Two RV spots for fun burner girls in their 20s?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
emmasilem
Burning Since: 2016

Two RV spots for fun burner girls in their 20s?

Post by emmasilem » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:21 am

Hello!

My friend and I are looking for two spots in an RV. We are from NY, but are willing to travel of course.

LunaRBM
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Two RV spots for fun burner girls in their 20s?

Post by LunaRBM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:37 pm

hi,

My BF and I are renting a RV from Salt Lake City. the RV is good for 8 people and we are looking to fill 5-6. Right now its just me, my BF and one of his guy from SF who will join us later in the Playa. I am 24 and my bf and his friend are at their early 30s. He is also located in NYC. Please let me know if you are interested and PM me if you want to know more.

Thank you

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Post by Admiral Fukkit » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Ah, the old "this RV sleeps 8" misconception.
With that many, you'll have to be REAL tight on water use, it may inconveniently sleep 8 by making the dining table into an uncomfortable, too-short bed that's in everyone's way and by making the couch into another bed that's totally in the way, but the water and drain tanks won't support that many people for a week.
Especially ones who aren't familiar with RVs. Someone is going to blow half your water in a single shower. And the toilet tank is gonna be full by mid-week.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:45 am

Let's see, isn't it four (4) people in the master bedroom bed, and then two (2) each on the couch, and short dining room table bed? Maybe someone will even get pissed and try sleeping upright in one of the front chairs. The floor might be nice, with a mat.

Better hope you're the one who can sleep anywhere, though you'll probably also be the one who snores too.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Skuzzy61
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Skuzzy61 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 am

Last year (2016) I ran into so many people who were complaining about their RV situation. It was all due to the lack of space and comprehension of what it takes to manage the resources of the RV.

I know our 28' RV was just the right size for 2 people. Anymore than that and we would have been at each others throats by the end of the week.
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes, pls 100 to the above. It's important to know that when RV companies (sales or rental) say things like "sleeps x" they are basing that number on a typical weekend getaway or other minimal luggage adventure, and they assume that the entire group only really ever needs to be inside it while sleeping. Burning Man is not only a longer event, but requires significantly more gear and supplies, making quarters get cramped quickly. Unless you've camped in an RV at Burning Man before, you may want to cut the estimated numbers in half.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

We found that bringing tents for storage and/or privacy was helpful.

People's sleep schedules get weird out there.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 am

And then there's random roadkill someone drags in to fuck right when you all want to cook diner.

Ah, but the stories you'll tell about the fools that ruined your Burning Man! Priceless.

Skuzzy61
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Skuzzy61 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am

Here is another way to look at it.

If you cram 4, or more, people into a 28 footish RV and all the supplies needed for a week, then there is a good chance you do not have enough supplies. We (just two of us) filled every nook and cranny of our RV.

We actually had slightly too much, but that is a much better and enjoyable experience than having too little.
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

LunaRBM
Burning Since: 2017

Post by LunaRBM » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 am

Appreciate for all the comments from our male counterpart. I said the RV sleeps 8 I am only filling 5 people max 6. Two other members are going to drive in on their own bringing their own food and water supply. Hopefully that answers your very necessary concern :P

if you have all other useful comments and concerns please let me know. Still in the planning process looking to finalize this weekend. Def need all tips from experienced burners.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”