Burning Man 2017 Ticket Information

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Burning Man 2017 Ticket Information

Post by trilobyte » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Burning Man 2017 Ticket information can be found here.
  • There will be 5,000 tickets in the Pre-Sale, which starts at noon PST on February 1.
  • There will be 4,000 tickets available via the Low Income Ticket program, with applications being accepted from noon PDT on February 15.
  • There will be 26,000 tickets in the Directed Group Sale, which starts at noon PST on March 1.
  • There will be 30,000 tickets in the Main Sale, which takes place at noon PDT on March 29.
  • There will be 500 tickets at $1,200 made available through Burner Profiles beginning at noon PDT on April 5.
  • A further 2,000 tickets will be in the OMG Sale, which takes place at noon PDT on August 2.
The Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) will open for sellers at noon PDT on April 12 and close on July 17. STEP will open for those seeking tickets at noon PDT on April 26 and close on July 21.

After being $390 for the last few years, the regular ticket price sees an increase to $425. All other ticket prices (low income, pre-sale, etc) remain the same.

Further information can be found on the Burning Man Ticket Info page. As has been the case for the last few years, you will need a Burner Profile and will need to pre-register in order to participate in one of the ticket sales - if you don't have one, go here to create one.

And the Burning Man Journal's post about 2017 ticket sales has also gone live, you can find that here.

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Re: Burning Man 2017 Ticket Information

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:34 am

QUESTION: Ticket page says presale tickets are not able to be resold through STEP, is there a way to purchase them safely if we miss the presale and/or they sell out? I saw plenty for sale on the board last year though?
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:01 am

tattooedreceptionist wrote:QUESTION: Ticket page says presale tickets are not able to be resold through STEP, is there a way to purchase them safely if we miss the presale and/or they sell out? I saw plenty for sale on the board last year though?
It is a gamble, you have to take the normal precautions. Just because someone knows enough about the burn to post on eplaya and fake being a burner does not mean you should skip being careful and cautious.

tattooedreceptionist
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 am

AntiM wrote:
tattooedreceptionist wrote:QUESTION: Ticket page says presale tickets are not able to be resold through STEP, is there a way to purchase them safely if we miss the presale and/or they sell out? I saw plenty for sale on the board last year though?
It is a gamble, you have to take the normal precautions. Just because someone knows enough about the burn to post on eplaya and fake being a burner does not mean you should skip being careful and cautious.
Thank you for the response!! I'll stick to whatever I can get through the sales and/or STEP, then! :D
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

ernvey1369
Burning Since: 2017

Post by ernvey1369 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:57 am

Virgin here! I have created my Burner Profile. I am making the assumption that on Wednesday, March 22nd a box to check or a link will appear in my profile to register for the main sale. There is nothing there now obviously. Can anyone shed some light, please?
Thanks!

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Post by JayBobBoy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:19 am

If it's the same or similar to last year...your assumption is correct. Once your burner profile is set up correctly all you need to do is logon during the registration window and follow the link that appears. After that...the free for all begins. Good luck!

Good job getting your ducks in a row!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

ernvey1369

Post by ernvey1369 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:22 am

Excellent! Thanks!

WildernessEnthusiast

Post by WildernessEnthusiast » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 am

Anyone know what time the ticket sales come out in the UK??

Direct group sale and main sale??

Thanks in advance, peace and love

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am

Direct is over. Main sale is pacific time (think San Francisco) Fonda time converter for the UK
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 am

lucky420 wrote: Fonda time converter for the UK
Fonda.jpg
Sic Semper Spectatores

WildernessEnthusiast

Post by WildernessEnthusiast » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 am

I think it's 7pm GMT?

If any other fellow Britain's are out there - please correct me or make me feel less anxious haha!

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 am

WildernessEnthusiast wrote:I think it's 7pm GMT?

If any other fellow Britain's are out there - please correct me or make me feel less anxious haha!

I use this web site to convert time zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... assic.html

As Daylight Savings time seems to start on different dates for different countries, make sure you take both countries into account.

Good Luck
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:14 am

VultureChow wrote:
lucky420 wrote: Fonda time converter for the UK
Fonda.jpg

Thank you
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm not brittish though you are welcome in the time confusion :D
It is nine hours early for me, (The sun rises 06:00 in BRC at 15:00 my local, will be 02:00 pm on your side of the Channel)
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

WildernessEnthusiast

Post by WildernessEnthusiast » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 am

Traveller in Time wrote:I'm not brittish though you are welcome in the time confusion :D
It is nine hours early for me, (The sun rises 06:00 in BRC at 15:00 my local, will be 02:00 pm on your side of the Channel)
So you think it will be around 2pm my time when the tickets go on sale?

