Low Income Application for Burners Abroad

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Low Income Application for Burners Abroad

Postby kiss-o-matic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Howdy

I have a friend that should at least apply for a Low Income ticket, but their last couple of years were abroad, in a non-english speaking country. As such, tax forms and whatnot would not be in English (w/o a translation). A Professional one can get pricey... maybe there are forms on the internet that explain what each field is if one searches.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know many factors are taken into account for the low income tickets... but I'm wondering if they'd throw the W2-equivalent forms out the window when they realize they are written in chicken scratch. :D

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Low Income Application for Burners Abroad

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Put some notes in with the forms to indicate what the fields mean. Don't count on anyone being able to decipher foreign tax forms, or finding someone who can. The easier you make it on them, the greater chance they'll take the effort to consider the form.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Low Income Application for Burners Abroad

Postby kiss-o-matic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:49 am

BBadger wrote:Put some notes in with the forms to indicate what the fields mean. Don't count on anyone being able to decipher foreign tax forms, or finding someone who can. The easier you make it on them, the greater chance they'll take the effort to consider the form.

Worth a shot -- cheers.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”