The Waiting Game

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
coylecathy
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: The Bureau of Misinformation

The Waiting Game

Post by coylecathy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 am

Hello Burners,

Sending so much love to each of you and thank you for taking a moment to read this.

So I was silly and missed the OMG registration, even though I know that they would sell super quick, I will know better for securing my ticket next year. We are travelling from Ireland and South Africa, via South East Asia and will arrive in San Fran on August 10th, do you think if we wait it out until the last moment we increase our chances of getting a better priced ticket as the current asking of 1200 per ticket is far outside our budget.
So do we play a waiting game is there a method in that madness?

Cathy xx

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: The Waiting Game

Post by Elderberry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:41 am

If you were in the states, I'd say play the waiting game. However, coming from overseas, personally, I wouldn't risk it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: The Waiting Game

Post by burner von braun » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 am

I feel compelled to ask, have you read through the Burning Man Survival Guide and First Timers Guide. If not, stop what you're doing and read those carefully before you act.

If, on the other hand, you have, or you've already been before, and are up to speed with your preparations, then I wish you well on your ticket search. I suspect there will be a flurry of ticket activity, but bear in mind, there are only a limited number of tickets available.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”