Third Party Tickets

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Renesis
Burning Since: 2017

Third Party Tickets

Postby Renesis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 pm

I have been dying to attend the event for years now but have been unable to secure a ticket to the event. In this years sale I clicked the purchase link just 15 seconds after startup time and they were already sold out. I understand how difficult these tickets can be to obtain. My question is what is the chance, if at all, that any of the third party tickets will be legit? It seems Burningman is doing their best to prevent ticket scalping but there are hundreds of tickets on sale online for more then double the original price, including vivid seats which sponsored the original sale in the first place. Would vivid tickets be a likely source to obtain a ticket for this year?

If I had the money I would have no problem buying a $1200 ticket but with a wife and family that is just not a possibility. I'm willing to do a lot to get ahold of one just have not been given a proper opportunity to obtain one. Please PM me if anybody has some good insider information as the best way to approach this. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you out there this year.

kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Third Party Tickets

Postby kiss-o-matic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:46 am

Renesis wrote:I have been dying to attend the event for years now but have been unable to secure a ticket to the event. In this years sale I clicked the purchase link just 15 seconds after startup time and they were already sold out. I understand how difficult these tickets can be to obtain. My question is what is the chance, if at all, that any of the third party tickets will be legit? It seems Burningman is doing their best to prevent ticket scalping but there are hundreds of tickets on sale online for more then double the original price, including vivid seats which sponsored the original sale in the first place. Would vivid tickets be a likely source to obtain a ticket for this year?

If I had the money I would have no problem buying a $1200 ticket but with a wife and family that is just not a possibility. I'm willing to do a lot to get ahold of one just have not been given a proper opportunity to obtain one. Please PM me if anybody has some good insider information as the best way to approach this. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you out there this year.

Vivid Seats did not sponser the event. Tickets are told through Ticketfly. As such, Vivid would not be an ideal place to get a ticket, but I suppose it's not impossible to get one for face value (just highly unlikely).

Tickets start to become available closer to the event... the best thing is to try the OMG sale in August, and of course be active in the 2nd hand market. Read the warning threads here about how to not get scammed.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”