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Sorry, Managed to confuse even more

noon PDT, 12:00 am Pacific Daylight Time would be 08:00 am for you. (considering it is not summertime anywhere this side of the equator)

I like to see the sun rise in the desert (Gerlach webcam)
Hmm there is a clock on the picture matching my alarm clock.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

antio

Post by antio » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:20 pm

That Barbarella poster had me in stitches!!

If you are converting time zones, do take the DATE into account. In many countries the time changes this Sunday. In the US, it has already changed. If you're comparing timezones today, the result won't necessarily be the same next week.

To be honest, BM couldn't have picked a worse week in the year for the sale... :(

jdcole

Post by jdcole » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am

I'm not seeing anything in Burner Profiles re: the 4/05 sale. Am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks!
Jason

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:18 am

jdcole wrote:I'm not seeing anything in Burner Profiles re: the 4/05 sale. Am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks!
Jason
I'm wondering the same thing: Will the link pop up at noon or will we have to refresh the page at noon?

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 am

Unless there's some sort of Javascript countdown timer on the page to do it for you, I would refresh manually.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

jpeck

Post by jpeck » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:57 am

Did anyone figure out how to get tickets today? I still don't see anything on my profile indicating I can purchase tickets. Thanks

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Well that $1200 sale was crazy. Clicked the "$1200 tickets" button that turned up in my Burning Man profile and a page came up saying I did not have permission for that, here's the URL:

https://www.ticketfly.com/backstage/eve ... romo=REDUX

So I removed the ?promo=REDUX, copied the URL and pasted it into a new window, which then asked for the promo code which I entered w/o capital letters and was taken into the TicketFly page, already had an account there . . . success, see U in the dust! <3

jpeck

Post by jpeck » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

leave that session open and open a new session to log into your BM profile. It should show you are already logged in and then click the link to buy tickets again. Not sure why that worked but it did. Good luck

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

I just logged into my profile, clicked the button and was taken immediately to the purchase page. I'd try closing the browser tab (or surfing away from the page) and clearing your cache, then try logging back in and clicking the button. If it doesn't work, contact ticketsupport@burningman.org with details of your account and error you're seeing. Be sure to include your device/OS, as well as the browser you're using. Good luck!

LeonardPotato

Buy to sell

Post by LeonardPotato » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:51 pm

So I got a ticket and not a vehicle pass.

I am considering buying a $1200 ticket along with a vehicle pass and then simply reselling the $1200 ticket for face value.

Any thoughts on this? I really don't want to do all my prep only to not be able to get a vehicle pass.
To days of inspiration, playing hooky, making something out of nothing. The need to express, to communicate. To going against the grain, going insane, going mad. To love and tension, no pension. To more than one dimension

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm against being able to resell presale tickets at original sticker-price, rather than the actual value of main sale ticket prices (regardless of motivation, but usually in order to hedge against missing a ticket in the main sale). I'm not opposed, however, to post-main-sale tickets being resold for whatever they were priced at. That includes just for obtaining an accompanying vehicle pass, especially given the inherent risk of fronting $1200.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Dr Dilemma
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Re: Buy to sell

Post by Dr Dilemma » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 am

LeonardPotato wrote:So I got a ticket and not a vehicle pass.

I am considering buying a $1200 ticket along with a vehicle pass and then simply reselling the $1200 ticket for face value.

Any thoughts on this? I really don't want to do all my prep only to not be able to get a vehicle pass.
You may find it hard to resell a $1200 ticket. The fact that you can still buy one of the 500 they released yesterday speaks to how many folks are willing to buy a ticket at that price.

Enough of the lower tier tickets have typically become available after the OMG sale / tickets get mailed out that folks don't generally see the need to buy one at this price.

ecoita
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Duane's Whirld

Post by ecoita » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:19 am

You'll have to wait about 2-3 weeks before the event starts to see demands increase for legitimate tickets. It may sell before then but I will be shocked if the week before its not gone. But like anything, its still a gamble. An expensive, risky, high stakes gamble.

Have fun!!! :mrgreen:
If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 am

Speaking personally, using presale or art tickets as a means to hedge one's bets is kind of a jerky move. That includes both buying a higher priced ticket and then reselling it at face value after you've secured a lower priced ticket, or buying the premium ticket to get a vehicle pass, and then selling off the ticket sans vehicle pass. Buying the higher priced ticket is all fine and good if you can afford it and are willing to step things up, but then turning around and passing that ticket along at full price (especially once you score something cheaper) is essentially using your financial means to get an advantage over the community at large.

Putting the moderator hat back on, vehicle passes will be available in the after-market, and typically start shaking loose as summertime approaches and camps and groups work out their travel schedules and transportation logistics. Additionally, there will be a fairly decent quantity of vehicle passes made available in the OMG sale (as there has been in years past).

I'm closing this thread up - with the presale, DGS, and main sales all now over the ticket information announcement is all pretty old news. If you have questions about ticket information, please see the ticket info & support page linked in my signature.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”