2017 Ticket Waiting Room??

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Re: It's.... The 2017 Main Sale Excitement & Congrats Thread!

Post by ACfromSAC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 pm

berzins wrote:I got my ticket. After so many horror stories, I got mine, and will be fulfilling a long neglected dream to come home to Burning Man 2017.

Double shot of Rum to celebrate. Now the chills kick in, and it is time to hunt for a cheap airfare. =D

To all the burners that were not so lucky as me: Best luck on STEP and OMG.

See ya on the playa.
Congratulations! The burn will be whatever you make of it... so make something of it! See you in the dust.

sebdeux
Burning Since: 2011

Post by sebdeux » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:41 pm

I tried this year to order with my phone, I got in the queue, waited 10 min then it was my turn!... They then redirected me to the Ticketfly app, OK I follow the redirection, once in the app I got this pop up "you are redirected to the Ticketfly website" and then.... BACK TO THE FUCKING QUEUE, it was sold out shortly after.
Super frustrating as usual.

EGAZ
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:47 pm

>> PURCHASE REPORT:
  • I had two laptops on the same (Cox) WAN IP and my phone (ATT) on its cell WAN IP.

Used my Code link from the Registration email on all browsers. (FF with lots of lockdown)

All three in the que at 11:15am.

All finished walking by 11:29am.

All three kicked to the waiting for the sale to begin page.

Refreshed the laptops at 11:59am, nothing.

Refreshed the phone at 11:59, On to the walkin' man bar!

Refreshed the laptops again at 12:00pm, both be walkin' the man.....

All three continue strolling for 15 mins. I noticed each device had a different Que ID. Though if two browsers are on the same device, the same que ID is used. So i dropped to one browser on each device.

20mins in I get kicked to the purchase page on the phone. :)

5mins later I have two tickets and a VP.
The Walkin' Man on the laptops continued to the finish but said the 'code has been used' when bounced to the purchase page.

Karma liked me today...... Thank you Karma! :) :mrgreen:
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Sorry to hear it, Sebdeux, but yeah... one of the pitfalls of using a phone during a high demand ticket on-sale.

kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Post by kiss-o-matic » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Kinda weird... I got in just as all tickets were in carts. I kept refreshing...sometimes with one available, sometimes not. Rather than risk it, I only tried to get 1 ticket as it popped up as opposed to 2. So, I walked away with one ticket and no VP. I guess I can always walk. So, still one to go or I will never hear the end of it from my girlfriend. It's already started. :evil: Better than no ticket though.

tattooedreceptionist
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 pm

kiss-o-matic wrote:Kinda weird... I got in just as all tickets were in carts. I kept refreshing...sometimes with one available, sometimes not. Rather than risk it, I only tried to get 1 ticket as it popped up as opposed to 2. So, I walked away with one ticket and no VP. I guess I can always walk. So, still one to go or I will never hear the end of it from my girlfriend. It's already started. :evil: Better than no ticket though.
That's where I ended up >.< ugh onto the next wednesdays $1200 sale!!
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:47 pm

@Blue Bike - you should get in touch with ticketsupport@burningman.org to provide your order #, burner profile info, and pertinent details so they can take care of things on their end. Without their assistance, the system would probably prevent you from registering for either STEP or the OMG sale because you had participated in the main sale.

@kiss-o-matic - glad to hear you at least got something. As always, keep your eyes open for announcements on the ticket boards in the coming weeks, and stay active in the community. Hopefully you'll get what you need, a fair number of tickets do change hands between purchase and the gates (people change jobs, have kids, etc).

Dustronaut
Burning Since: 2017

Post by Dustronaut » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:55 pm

I got in! I'll be going for the first time this year! My guy ran across the screen and within 6 minutes I was buying 2 tickets and a vehicle pass :) I'm ecstatic that it's actually happening! I'll be going with 2 friends and they didn't get good spots in the queue so it was lucky that I got in near the front. We need to find one more ticket between now and August but I assured them we would somehow.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Congrats and condolences as appropriate. Our little camp didn't fare so well. Oh well, that's Burning Man. Begging without sounding needy is an art.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Blue_Bike
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: As of 2017, Rootpile Bluegrass Camp

Post by Blue_Bike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:18 pm

trilobyte wrote:@Blue Bike - you should get in touch with ticketsupport@burningman.org to provide your order #, burner profile info, and pertinent details so they can take care of things on their end. Without their assistance, the system would probably prevent you from registering for either STEP or the OMG sale because you had participated in the main sale.
Thank you kind sir. I have emailed Ticket Support as you suggested. And for your information and others here at ePlaya I will keep you advised as to the response I receive. I hope to see you and as many other ePlayans as possible in the dust this summer!
Fearlessly be Honest.
Honestly be Kind.
Tirelessly be Passionate.
Passionately be Creative.
Openly be Joyful.
Mindfully be the Person You Want to Be.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Our camp got ZERO tickets so far. Wow. We've usually scored about 50% of what we needed in the main sale, doesn't look like we'll get even close to that this time. We bring art projects and volunteer around, but we're not a registered camp, so no DGS tickets. Well...

narnar

Post by narnar » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Got my ticket after less than 10minutes in queue... super excited virgin here~!!!

