Stolen tickets - help needed

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
berzins
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Opulent Chill

Stolen tickets - help needed

Post by berzins » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 am

Hello dear Veterans.

I bought my tickets on the main sale (yay) and asked to USPS deliver them to my job. Guess what, USPS said it delivered the tickets and someone signed for the tickets (A certain D.EEE). Problem is, nobody with this initials work there and my mail room guy said he did not receive anything on the delivery date.

I opened a claim with USPS, but they are not responding.

I contacted burningman.org, they said they will move my tickets to will call but I have to wait a couple of weeks.

Very anxious and afraid here since it is my first year and I will be coming from Brazil. Have anyone here suffered the same situation? Any tips?

Thanks.
“Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.”
― Warren Ellis, Doktor Sleepless,
-findme at berzins*at*gmail------

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Stolen tickets - help needed

Post by maladroit » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 am

That sucks! But it sounds like you solved the problem. Tickets are physical objects that can go missing. Will Call sucks sometimes, but it's better than not making it to the playa! Have fun out there!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Tickets have bar codes and they can be canceled by the BMORG.

It seems they have done that and will issue a new ticket you can pick up at the will-call before you enter.

Make sure you have a government ID that matches the info BM sends you for the will-call ticket and you are good.

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:48 pm

I would add, just for insurance, I would print out any correspondence that you have had with Ticketing and bring it along with you.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:58 am

berzins wrote:Hello dear Veterans.

I bought my tickets on the main sale (yay) and asked to USPS deliver them to my job. Guess what, USPS said it delivered the tickets and someone signed for the tickets (A certain D.EEE). Problem is, nobody with this initials work there and my mail room guy said he did not receive anything on the delivery date.

I opened a claim with USPS, but they are not responding.

I contacted burningman.org, they said they will move my tickets to will call but I have to wait a couple of weeks.

Very anxious and afraid here since it is my first year and I will be coming from Brazil. Have anyone here suffered the same situation? Any tips?

Thanks.
Hi Berzins.

I'm pleased to hear Ticketing has helped you. You've received some great advice about 1) having proper government issued ID that matches your Will Call order's name and 2) printing out the emails from Ticketing.

Will Call is not so bad at all; I pick up my ticket there.

Note: Don't part from a vehicle full of travelers to go to Will Call; everyone in the car must go together.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

berzins
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Opulent Chill

Post by berzins » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you all for the replies :)

Crossing my fingers here.
“Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.”
― Warren Ellis, Doktor Sleepless,
-findme at berzins*at*gmail------

Return to “Tickets Discussion”