Volunteer questions

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Night Raven
Burning Since: 2018

Volunteer questions

Postby Night Raven » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi all. I am a recent transplant to Reno and was wondering if there were any volunteer opportunities that don't require a ticket?

I wasnt sure if greeters were inside the city, or outside. As much as I would love to go this year, I just can't, but being somewhat local I thought it would be great to see if there was anywhere I could volunteer just to help out on one of the weekend days.

I know I couldn't go in the city, but if there were openings for those outside, it would be great.

Thanks all. Hopefully next year, I can actually go.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Volunteer questions

Postby burner von braun » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:57 am

Greeters is inside the city so you'd have to have a ticket.

I was going to suggest "Air Playa Info", however seeing as you're new to Reno though, you might not be able to provide a wealth of local info to people flying in, which is what I think they're looking for. Wouldn't hurt to check though I suppose, they might need some kind of clerical help with rideshares or some other assistance.

https://burningman.org/event/volunteering/teams/

Perhaps you could try to find an art build going on in town prior to it being hauled out to BRC, and help some with that. Some groups are probably more receptive to that than others.

Anyhow, thanks for helping out on your off year.

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Volunteer questions

Postby Popeye » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 am

Burner Express will need people at the Reno airport. Probably sign up through your profile.

This group viewtopic.php?f=459&t=81092&p=1137816&hilit=celestial#p1137816 is looking for help in Reno.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Return to “Tickets Discussion”