ERROR - code assigned to you was already used

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
funkill
Burning Since: 2016

ERROR - code assigned to you was already used

Post by funkill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:14 pm

What the heck? I received this message when trying to register for 2017 Main Sale:
"ERROR: You are not eligible to register for the Main Sale. A code assigned to you was already used to buy tickets in a previous sale."

I did register and purchase ONE ticket during the Presale - but the info site says that it won't prevent you from purchasing in the Main Sale. Other than that, I have not registered for anything else...

Anyone have any ideas?
FunKi
Last edited by funkill on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrCook
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Cosmic Giggle

Re: ERROR - code assigned to you was already used

Post by DrCook » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Also bought a ticket in the pre-sale and got the same message

teppy

Post by teppy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm getting the same error code, as are campmates who bought tickets in the presale. We've each written to ticket support.

funkill

Post by funkill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 pm

I kept trying - logging in and out three times - third time using my username (vs my email) and it worked!

The first few times I did get into my account by using my email address as my user name. But each time received the same ERROR message when I tried to register. Last time used my registered username (funkill) and got in...

Cheers - FunKi

DrCook
Camp Name: Cosmic Giggle

Post by DrCook » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Hmm, that's weird. I logged out and back in again and this time it worked. In both cases I was using the same login info, with username but not full email.

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Chowski » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

But if you all already have tickets from the Pre-Sale, why do you need to enter the Main Sale?

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm

BINGO ^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

engineer2012
Burning Since: 2012

Post by engineer2012 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Chowski wrote:But if you all already have tickets from the Pre-Sale, why do you need to enter the Main Sale?
This
"If you wish to go to extremes, let it be in sweetness, patience, humility and charity." - St. Philip Neri

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:39 pm

What they said above.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

MrBeardy
Burning Since: 2011

Post by MrBeardy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

engineer2012 wrote:
Chowski wrote:But if you all already have tickets from the Pre-Sale, why do you need to enter the Main Sale?
This
Weird, as from the BM Tickets reddit post today about this topic, the Burning Man Ticketing group stated the following regarding buying in presale and main sale:
"We are about groups of people collaborating and working collectively, so doing this in that way, too could make sense. People are often trying to buy for their group, and can afford the higher price, so we don’t want to inadvertently thwart that behavior which is on the up-and-up."

Regular_lurker
Burning Since: 2002

Post by Regular_lurker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47 pm

What they said ^^^

Will all the old grumpy jaded burners please raise their hand? Even before this great response from ticketing, who are you guys to judge someone behaving perfectly within the rules set up by bmorg? If they didn't want people to do that then they could easily change the rules. If you have a problem with the rules set by bmorg you can bother them about it, not some individual who came on eplaya simply looking for computer help.

funkill

Post by funkill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Well, because, like I said, I only bought ONE in the pre-sale. Kiddos will have to wait to see if mama can get the less expensive lottery tix for them. Otherwise, they don't get to go! Make sense? Does to moi.

Suspicious bunch you all are..... feeling the love. Intent of post was to get that sense of community, bond together and figure it out. Cheers friends.

Chowski

Post by Chowski » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Gosh! You three sure are defensive, huh? I asked a simple question about your needs for more than the tickets you already have. It's not like I accused you of gaming the system by buying a pre-sale ticket for insurance, and then standing in the way of other people getting tickets by snatching up the limited number knowing that you can always sell or scalp whichever of your many, many tickets end up being of a higher price. I hope you have a great time at Burning Man, with all the tickets you have purchased.

Regular_lurker

Post by Regular_lurker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Regular_lurker wrote:Will all the old grumpy jaded burners please raise their hand?
Thank you for your cooperation Chowski.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:08 pm

* waving hand frantically in the air...
I'm cranky as fuck right now. I'm Judge Judy right now, thats who I am to judge. This place (eplaya) can get down right judgy sometimes.

