Sounds like a lovely camp with a lot of flexibility.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 am

Spacetime get over here! Don't walk on that side of the street.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Savannah

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Weirdly enough, I qualify for your camp in all ways save the term "obedient". :lol:
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Savannah wrote:Weirdly enough, I qualify for your camp in all ways save the term "obedient". :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. This sounds like the crew of the Weekly - except we shit-talk to each-others faces. I don't know what I'd do if I could only verbalize my disdain for my friends when their backs were turned. That's not the way my people work.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:18 pm

.....and no mean people, haters or (redundant) moderators.

I guess if my people could ban and block those who criticized us.....
...but that is not how I operate.
- Voltaire, Candide

Savannah

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Well, we have that little Obedience problem as it is, so. :)

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Savannah wrote:Well, we have that little Obedience problem as it is, so. :)

Fortunately one of the 12 suggestions is There Are Always Exceptions, especially for you.

Ha ha ha, obedience, shit, as if I can even keep myself in line.....
- Voltaire, Candide

Ratty

Postby Ratty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Lonesome, I'm coming over to drink your drinks and sit in your favorite chair. What flavor ice cream do you have?

euphoria101
Burning Since: 2017

Postby euphoria101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 am

Lonesomebri wrote:Must enjoy talking shit about everybody. While keeping what is directed at me, behind my back.

What about bullhorns? Are those allowed? I sort of look forward to telling people they are doing it wrong.

Just sayin'.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Postby TT120 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 am

It sounds like a lovely camp. Maybe we should move the M&G over there. We can drink all his booze and smoke all his weed.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:35 am

Hey!!!!!
This is a working thread!

I think I may have a live one on the line, so don't any of you jokers screw this up for me!

On an entirely different topic, is there any way I can disable the search feature where someone can see my past posts?
- Voltaire, Candide

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:50 pm

TT120 wrote:It sounds like a lovely camp. Maybe we should move the M&G over there. We can drink all his booze and smoke all his weed.

The host with the most!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Savannah

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:Hey!!!!!
This is a working thread!

I think I may have a live one on the line, so don't any of you jokers screw this up for me!

On an entirely different topic, is there any way I can disable the search feature where someone can see my past posts?

Not to my knowledge. What have you done? :shock:

Check your messages . . .

omegared
Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

Postby omegared » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Omega Red here. 2016 Camp Threat member. There's just a few items I would like to comment upon here...

"If your going to dance around the flames, then fall in them, we tried that last year. No thanks."
- (A campmate tripped and fell whilst running through the remains of the Man... got burned pretty good. It was stupid and an accident) How did this actually affect your burn? Did you have to do anything? I mean, I know you went on several violent rants about how said camp member should be ejected from camp and return to Reno, not for their safety, but because they were "No longer any use to the camp for tear-down." Did you actually DO anything to assist said campmate? She owned her mistake and took care of herself.

"We don't count regionals as a Burn. I count them as a picnic in some park with people who will go on to annoy me at the the actual Burn."
- Have you ever been to a regional?

"We need mules, obedient workers, not lumps sitting under the shade all day talking about what Burners they are."
- All pre-event and setup work done aside (driving YOUR GEAR to playa and setting it up while you decorated), I apologize for the fact that we woke up at 8am on post burn Monday and only had 90% of YOUR GEAR packed away before you stumbled out of your camper at 2pm only to berate the people who were working.

"Must enjoy talking shit about everybody. While keeping what is directed at me, behind my back."
- I assure you there was much shit spoken behind your back, and rightly so.

"....or, you know, just do your own thing..."
- Done. 9/12 campers will not return to Camp Threat.

Hope to NOT see you in the dust,
Omega Red
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

Ratty

Postby Ratty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Popcorn please. If it's gonna be a long fight I'll need a couple of bathroom breaks too. Don't start till I get back. Hi Lonesome. How's the romance going?

mgb327

Postby mgb327 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 pm

untitledmmm.png
untitledmmm.png (43.75 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Postby TT120 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 am

Violent rant

PS> Still seeking members who won't fall into the fire, then come back to camp complaining about the EMT response and treatment while sitting in my chair, under OUR shade shelter that Omega so graciously helped transport..
- Voltaire, Candide

Ratty

Postby Ratty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:36 am

I'm practicing short attention span and forgiveness. Lonesomebri Is generous with his time to build art all year. He gifts on playa like a madman. That's all I remember for now.

By the way, we aren't friends.

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:41 am

Pretty much everything Omega said is true, fyi
- Voltaire, Candide

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 pm

CAMP THREAT: A warning, not an example.
One way of not running a camp.

CAMP THREAT, always more of a threat to itself than anything else.

In this original post I tried to put the camp and especially myself out in a not too fabulous light, making myself the joke throughout. I understand that. It was all included in the original post. But to clarify...

