Need Input on Burner Express Bus Ticket vs. BxB+ Ticket

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Mama Yost
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Mohammed's Martini Camp

Need Input on Burner Express Bus Ticket vs. BxB+ Ticket

Postby Mama Yost » Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 am

I am hoping to buy a Burner Bus Plus ticket with Admission ticket which goes on sale 6/14. But, if I can't get through to buy one because they sell out fast, then I would have preferred to buy a regular Burner Bus ticket TODAY (and find my admission ticket elsewhere). It's freaking me out that BxB+ go on sale a month after Burner Express Bus tickets go on sale. Any suggestions?

schranerb
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Need Input on Burner Express Bus Ticket vs. BxB+ Ticket

Postby schranerb » Wed May 10, 2017 12:28 pm

I would go ahead and buy one. I got my "park admission" ticket separately and didn't get my bus ticket til about a month ahead of time. There were plenty of trip times available on every date except they don't run there on Sat and Sun I believe. I didn't go on return trip but trip there from Reno was easy (from the small airport there). It was well organized and an easy trip which further skipped the line going in with everybody cheering wildly when we crossed in. One warning is that if you bring any "enhancements" I would consider sending them in with a larger group as I rather surprisingly saw them searching bags from an entire bus when I got there. Whew! That would've been a bummer massively! Who knows why that happened it's not typical I know that. As an aside in the very off chance (esp if you live in NorCal) that you can't get tickets (my mantra is if you want to go to BM enough then it will happen) you will be able to rid yourself of the bus ticket easily.

Keep Burning and I hope this helps,
Crayfish

wraith
Burning Since: 2010

Postby wraith » Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm

schranerb wrote:I would go ahead and buy one. I got my "park admission" ticket separately and didn't get my bus ticket til about a month ahead of time. There were plenty of trip times available on every date except they don't run there on Sat and Sun I believe. I didn't go on return trip but trip there from Reno was easy (from the small airport there). It was well organized and an easy trip which further skipped the line going in with everybody cheering wildly when we crossed in. One warning is that if you bring any "enhancements" I would consider sending them in with a larger group as I rather surprisingly saw them searching bags from an entire bus when I got there. Whew! That would've been a bummer massively! Who knows why that happened it's not typical I know that. As an aside in the very off chance (esp if you live in NorCal) that you can't get tickets (my mantra is if you want to go to BM enough then it will happen) you will be able to rid yourself of the bus ticket easily.

Keep Burning and I hope this helps,
Crayfish

Don't bring drugs on planes. Doubly don't bring drugs on planes with the current Administration making noise about how mandatory minimums just weren't enough of a deep fucking for anyone caught, and they clearly need to be increased.

Bloodfeud
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hottie Police

Postby Bloodfeud » Mon May 29, 2017 9:58 am

Any one know if the BXB+ Tickets are transferable?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 am

If you took the time to look at the web page would would see answers to most questions. Here you go. I took the time for you. You're welcome.

BXBus: Can I give my Burner Express ticket to someone else or put the ticket in a friend’s name?
Last Updated - Feb 28, 2017 03:12PM PST

No, tickets are non-transferable and only valid for the person listed as the passenger in the purchase process. Passengers will be required to show ID at the point of embarkation. We verify that passengers have Burning Man event tickets so we cannot allow transfers of bus tickets.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Mon May 29, 2017 10:08 am

If you are referring to the event ticket. Buy it and use it.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Bloodfeud
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hottie Police

Postby Bloodfeud » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:40 pm

[quote="Ratty"]If you took the time to look at the web page would would see answers to most questions. Here you go. I took the time for you. You're welcome.

BXBus: Can I give my Burner Express ticket to someone else or put the ticket in a friend’s name?
Last Updated - Feb 28, 2017 03:12PM PST

No, tickets are non-transferable and only valid for the person listed as the passenger in the purchase process. Passengers will be required to show ID at the point of embarkation. We verify that passengers have Burning Man event tickets so we cannot allow transfers of bus tickets.[/quote]

I had already read that but that just refers to the regular BxBus ticket. Surely if you have a BxB+ and can't use it you should be able to transfer the ticket and whoever receives it would have to buy a spot on the burner bus to ensure that the ticket is valid?

Return to “Tickets Discussion”