can scam go both ways

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
garbage118
Burning Since: 2006

can scam go both ways

Post by garbage118 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 pm

I have a question about someone wanting me to send a picture of the QR code and ticket number for a ticket they want to buy from me. I get they don't want to get scammed, selling ticket to them for $400, but by sending a picture of the ticket to them is there a risk to me or the ticket doing this. I want to make them feel secure in the ticket since they are traveling a ways to get it, we are meeting face to face. Any helpful advice would be great just hoping to help someone out who wants to burn, have my tickets already. Thanks

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: can scam go both ways

Post by Eric » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Scams can go both ways, but it's rare. Go with your gut - if you don't feel safe doing it, don't. There are enough people looking for tickets that you can arrange a sale you can be comfortable with. Big word of warning - if you are selling the tickets in person, make sure to do the exchange somewhere safe. The lobby of a police station is often suggested.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: can scam go both ways

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 am

Almost sounds as if your buyer is setting up a scalping resale himself.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”