I decided to run a camp because a handful of good people from a previous larger well-run camp which disbanded all lived thousands of miles away, it was harder for them to bring infrastructure, and I lived closer, so I could haul in infrastructure, and there’s also my ego involved. So I bought a 20 by 24 shade shelter, a 10X20 carport, etc. With my money. I had stoves, propane tanks, ladders, tables, chairs, lights, decorations, impact drills, lag screws, tools, bike pump, etc. I realized I was in over my head quickly though bringing on other people. I was the only camp member within 2000 miles of most the camp equipment.

Then I had a romance and bought a trailer in Michigan. With a trailer in Michigan to bring, yet most camp stuff in California, I was in a bind. Fortunately a couple of great camp members agreed to drive all the way out and bring my stuffed truck with a small flat trailer on back bulging with crap from SF to the Burn. So I rented a space to leave that, then flew to Michigan.

I tried to run a camp and provide something to the community. I filled out the forms, submitted the activities and got placed. I have no management skills, and wasn’t foreseeing how much social skill and structure was needed, how many expectations, in both the camp and the romance. And I’m disorganized and made many mistakes. The carport I brought for the kitchen was cheap, but a nightmare to set up. It became a massive task that sapped energy and morale. There was a strong team of 4 putting up the public shade structure, and so I set up lights under the shade, spotlight out front, solar lights along t-posts, frontage signs, chairs, tables, things to make it a camp; things packed in the truck. All these things I scrounged or purchased. I didn’t really help at all setting up the shade structure I had bought for tents, figuring the people utilizing that could handle it, which they did, but I should of helped anyway. I wasn’t prepared to supply a camp. Most members helped where they could, some like Omega really helped make the camp work, but some did not contribute very much, in set up, camp activity, moop, and tear down, for various reasons, mostly my managerial skills. If I left out a trash bag or empty 5 gallon bucket in the kitchen area it quickly filled with not my trash. I instilled no order, another failing. And I’m not the warmest guy around, so my social skills with some camp members was not stellar. Some I had never met before, and in a very small camp, 10 people, I wish we had some interaction before the playa.

After the Man Burn an unfortunate accident happened to a camp member and it freaked me out. Being the camp lead, I felt responsibility fall on me. I didn’t know what to do, or have the skill set needed in that situation. I felt that the wounded person leaving the playa for medical attention was in everyone's best interest at the time, and it removed the issue from me. Yes, I am selfish. I thought the injuries serious. But I was very upset over the situation. I should have been cooler and calmer. Then the next/last night I stayed out until dawn and was in no condition to dismantle the camp in the morning until well after noon. It was Monday and all that waited after take down would be gridlock exodus. Most everyone in camp helped and had things dismantled by time I climbed out. My own stuff I handled fine, but running a camp, not so good. Of course after the Burn I got to clean all that camp stuff, and pay for storage once more.

And now I get to do it again: ALL FOR THE GLORY!!!
I haven’t learned anything

But maybe you have
- Voltaire, Candide

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Postby Just_Joe » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:I haven’t learned anything

Bullshit. It was better this year.

And don't do it for the glory. Be like me and do it for the broken coolers, odd rolls of toilet paper and tents that people leave behind gift you.

uncle sticky

Postby uncle sticky » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Do you anything gluten free? I don't want to be all bloated for cross-fit.
The handbasket to hell is leaving. Hop in world!

Kelsier
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp Fuego

Postby Kelsier » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:47 pm

When I come visit your camp (you won't be far from me) how do I know which is your chair?
It seems that this is my circus, and apparently those are my monkeys.
I'll get the net.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:12 am

After one year of folks wanting to camp "next" to us, then having to deal with their use of our kitchen and shade because we are friends after all, and their obnoxious playa wives, and then having them sit on their butts and watch the worker bees pack up ... nope. No more. My worker bees deserve better than a dozen drones to cater to.

Jason-Healer

Do you have any space left in your Burning Man camp this year for new members?

Postby Jason-Healer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Hello beautiful Burners.

I am still looking for a camp to join last minute. I am from upstate NY This will be my 3rd burn. I would love to join a fun camp with people from all over the world, I can do some volunteer work depending on what it is. I would like to know what kind of camp dues are involved in joining your camp and what the camp dues include? Such as shared food/meals, water, showers, etc. I look forward to growing with your camp and empowering it's members, with strength and abundance. I will be happy to answer any and all questions you may have and I am sure that I will have many questions to ask you about your camp too. Please let me know soon though if you are still accepting members for this year. The best way to reach me is my phone at 716-465-0913.

Thank You.

Lonesomebri

Postby Lonesomebri » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:12 am

Represented!
represent.jpg
- Voltaire, Candide

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Postby GreyCoyote » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Bri: You tried that cop-donut-fishing thing, didnt you... :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”