Now.. to figure out the rest of the 90%. Praying for camp love.

paul_bennett

Post by paul_bennett » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Very excitement.

Jordan 10-E
Burning Since: 2002

Post by Jordan 10-E » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Rather than start another thread I will post here:

QUESTION: Did anybody else get the "Unknown Line" error, requiring a refresh? If you did, I want to know if you actually got a ticket or not?

I logged into the Waiting Room at 11:30 and started to wait. Looked at another tab on my browser for a second and when I came back to waiting room it said, "Unknown Line. The link you used seems to be broken. We cannot recognize the line it is referring to." I reclicked my email access link to get the room to come back up. Seemed fine. Then when the sale started my clock was about a minute and a half out of sync. I didn't get a ticket. I don't use Twitter but it apparently Burning Man posted there calling it a "hiccup" and that everything was fine.

I can't help but wonder if this hiccup messed with my access to tickets. So again, DID ANY OF YOU GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE AND STILL GET TICKETS? If at least one person says they still did I can let this nagging question out of my mind.
10E

Hey Daisy

Post by Hey Daisy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Jordan 10-E wrote:
QUESTION: Did anybody else get the "Unknown Line" error, requiring a refresh? If you did, I want to know if you actually got a ticket or not?
Yeaaaah I got that error too. I ended up with tickets but on my SO's profile, not mine.

Long story short I got in the queue around 11:30 on my burner profile, and at 11:50ish got that error. Refreshed, back in the queue, everything seemed ok.

Waited until 12:00 exactly to go to the queue on my SO's profile and within 3 minutes we were in, no errors. My profile however, never made it, and the countdown timer on my profile seemed to be lagging behind the other by about a minute...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." -Einstein

DancesWithElves
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Distrikt

Post by DancesWithElves » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey, Jordan - it's been a while!

I got that error too after leaving the keyboard for a minute. When I saw it my reaction was to hit Back on the browser. I hit it twice, and got back to where I could reenter the queue. I noticed that the clock wasn't quite in sync with the computer, by over a minute. Still, I got in, and at about 12:20 PST I got to buy tickets successfully.

Hey, I haven't seen a year yet where main-sale tix don't show up at face value or less, especially in July and August. Be patient, hasn't EVER failed!

-Karen
She who must be obeyed

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Was that TODAY.jpg
Was that TODAY.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

just kidding... successful little man walking in green! :mrgreen:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

NappyHeadedHo

Post by NappyHeadedHo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm a virgin who just scored two tickets! Hooray for being prepared! I am concerned now though because although I got my tickets, I didn't even have the option to purchase a vehicle pass. :cry:

Ever
Burning Since: 2003

Post by Ever » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 pm

See you out there :)

Jordan 10-E
Burning Since: 2002

Post by Jordan 10-E » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Alright cool. I wasn't trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't a victim of a technical glitch. Instead I was just a victim of a population cap and the whole world wanting to go nowdays.

Some people would probably not have much sympathy for my no-ticket plight since I have been 15 times now, but I don't care if it was 30 times, I need a ticket. It used to be so much simpler before lottos and vehicle passes and mass media.

Karen it has been awhile since I have seen you. Something will happen for me between now and then. I will see you on the playa one way or another.
10E

Mountain Bobby

Post by Mountain Bobby » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:57 pm

I hit the link at 12:01, was immediately put in the waiting room and it showed I had 30 seconds until start of sale. At about 12:45 was given a notice all tickets had been sold. Basically telling me to beat it!
Deviation from the norm will be punished unless it is exploitable
Nice zipper on those pants...mind if I try it out? :P
Cute toes taste better!

simoneski
Burning Since: 2010

Post by simoneski » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 am

Hey Daisy wrote:
Jordan 10-E wrote:
Yeaaaah I got that error too. I ended up with tickets but on my SO's profile, not mine.

Long story short I got in the queue around 11:30 on my burner profile, and at 11:50ish got that error. Refreshed, back in the queue, everything seemed ok.

Waited until 12:00 exactly to go to the queue on my SO's profile and within 3 minutes we were in, no errors. My profile however, never made it, and the countdown timer on my profile seemed to be lagging behind the other by about a minute...
Same thing happened to me, at around 11:40. I re-entered through my email link, and was back in the waiting room, but it looked different. I got tickets after about 20 minutes. Only one other person I know got in. Ticketfly did not recognize my valid Visa card, lucked out and it took my debit card. Next year I am checking my card on ticketfly prior to the sale. I was freaking out for a few minutes. Hope you find some tickets.

berzins
Camp Name: Opulent Chill

Post by berzins » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 am

narnar wrote:Got my ticket after less than 10minutes in queue... super excited virgin here~!!!