The edibles should be kicking in within the next 30 so I'll probably not be crabby then.

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Regular_lurker wrote:Will all the old grumpy jaded burners please raise their hand? Even before this great response from ticketing, who are you guys to judge someone behaving perfectly within the rules set up by bmorg? If they didn't want people to do that then they could easily change the rules. If you have a problem with the rules set by bmorg you can bother them about it, not some individual who came on eplaya simply looking for computer help.
BMORG policies are not based on moral reasoning any more than the laws of this country.

We are more than entitled to judge BMORG policies and the people who exploit them.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

funkill

Post by funkill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Chowski wrote:Gosh! You three sure are defensive, huh? I asked a simple question about your needs for more than the tickets you already have. It's not like I accused you of gaming the system by buying a pre-sale ticket for insurance, and then standing in the way of other people getting tickets by snatching up the limited number knowing that you can always sell or scalp whichever of your many, many tickets end up being of a higher price. I hope you have a great time at Burning Man, with all the tickets you have purchased.
Wow. Seriously never expected this attitude on eplaya. I'm taking an RV again this year. The $900 pre-sale ticket was paid in good faith and provided the needed assurance before spending considerable $$ on my 1971 trailer repairs - to hopefully house my teens and a couple friends.
Thought my post on my problem & resolution would be of benefit. Not posted to get suspicious bullying from those who have no idea of my prior involvement or contributions.

FunKi

funkill

Post by funkill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 pm

(This post intentionally almost blank). But I am sorry to be reminded that not everyone here is that lovely person you can hardly wait to meet ....

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 pm

:mrgreen:
God I love all of you guys
Can't wait to see you

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Funkill, Welcome to eplaya. I'm sorry that your welcome is so judgmental. Some people start spinning in the air and pissing all over the walls at the mention of someone buying both tickets. (For which you paid a dear price .) Personally I couldn't care less. Some people use multiple names or friends. Some people have 2 or 3 hookups going at once. Some people fake poverty and go for the low income. These things are no secret. For the last 2 years I've been a ticket beggar. I missed out in the main sale. I was offered high priced tickets by some of the same people that regularly pitch a fit over double dipping. (Which by the way is well within the rules.) Thank you for keeping the cost down for everyone else. The event is irresistible. People are going to do whatever works for them. I hope you get 2 more and bring all the kids. I'll hug you in person later.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Chowski

Post by Chowski » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am

Aw. Am I bullying you? Oh wait, no. See below -

bul·ly1.
[ˈbo͝olē]

NOUN

1.a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who areweaker.

synonyms: persecutor · oppressor · tyrant · tormentor · intimidator ·
[more]

VERB

1.use superior strengthor influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants:

"a local man was bullied into helping them"

I have no power to stop the scalpers from gaming the system. I have no power to influence BMORG to stop skewing the playing field to the great advantage of the wealthy parasite class who come in their RVs to observe and consume what I create and provide. You and I are equals here on ePlaya, and I simply asked why you felt entitled to more tickets than those you already have. YOU, my dear friend, have resorted to name calling. I'd say it was "bullying", but again, neither of us here has a power advantage over the other. Except perhaps she who has the massive amounts of money to buy a More Important Than You ticket, rent an RV, and invite multiple guests to join her at her expense. A bit of advice - perhaps flaunting your wealth isn't the best way to introduce yourself. Google search White Ocean 2016.

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash. Not a Placer

Post by Papa Bear » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

Chowski wrote:I simply asked why you felt entitled to more tickets than those you already have.
She didn't say she was entitled to more tickets that she already had. She wanted the chance to try to buy more tickets than she already has (which is something the rules permit), so that she can bring her teenage kids along.

She apparently has two teenage kids. She would only be able to buy two tickets in the main sale. So in order to get three tickets (to cover the entire family) without gaming the system by having other friends buy tickets for her in the main sale, she has chosen to buy one of them in the pre-sale.

