Presale va resale

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
PlayaPatrol

Presale va resale

Postby PlayaPatrol » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 am

The presale tickets with fees come out to around $2200 or $2600 for two tix and car pass. Presale are $990 or $1200. Resale tix are far less. Are buyers able to resell presale for what they paid total?
Do presale buyers feel fucked by burning man since costs are so inflated?
Anyone taking offence at anything in my posts - tough. It's only an internet forum. Stop being overly sensitive. you are shallow and banal. Eplayans who spend hours a day posting need to make in person friends and mentally masturbate less.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Presale va resale

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Presale buyers made the decision to pay those prices, even though they know they are vastly more expensive than regular tickets. Anyone playing the "buy a presale & hope to get a general sale" game are gambling with the risk that they won't get the full price of the presale ticket back. All they have to do is look at any year those tickets have been available - they almost always sell for less than their cost by the middle of August. This year they've been selling below cost (still way above general ticket) for over a month.

If anyone fucked them over, it's their own greed. BMan makes these available so people who have either (a) the money to afford it, or (b) the need to absolutely be guaranteed a ticket, can get them. Just because people try to play the resale game doesn't make Burning Man the bad guy in this (though I'm one of the people who think you should be blocked from entering other sales if you buy at this tier, just like every other tier)
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

pedroescobar
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby pedroescobar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 pm

I bought presale ($990) to guarantee my tickets but still participated in both main sale and OMG (didn't get either). My plan was to basically split the cost between presale and main sale tickets with friend who haven't gotten them if I did get the "normal tickets". Basically hedging my price, but also guaranteeing I got tickets since it is my first year. I would hate to have put all the money for all the travel and logistics only to miss a ticket. Paying the extra money wasn't ideal but neither is missing out after 5 years of "life" preventing me from making out before.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 am

Presale tickets were priced at $990. The $1200 price are called Art Tickets, there were 1000 of those (500 made available during the pre-sale, 500 later via Burner Profile link), and they are essentially patron tickets - the money from those tickets is to offset the honorarium art grants (yeah, Burning Man does $1.2m in art grants to several dozen projects).

Return to “Tickets Discussion”