Shipping 1-ton van from San Jose to BRC?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Shipping 1-ton van from San Jose to BRC?

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 am

Admiral Fukkit wrote:Sure Wish I'd Finished Training
Training? HA! Now it is all "mentors". What a nice, soft word. MyLarry trained for Central; when Swift bought them out, he trained a couple more students. He quit because he did not want to die. He recommended they not hire his last trainee as the guy could not drive. Swift hired him anyway, and sure enough, the guy burned the tires off his trailer in under a week.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 am

BrotherNomad wrote:
For the ticket, Im thinking because there are ins and outs for BRC, I could buy somebody's unnamed legitimate ticket stub, an unused vehicle pass; go to the gate and pay the $20 re entry fee to enter BRC mid-week, as I understand the rules (rules might be different or changed).

I've been for BRC '14, '15, '16. I really don't want to miss '17.
You obviously do not know how the re-entry works. This plan is not only repugnant, but doomed to failure. You'll get your ass banned.

mrchiff
Burning Since: 1999

Post by mrchiff » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:31 am

BrotherNomad wrote: For the ticket, Im thinking because there are ins and outs for BRC, I could buy somebody's unnamed legitimate ticket stub, an unused vehicle pass; go to the gate and pay the $20 re entry fee to enter BRC mid-week, as I understand the rules (rules might be different or changed).
Yeah - no! You don't have an understanding, but you have fun.

Zubeneschamali
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: The Chariot Project

Post by Zubeneschamali » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:05 pm

C'mon, this is seriously Dr. Evil level planning, I give the OP all the love and light and playa manifestations that I can send. Do you feel it, huh? Do you? Take it bitch! TAKE IT TAKE IT!!!!

If you do actually succeed in this endeavor and find yourself towed assbackwards into a camp after finding gently used tickets at the craps table in Reno, then you my friend are a God. And I will bring you the finest bottle of hootch I can afford and I'll lay it gently at your feet.

BrotherNomad
Burning Since: 2014

Post by BrotherNomad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm

I wanted to pass the towing by the receiver idea by people with real world towing experience. I've never heard or seen it done and I now I know the reason why.

I've had that (possible) way for a broke person to get into BRC for the latter half of the week since before my first burn, being the most broke in four years I wanted to pass it by veterans.

It looks like I will have to miss BRC 2017 because my dad is taking my family to Austrailia, and they're using that as leverage against me not going to BRC 2017. You bet your ticket and vehicle pass that if I had the defaultia dollars I would be a citizen of BRC this year.

Im trying to use this as a tailwind & use the time to practice practice practice for the drive test, which upon passing I'm calling Werner to get into a semi-tractor and begin trucking so I can begin to afford to fully live life.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”