In other words, she's acted in a completely above-board and ethical manner, even though it costs her more money than other approaches might.
Chowski wrote:she who has the massive amounts of money to buy a More Important Than You ticket, rent an RV, and invite multiple guests to join her at her expense.
A presale ticket is not a "more important than you" ticket. If you need more than two tickets for your family, it's pretty much the only officially sanctioned/ethical way to do so (well, assuming you're not the sort of parent that gives a teenage kid his/her own credit card).

Also, repairing, hauling, and staying in a 1971 trailer is a far cry from renting an RV. And in most families, the parents do pay for the teenagers to go on vacation with them. She said nothing about paying for other guests, just letting them share her 46-year-old trailer.

Is the trend of people buying a presale ticket as "insurance" with the intent of selling it if they succeed in the main sale problematic? Sure. But funkill isn't one of those people. In fact, hers is the clearest example I've seen of a good reason to allow one person to purchase tickets in both sales.

Regular_lurker

Post by Regular_lurker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 am

Bingo^^^

Now who's getting defensive Chowski? It seems that all the grumps of eplaya always assume the worst. Papa bear nailed it. I'd rather have someone with a so called "More important than you" ticket than a person with a "more important than you" attitude at the event.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 am

How about this: the policy allowing those who can afford the pre-sale to also participate in the main sale sucks all kinds of ass. To those who can afford to do this, expect some bitterness from those who can't.

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash. Not a Placer

Post by Papa Bear » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

vargaso wrote:How about this: the policy allowing those who can afford the pre-sale to also participate in the main sale sucks all kinds of ass.
Nope. Like most things, it has both positives and negatives.

On the positive side, it provides a legit way for families with more than two people over the age of 12 to obtain the tickets they need.

On the negative side, it enables "insurance" buying/reselling, though we've no hard data on how much that actually happens.

Personally, I suspect insurance buying is probably no more prevalent than people who only need one ticket in the main sale buying two so they can have the option of making it available to a friend/lover later on, which also contributes to scarcity. But again, there's no real data to back things up either way.

vargaso

Post by vargaso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 am

Papa Bear wrote:
vargaso wrote:How about this: the policy allowing those who can afford the pre-sale to also participate in the main sale sucks all kinds of ass.
Nope. Like most things, it has both positives and negatives.

On the positive side, it provides a legit way for families with more than two people over the age of 12 to obtain the tickets they need.

On the negative side, it enables "insurance" buying/reselling, though we've no hard data on how much that actually happens.

Personally, I suspect insurance buying is probably no more prevalent than people who only need one ticket in the main sale buying two so they can have the option of making it available to a friend/lover later on, which also contributes to scarcity. But again, there's no real data to back things up either way.
I'm not arguing that the policy isn't efficacious for those who can afford it. I'm arguing that the BMORG builds in an advantage for those who already have an inherent advantage in the first place with being relatively well-off. If you're surprised that generates some bitterness, I don't know what to tell you.

Regular_lurker

Post by Regular_lurker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 am

I'm not surprised by the bitterness. I think it would really brighten this place up if people kept it to themselves. Especially in a thread where someone was just seeking help with a website error. I hope you leave that bitterness at home when you go to the event, unfortunately not everybody does.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 am

Hahahaha no, it's a public forum and every body gets to imput. Most people here are wayyyyy nicer in person.

Besides if it was nice all the time it would get boring. YMMV :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

vargaso

Post by vargaso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Regular_lurker wrote:I'm not surprised by the bitterness. I think it would really brighten this place up if people kept it to themselves. Especially in a thread where someone was just seeking help with a website error. I hope you leave that bitterness at home when you go to the event, unfortunately not everybody does.
It's not really even bitterness, I just think the policy is flat out wrong and will speak out against it when it comes up. As for brightening up Eplaya? Well, you must be new to internet forums.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Nope. I'm nicer online. Hi Lucky.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Tickets Discussion”