Who Do You Trust....?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Who Do You Trust....?

Post by Meat Hunter » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Of these three, who do you guys trust the most to make an accurate and timely delivery and not lose an item:

U.S.P.S.
UPS
BM Will Call
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Who Do You Trust....?

Post by Eric » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Will call isn't really delivery, but as far as I've ever heard they haven't lost any legitimate tickets - which is very different from people showing up there thinking they bought a third-party will call ticket & they got scammed instead. The catch: line to get your ticket, line to get back in line to get into BRC

I can't speak for UPS for tickets, I always go USPS & have never had a problem. I never pay extra for the "2 day" delivery, because I know it just isn't going to happen. Ever.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Eric is correct. Willcall is the least likely to fail method of getting ones ticket(s).
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

I work for a distribution company and deal with USPS, UPS, and Fed-Ex every day. USPS is by far the worst as far as losing packages with Fed-Ex coming in second. UPS has the best track record of the three. It still happens though. USPS also has the worst attitude about losing your package. In their opinion, they DON'T lose most of their packages and we should be happy about that. Fed-Ex and UPS will make an attempt to find your lost package if the shipper wants them to but as far as the customer, sorry buddy, you're out of luck.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 am

UPS lost a ticket I had purchased third party. The envelope made it onto the truck right here in town, but then vanished.

Never had a problem with USPS.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:08 am

Eric wrote:Will call isn't really delivery, but as far as I've ever heard they haven't lost any legitimate tickets
A few years back, a camp mate picked up his ticket at Will Call and 30 minutes later at gate, they accused him of shenanigans. According to them, the ticket had already been scanned (used for entrance earlier). To hear him tell it, they put him in a little room with a bright light and grilled him as to how he did it. After an extended wait, they eventually let him enter BRC after concluding that the ticket malfunction was thiers and not his.

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:28 am

UPS. Not gonna wait in line for Will Call if I can help it.

I have them shipped to work, and we have our usual delivery guy. Very willing to help out if something goes missing.

USPS misplaced Grai's passport and acted like I was the problem when I asked them for help.
Sic Semper Spectatores

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

UPS. Never had a prob with any packages from them.

USPS here sucks...REALLY bad. They honestly don't gaf. FedEx is 50/50. One separate occasions I've seen the trucks pull up, glance at my building, and drive away. When I check tracking it says "package undeliverable for _____________ reason". My fave is when they claimed it's coz they didn't have a keypad code...my building doesn't have a gate :?

So for this I go UPS coz I want the tickets in hand. Will call is def the best guarantee since it doesn't give you an opp to lose/forget them, but I agree with most, fuck getting out of line lol
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:54 am

USPS does a good job with me. Packages arrive, notices are left, and I can pick up things at their office easily. I think FedEx is the most incompetent of all of them. No, wait, that would be Amazon Logistics. Sometimes Amazon Logistics even misses the delivery day, or deliver at 8PM or something. Fortunately, they haven't been tapped as the courier for BM tickets.

What infuriates me about FedEx is that I'll see that they have received my package in my city a few days early according to the tracking, but they won't deliver it early because "it's not due for delivery." From what I've heard it's because the drivers are contractors and have no incentive to deliver anything on a route early.

So I'd vote UPS or USPS.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”