Spiritual and Meditation Journey Suggestions

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
savibravo
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Monkey Pirate Pirate Monkey

Spiritual and Meditation Journey Suggestions

Post by savibravo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 am

I have been practicing meditation for over 2 years and want to make my trip to the playa as spiritual/meditative as possible. I know that there are numerous spiritual activities at HeeBeeGeeBee Healers and Camp Mystic, but I'd like to discover the lesser known/deep spiritual/meditative sessions held in deep playa or at the temple, etc.

I don't want to miss a really cool session with a well known guru or a very unique deepening enlightening experience in deep playa.

Do you know any other camps that have a spiritual/meditation focus?

Do you know when group meditations typically happen in deep playa?

Thanks!

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: Spiritual and Meditation Journey Suggestions

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:23 am

My #1 rule of enjoying Burning Man: don't make decisions based on fear of missing out.*

If you're dead set on setting destinations and expectations for yourself, which as a whole the members of this board passionately recommend against (see rule #1), then my suggestion would be to peruse the art installations that are planned for the playa, including the honoraria-recieving art. You're bound to find some based on the ideas of intention-setting, meditation, yoga, whatever. You could then reach out to them and ask if/when they're planning to hold events around their art pieces. Likewise, take a look at the online What, Where, When guide, which includes public events throughout BRC and the open playa. If it's not in the online guide, there's a reason for that, and the reason generally has to do with rule #1.

*The 0th rule is, of course, be prepared enough that I don't MOOP my dead body.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

savibravo
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Monkey Pirate Pirate Monkey

Re: Spiritual and Meditation Journey Suggestions

Post by savibravo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:36 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:My #1 rule of enjoying Burning Man: don't make decisions based on fear of missing out.*

[/size]

Right on, I definitely know about rule #1! Was just hoping to find other camps that offer other types of meditation opportunities. I will def check out the guide!

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”