Tango'd Up in Blues is almost full.

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2017.
elsensei
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Tango'd Up In Blues

Tango'd Up in Blues is almost full.

Post by elsensei » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Hey y'all-

I'm Elsensei, and I lead Tango'd Up In Blues. We bring Blues and Tango partner dance to Burning Man.

For 2017 we are at Inner Circle and 4:45, most likely tucked in the crook of Lamplighters L-shaped camp.

Our offering is the playa's only shaded, all-weather, quadruple-sprung dance floor. At 1600 square feet, we have plenty of room for all kinds of mischief. We teach yoga and stretching classes in the morning, dance and connection skillshare type events during the day, Blues and Tango classes in the afternoons and then we host dance parties just about every night. Last year we also had contact improv and cyr wheel, who knows what this year will bring. :)

We are not an EDM camp but tend toward more lyrical music.

Everyone at TUIB helps produce our offering. We are serious about what we bring to the Playa and we improve our execution every year. TUIB has a few spaces left for the right applicants. If you're a dance or want to be, and want to connect with a fantastic group of people to help create something memorable, see our application at http://bluestango.com/camping-with-tuib/.

Regardless, come dance with us. :)

See you on playa.

Elsensei

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: Tango'd Up in Blues is almost full.

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm

I sure hope we're neighbors, Tango'd Up in Blues! It's so lovely to have you nearby every year - what you guys bring is wonderful and very, very welcome. I recall a pleasant afternoon learning some tai chi on that quadruple-sprung dance floor, and I know several of my fellow lamplighter villagers are regulars for the more ballroom-type events...
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

elsensei
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Tango'd Up In Blues

Re: Tango'd Up in Blues is almost full.

Post by elsensei » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Oh, excellent! Thank you so much for saying so. We love what we do, and it's so gratifying to hear that you've enjoyed what we bring. I do think we are neighbors, and I'm looking forward to a continued great relationship with Lamplighters. :)

Much love,

Elsensei

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”