Ticket Transfer Tool (2017) Process

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
silvergirl70
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Freestyle Palace

Ticket Transfer Tool (2017) Process

Post by silvergirl70 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:28 am

A question about the ticket transfer tool in Ticketfly. Has anyone used this?

I am getting my tickets from a friend of mine, and it seems more convenient to use this service, but do the tickets end up at Will Call? It isn't quite clear to me from the description...it seems from the Ticketfly site that if we do the transfer before 5/31/17, that the tickets will be redirected to be delivered to me at my house. This would be the easiest thing to do. One of the tickets is also going to another friend, and we would all rather skip the will call process and middleman.

If need be, the original purchaser can just mail me the tickets after she receives them, but I would rather go through official channels.

If someone has insight on this, much obliged.

Thank you!
:coffee: Never play leapfrog with unicorn. :coffee:

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Re: Ticket Transfer Tool (2017) Process

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Fri May 05, 2017 7:51 am

I had tickets transferred to me, I called to ask about the delivery, they said they will be at will call. I asked if I can set them up to be delivered to me, he put me on hold and 10 mins later he came back to say yes but I'd have to pay delivery fee of $10 for UPS next day air. Done! :D
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

silvergirl70

Post by silvergirl70 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 am

oOH. Tattoed! Great news. Did you call Ticketfly, I'm assuming? Maybe I'll give them a call before I try this. My past experiences with will call have not been bad, but after the gate line, I just don't want to be in D-lot any more than humanly possible.

Thanks!

tattooedreceptionist
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

Not wanting to get out of line is one of the reasons why I want mine delivered!! Also I have a bell jar I bought specifically to house my tickets until the event.

I did have to call though, I emailed them last week but got no response. I was on hold for 30mins in case you call from work like I did :P
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

silvergirl70

Post by silvergirl70 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 am

I did have to call though, I emailed them last week but got no response. I was on hold for 30mins in case you call from work like I did :P[/quote]

So funny! I am currently on hold with them at work. There is a guy coming to look at the phone in 30 min, so hopefully I can get my answer. You think that this would be a popular option: tickets delivered conventionally! HAHAHAHAHA

OK. Just got thru. 15 minute hold time before lunch PST. Here is what the guy told me:
When you transfer the tickets via the ticket transfer tool, once accepted on your end, the ticket delivery method defaults to Will Call. All you have to do (per above and my discussion) is call and ask that method of delivery be converted to USPS.
I forgot to ask, but BORG website says this has to be done before 5/31. No problem.

Yay!

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Post by dragonpilot » Fri May 05, 2017 1:44 pm

It's all spelled out right here: https://ticketsupport.burningman.org/cu ... fer-option

And yes...once the tickets have been transferred the recipient must CALL to arrange a change to the method of delivery...ON OR BEFORE MAY 31!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

silvergirl70

Post by silvergirl70 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Yah. I checked the information, and I wanted to clarify what a "shipping upgrade" meant. I wasn't sure if the default method stayed at USPS shipping and this was some sort of next day shipping or something. The default for transferred orders is always Will Call, according to the Ticketfly support staff.

From the link (thank you for providing that above):

• Transferred tickets default to Will Call pick up from the Box Office of the event. The new owner can email ticketsupport@burningman.org to arrange payment for a shipping upgrade if needed before May 31st. You will not be able to select shipping options/adjustments after May 31st, all orders transferred after that date will be for Will Call pick up.

So I did call Ticketfly 877-435-9849 (after transferring the tickets) and the "shipping upgrade" was $12. No big whoop. I think it costs them that much in manpower hours to put these in a special pile somewhere next to the PB&J.

Here is the caveat: they are supposed to send me a confirmation that I'm getting a "shipping upgrade" (from Will Call status to USPS 1st class with tracking; standard for tix in the main sale). I'm waiting for that to come. According to support staff @ Ticketfly, the orders page for the order in my Ticketfly account will never change from Will Call, even though I'm on an internal spreadsheet somewhere to have the tickets mailed like normal tickets. They said that they will send me a confirmation email when the tickets go out. All these transferred tickets go in a separate pile of tickets and are processed off from the main grouping, either before or after the main grouping, when they want to deal with it. Again, so be it. I will be happy to get the tix in my hot hands before August.

I'm not sure what the degree of attachment Burning Man Organization is with Ticketfly (vs other venues) so I may email ticketsupport@burningman.org with a copy of the confirmation email from ticketfly just to make sure they are communicating. Am I slightly OCD? yes. But I don't want to be one of those people having a complete breakdown @ Will Call for any number of reasons surrounding a mis-laid ticket.

Better that I just spent an hour doing this drinking coffee at work desk in between patients, rather than in D lot without internet access or phone.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm

A ticket was transferred to me a couple days ago, but it has not shown up in my Ticketfly account. I did receive an e-mail with confirmation number.
How long before I should sound the alarm?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 pm

I guess that depends on whether you trust the person transferring the ticket to you, or not. If you believe there is a ticket and it was transferred to you then Monday is soon enough. Any doubts about the whole transaction? Start screaming yesterday.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 am

No doubt at all. And I did receive the e-mail notification from Ticketfly, complete with a brief note from the seller.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 am

Yah for elliott! So many people appreciate all you do. Especially me. A big hug for you and your crew.((((hugs)))))
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 am

Thanks, Ratty!

Still nothing in my Ticketfly account.

Zarqun
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: (Re)Boot

Post by Zarqun » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 am

I'd call, Elliot! :)
Probably some bug in their system... :)

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu May 11, 2017 9:35 am

I may have spotted the problem.
The transfer was made to a different e-mail address than the one on my Ticketfly account. (I have four e-mail addresses for different purposes, and I wish I didn't.)

And there seems to be no provision for a second e-mail address on the account.

EDIT:
So.... Do I start another Ticketfly account, and then it will all fall in place?

Looks like I solved it by opening a second account.

Doing that was not easy! Ticketfly showed that the second address was already registered, but the password for the first account did not work.

So I used "forgot my password", and that gave me a way to enter a password for the second e-mail address. And when I logged in to this new account, there I found the transferred item.

2Thu
Camp Name: Camp Against the Machine

Post by 2Thu » Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 am

Eliott, was your friend who was sending a ticket by chance splitting up a will call ticket?
I'm in the process of doing a transfer also and the sender said he is getting an error that says "transaction cannot be completed because we are unable to split up will call tickets" has someone ever had this scenario?

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Mon May 15, 2017 7:57 am

I don't know what the original shipping status was. But it worked perfectly fine once I realized he had sent it to a different e-mail address and I opened an account with that address.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”