Bought ticket- need to transfer to my name?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
crawfish
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Zendo

Bought ticket- need to transfer to my name?

Postby crawfish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I bought a paper ticket from an acquaintance/ new friend. He gave me the original package including the receipt and survival guide. Is there anything else I need to do? There is no name printed on the ticket so I assume I can just present the ticket and get in, but I have been reading some things about transferring tickets to the new buyer's name- is this necessary? If so how to do it?

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Bought ticket- need to transfer to my name?

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:30 pm

crawfish wrote:I bought a paper ticket from an acquaintance/ new friend. He gave me the original package including the receipt and survival guide. Is there anything else I need to do? There is no name printed on the ticket so I assume I can just present the ticket and get in, but I have been reading some things about transferring tickets to the new buyer's name- is this necessary? If so how to do it?

Hi Crawfish. You should be fine with a paper ticket.

The average, normal paper ticket does not have a name irrevocably assigned to it. They are meant to be used, gifted, or sold at cost. If a ticket is sold above cost (for example, on an auction site) and the Org finds out the serial number somehow, it can be invalidated. But I doubt that's what happened here--& you'd probably know if it was.

It's Will Call tickets that involve a name change. There are also things like Low Income Tickets, which are assigned to one person who earned it through an application process, and those are assigned to specific people and are completely non-transferrable.
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

crawfish
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Zendo

Postby crawfish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Thank you! Yes, it was a regular, face value main sale paper ticket. The original buyer bought 2 but sold me his extra.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:03 pm

See you in the dust crawfish!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”