Now.. to figure out the rest of the 90%. Praying for camp love.
Same here. You will do fine! See ya in the playa and congrats!
“Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.”
― Warren Ellis, Doktor Sleepless,
-findme at berzins*at*gmail------

spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Post by spacetime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:43 am

Ratty wrote: and condolences as appropriate. Our little camp didn't fare so well. Oh well, that's Burning Man. Begging without sounding needy is an art.
:)Same old song and dance.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:53 am

Hey Spacetime, Congrats. Are you working the GLC this week? There are lots of shifts still uncovered.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

ActaBoy17+

Post by ActaBoy17+ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:28 am

Well, i made all of the required steps in the process, including creating a profile, registering, and logging in at the correct time today and....no tickets. It's disappointing, and i know there are future options to pursue, but based on the way it happened (or didn't) i have questions about the system. (I have sent a detailed e-mail to the ticket support as well as to Ticketfly to address my concerns.)

In case a similar outcome was endured by other potential Burners, here is what happened:

I waited in the queue for 45 minutes and was finally told that all tickets were in carts (or something to that effect) but to "hold on" because if the transactions weren't completed by the original buyers, other tickets would be released in a few minutes. So i waited and sure enough, in a few minutes i was routed to the Ticketfly page which had a button at the bottom that said "Get Tickets", which i clicked on immediately. I was instantly rerouted to the same page where it asked me to designate a quantity of tickets, but there was nothing to click on- no box or field- to enter the number. I tried repeatedly to enter a number but to no avail. After about 20 minutes of trying, a screen finally came up saying there were 'no more tickets' or 'all tickets were in others' carts' and the sale had ended.

So i'm left with the question as to whether i missed something or did something wrong OR there was some kind of glitch due to an overload of the system. Either way i will remain doggedly self reliant and pursue the STEP tickets and the next sale in mid-April.

Wanted to post this in case others may have had any similar experience. I am still SO into going this year!!

ActaBoy17

kiss-o-matic

Post by kiss-o-matic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 am

delete
Last edited by kiss-o-matic on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiss-o-matic

Post by kiss-o-matic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:55 am

delete
Last edited by kiss-o-matic on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiss-o-matic

Post by kiss-o-matic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:56 am

vargaso wrote:Our camp got ZERO tickets so far. Wow. We've usually scored about 50% of what we needed in the main sale, doesn't look like we'll get even close to that this time. We bring art projects and volunteer around, but we're not a registered camp, so no DGS tickets. Well...
I'm a registered (non-theme) camp w/ a licensed mutant vehicle. We've had the license only 2 years. We got 2 tickets in the DGS. Not sure if we hit the 50% coverage in the main sale for the camp, but it was pretty close.
So i'm left with the question as to whether i missed something or did something wrong OR there was some kind of glitch due to an overload of the system. Either way i will remain doggedly self reliant and pursue the STEP tickets and the next sale in mid-April.
You missed nothing. Here's how the system works (as best as I can tell).
-There's a pool of tickets
-X number of people are taken from the queue to check out [let's assume 10 for simplicity] where they designate how many tickets (Y) they want
-Y tickets are put in carts (and removed from the pool)
-Transactions are either complete, and tickets are removed from the carts (and out of the system), or the transactions fail and tickets are put back into the pool.
-More users are taken to checkout. Rinse -> Repeat
[Skip to where there are 5 tickets left]
-10 users at checkout all have the same screen showing tickets available, even though there is only 5.
(Loop Start)
-All 10 of them attempt to put 1 ticket in their cart.
-5 succeed, but 5 are given the error that tickets are not available and no option to select any.
-I believe 5 more people are taken to checkout at this point, despite the fact there are basically no tickets.
-There are 5 tickets in carts, and no tickets in the pool right now. The 5 left behind guys are continually refreshing their page as are the 5 latest additions to checkout.
-Four people succeed at checkout, but one poor sap realizes he only uses American Express, and cannot purchase a ticket. His ticket goes from his cart back into the pool.
-Everyone at checkout refreshing will see this one ticket available.
Go back to loop start

tldr;
The carts are decoupled from the queue. Checkout continually lets people in from the queue, regardless of ticket availability. As people leave checkout (either in failure or success) more are let in. Sometimes tickets go back into the pool.

It's aggravating as fuck, but it's better than what's been had before, and honestly I think it went pretty smoothly this year. It would be nice if the system would not let people into checkout if their order could exceed the number of available tickets. When the ticket pool gets down to 100, only 50 could be allowed in checkout. If 25 bought 2 tickets and 25 bought 1, then 12 people are let in. Etc., etc. That might have prevented me from getting my one ticket, ironically, so maybe I should shut up. :D

MODS: Sorry about all the posts... I come from a place where the edit icon and the quote icon are switched. :shock:
Last edited by kiss-o-matic on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

kiss-o-matic

Post by kiss-o-matic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:56 am

delete

Return to “Tickets Discussion”