2017 Voided Ticket List available yet?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
trackstar1013
Burning Since: 2009

2017 Voided Ticket List available yet?

Post by trackstar1013 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 am

So I ended up purchasing a ticket through a Third Party. I made sure to follow all the tips and instructions to prevent being scammed. I also made sure I purchased through a channel that gives purchase protection.

However even with all these steps I'm still nervous. I'll be driving almost 3,000 km to get to Burning Man and I don't want to be turned away. Even if I get a ticket refund. :?

I was wondering when the 2017 Voided Ticket List would be available. So far I've only been able to find the 2016 list.

Thanks for your help!
trackstar1013

Because 10 billion years time
Is so fragile
so ephemeral
it arouses such a bittersweet
almost heartbreaking fondness

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: 2017 Voided Ticket List available yet?

Post by Eric » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Mod note: thread subject edited for clarity.

Ticketing hasn't released a voided ticket list yet, and even when they do it's never complete (they do the best they can, but they're dealing with a lot of moving parts the next two months). Once they release it to us we'll have it up, and update it as they send them.

If you purchased physical tickets, make sure they're real: they should be on heavy, high-quality stock paper. The printing is flawless, and contains multiple types of holographic & metallic inks in very thin lines - turn the ticket in a well-lit room to see them. The "eye" is embossed, so you can feel it with your eyes closed. The tiny red dots printed on the flame are in neat rows and printed in metallic ink. The holographic ink is on both sides. Look at the fine print on the back of the ticket with a magnifying glass/ app: it shouldn't be blurry. If your ticket looks cheap it isn't real (note to OP: I know you've gone before, but these details are important for anyone reading the thread).

If you purchased Will Call tickets, make sure the ticket transfer is completed. Once this is finished they're safely yours, there is no way for the original owner to transfer them back. Note: this is only good for Will Call tickets at this point:
https://ticketsupport.burningman.org/cu ... se-s-name-
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

trackstar1013

Post by trackstar1013 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Hey Eric,

Thanks so much for the tips on the event ticket. Do you have anything to look for with regards to the vehicle pass?
trackstar1013

Is so fragile
so ephemeral

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Sorry about the delay in replying, I've been away without internet access (sounds like the end of August, doesn't it :lol: ).

The vehicle passes are stickers, but the part you peel off is in front of the image (it goes inside the window). Green & metallic silver ink for the background, with the BRC map done in fine black lines on top - extremely clearly. The background design is lined up perfectly where it transitions between silver & green. Double check the QR Code on the pass, you'll know immediately why (and, no, I won't post or PM it). As with all BM ticket stuff, it is done incredibly well. If it looks cheap it's a fake.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

trackstar1013

Post by trackstar1013 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:08 pm

It looks like they've started posting voided tickets for 2017.

http://tickets.burningman.org/voided-tickets/
trackstar1013

Is so fragile
so ephemeral

Return to “Tickets Discussion”